News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The Market

Started by Pangaea, September 23, 2014, 06:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

Being frustrated with how little logs and iron that is routinely stocked in the market, I figured I'd try and play with it a little. It's pretty easy, and you just change a few values. So I upped the limits for iron and logs and started a new game with the modified market. It did stock a bit more logs and iron, but nowhere near what it was supposed to (10% of each), and eventually we had logs and iron sticking out of our ears (it was quite painful).

The thing is, though, that the default market is supposed to work just fine with the values it has. Both wood and iron is set to 2%, which should equal 200 logs and 200 iron. But typically I only see 9 or 18. Do anybody know why that is, and how we might change it? Even at 10% each I at most saw 70-80 logs and iron in the market (theoretically it should have been 1000 each).

irrelevant

Logs and Iron weigh 11 units each. A market can hold 10,000 units. Two percent of 10,000 is 200. Two hundred / 11 = 18

I don't think it needs to be changed, at least not for me. I do just fine with markets the way they are.

You want more logs, more iron, add more vendors and make sure there are plenty of logs and iron in nearby stockpiles.

assobanana76

I use specialized stock pile and only a single vendor ..
in fact, I never worried that the market is full of products and which products ..
I have many storage barn in the map and people supplies there ..
the market is almost only for beauty at the center of the village ..
but is now in danger of being replaced by this !!
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=455.msg6570#msg6570  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Pangaea

Quote from: irrelevant on September 23, 2014, 06:55:54 AM
Logs and Iron weigh 11 units each. A market can hold 10,000 units. Two percent of 10,000 is 200. Two hundred / 11 = 18

I don't think it needs to be changed, at least not for me. I do just fine with markets the way they are.

You want more logs, more iron, add more vendors and make sure there are plenty of logs and iron in nearby stockpiles.

Oh, that makes sense then. Fits fairly well with the numbers I saw with a 10% limit too. I find that having only 9 logs/iron/coal can be an issue though, as I often see the blacksmith hurrying off to other parts of town to locate needed resources. Vendors don't make sure stockpiles are sensibly stocked as they just work on the market, and getting a solid stream of stone and logs into centre of town is tricky. I even have a full core of 25 vendors in the most busy market now, but output isn't great from woodcutters and blacksmiths. It's not a huge issue, but at least now I know why the market has so little logs and iron, so thanks for that.

Denis de la Rive

There is a mod by Iceblade that dose much of what you want: http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/81-Specialized-Storage I've used it with a lot of mods and it works very well.

Pangaea

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on September 23, 2014, 08:46:44 AM
There is a mod by Iceblade that dose much of what you want: http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/81-Specialized-Storage I've used it with a lot of mods and it works very well.

Thanks, I noticed that now when I had a more careful look over at banishedinfo. There is also the Markarts, which looks very good, and also has a vendor. Think I'll just stick to the defaults for now though - it's not like it's a carcrash, it's just not perfect all the time.

rkelly17

Has anybody seen anyone working on a mod that breaks the current market down into components that can be built alongside or near each other? I'm thinking I would like to experiment with town squares which have different parts of the market in different parts of the square rather than as one big block.

assobanana76

Quote from: Pangaea on September 23, 2014, 09:00:00 AM
Thanks, I noticed that now when I had a more careful look over at banishedinfo. There is also the Markarts, which looks very good, and also has a vendor. Think I'll just stick to the defaults for now though - it's not like it's a carcrash, it's just not perfect all the time.
but you know that you made me curious to this mod?
especially artisan markarts!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Bobbi

What I would love to see is a series of stores that do not all look the same to provide a different "look" not unlike most small towns. A hardware store, buy tools and leather, maybe iron. Grocery store, veg. Meat market. With different graphics. It is a dream...who will realize it for me....

rkelly17

Quote from: Bobbi on September 24, 2014, 09:06:14 AM
What I would love to see is a series of stores that do not all look the same to provide a different "look" not unlike most small towns. A hardware store, buy tools and leather, maybe iron. Grocery store, veg. Meat market. With different graphics. It is a dream...who will realize it for me....

Me too.

assobanana76

Bobbi