News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Choo Choo [ a Little Project ]

Started by RedKetchup, May 30, 2016, 09:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Hello ALL!

These 3 months vacations was very nice :)
But before i go back to Rise of Pharaoh and see with BlackLiquid (CC Crew members) if they want to continue and finish it ....

I want to put myself in the bath of doing Mods (kinda feel very rusted lol)

So i decided to start this little project :)

Choo Choo Mod.

What would be and do this Choo Choo mod ?

As the "sounds" of it is indicating... this is a mod about Railroads and Trains, and of course, about a Train Station :)

Unfortunatly, we all know we cannot add any building animations, and make things moving ....
1- i am planning to make railroads which kinda will serve as "decorations". There will be a full set including diagonal tracks.
2- i am planning to make trains and wagons which will be stationary. The trains and wagons will have a purpose though.
3- i am planning to make a modular train station which will allow you to put side to side and make it as long as you want. And this modular station will have a purpose too.
4- When it will be completly done, i am not planning to make updates on this.

Choo Choo Railroads part :
i am planning to make them as "ghost" decoration (if i can understand and handle this technology) and allow them to be used as roads by citizens. they will entirely allow the construction of dirt and stone roads over them for speed walks and if i fully understood the "ghost technology", i will put a "remove button" on the windows to remove them.

There will be straight piece, turn left and turn right pieces, an Y piece too, and diagonal piece. for the moment, the turns are kinda sharp lol but in the future, i will try to smooth the curves (which will ask extra works)

Choo Choo Trains part :
I asked myself what would be the purpose of them. i would have love to imagine they go from town to town kinda like merchants... but as we know, we cannot add any "ground" merchants
and we cannot use this interface and this feature because it will "trigger" a boat merchant which will try to reach the train (and or train station).
So i tried to imagine a concept that can maybe will "simulate" an exchange function.

This is what i decided to do : I will try to offer the most possibilities to exchange things into other things.
Although i tried in NMT to make the number of profession created as low as possible, I will create 2 new professions : Merchants and TrainDrivers

Merchants : they will take goods and make packages of them in order to dispatch to other towns like 100 units + 1 log for the crate
TrainDrivers : they will take those crates and exchange them for another kind of crates after a while for simulating the time they take from town to town.
Merchants : They will also take care to "unpacks" those new crates and release the goods into the community.

So the Train Engine part will function as a building and there will be a menu to exchange a kind of crate for another kind of crate.
The wagons part set will serves as "storage" and will be used to store food... textiles... tools.. logs .. stone .. etc.
The merchants will "live" in the Train Station part. there will be many or few different merchants that will take care of processing or food, or cloths, or building materials, or unpack,
and each merchant will "hold" a part of the modular train station.
You will able to put those "merchants" train station part side by side and make it as long as you wish.

Many new material goods will be created as : fruit crate, vegetable crate, grain crate, nut crate, meat crate, tool crate, cloth crate ... etc
The merchants will need to go pick up 100 units of a "specified" food or items and 1 log, and will create a specific "food" crate or "item" crate.
The Train Driver will take these "crates" and after a time, they will exchange it for another crate at your choice.

It will provide better diet for citizens in exchange of a working part, a working place and working force, and will also promote more diversified "exchanges" other that make a firewood industry and go all out. Maybe i will take that opportunity to nerf a bit this "firewood exchange" industry ^^
I will maybe check and put an eye on the "ale" industry too. I want more diversification.

I think i exposed alot and the whole project with this Choo Choo mod :)

lets see if i have a couple of pictures to give away right now :)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i ve put a picture of a "raw" draw of the Train station :)

the planned size of this is : 4x4 tiles , +1 for the road in front. they will be made in the way they will perfectly fit all together , side by side, and will "imbricate" perfectly and give the impression that is a longer 'train station' which seems to be a very big and long building in RL.

The goal will be to put (for example) : 1 or 2 food merchant, a textile merchant, a building material merchant , and some more , all together , side by side, and create your Train Station as you wish :)

DesoPL

Looks like great concept, and fits well with CC. Another reason to play mountains map kinda.

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on May 30, 2016, 12:13:23 PM
Looks like great concept, and fits well with CC. Another reason to play mountains map kinda.

for sure ! there will be railroad bridges and tunnels :)

RedKetchup

Just did the 1st merchant :) the Food Merchant

He will try to pack 100 of any of your fruits, vegetable, grain, or nuts, or also, 33 or 50 of your meat and put them in a crate for the Train Driver :)

on the screenshots i've put many food merchant in a row to give you the impression of what it will look like :)

as you can see, these crates will have a base value of 100  8)

Gatherer

This looks fantastic Mr. Red!!!

Speaking of "ground" merchants, any way of modding nomad spawns to bring goods that could be accepted instead of nomads themselves?

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 30, 2016, 12:27:35 PM
there will be railroad bridges and tunnels :)

Will you include a railroad bridge for the medieval canal?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Perhaps there could be big white painted words on the roof of each merchant station part (on the side of roof facing the tracks) denoting what kind of goods they sell/buy. FOOD, TEXTILES, TOOLS,...
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

no, about nomads we cant do anything.

railroad over canal* ? ... oh didnt thought about that!

not sure i want to paint the roofs... but i ll see what i can do :)

rkelly17

Fantastic idea! Great pictures! I hope it works out according to plan. Now our towns can look more updated as time marches on.

RedKetchup

as usual, in middle of the week , i didnt got time to work on this :( but the weekend is arriving :)
i even hope this weekend i ll finished all that.

the only thing i did this week is : changed the new raw material crates. the Merchants will make Exchange Crates, no matter with what they will full it
and the Train Drivers will take those Exchange Crate and get "what_you_want" crates with it.

previously, if you wold go check screenshots, you would notice they we making fruit_crates... grain_crates... and the Train Drivers were exchanging those fruit_crates... grain_crates... to get "what_you_want" crates :P
it will prevent exploits (100 potatoes to make vegetable crate and not sending to train driver and unpack right away the vegetable crate to get 100 cabbage lol)
so making an Exchange Crate fix the problem. you will never be able to unpack those Exchange crates. the only use is to exchange them for a "what_you_want" crate :)

i will also ask Train Drivers to wait they get 10 Exchange Crates to town exchanges for something else.

Turis

It would be interesting if nomads arrive in town at the train station.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Turis on June 03, 2016, 11:25:44 AM
It would be interesting if nomads arrive in town at the train station.

i can do one part of the train station that can cover it :)

Nilla

RedKetchup

Alright, i am back on this for all the weekend :)

Train Station Food import/export done :)
final - build02 - build01

i hope the 'sign' is enough visible for you, @Gatherer  ?