News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: Towns #5

Started by brads3, July 09, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 133-136
    while the canal is being finished,i take time to list what buildings are left to go with the church area.there is plenty of rowhouses;diagnals and 2 stories,a tile-roofed mini set;a set of orange 2 wide sheds,an old towne market,and of course all the churches.
     we add the salt works to the canal dock village.EB's wharehouse market to the west will help move supplies for the churches.hopefully thsi will help move stone.apparently having to haul the stone so far is slowing down the canal construction.

pic 1: saltworks
pic 2:EB wharehouse market

brads3

YEAR 136

Took us over 20 years to dig the canals.the population has increased about 200 and we did add 50 houses over those years.we have had many disease outbreaks come and go.with all our many goods,we have been able to trade for food and firewood.with some adjustments,we are now producing about as much food as we use.
       there is 2 small pieces left to finish. there is 2 fields being cleared and some building projects started.i am considering adding more markets to help keep materials flowing.we add another RH school and several markets.slowly work begins on the city gate to the church zone.

pic 1: new school and crops
pic 2: town gate and supply markets

brads3

YEAR 137

the workers begin to clear land for fields and supply an old town market.new houses should help bring laborers closer and speed this project up if more builders and other workers stop stealing all the houses.

pic 1: new crop fields and more rowhouses.
pic 2: the gate now has some bronze statues to welcome worshippers

brads3

YEAR 140

our biggest issue is housing. workers live so far away that the travel time slows down land clearing.as i build houses,builders move closer and other workers, but laborers are still living on the other side of the map.there doesn't seem to be a solution except going very slow and continue to build houses and clear fields.

brads3

YEAR 141-144

we build several more 2 story houses. a dairy barn and creamery is built and land cleared for a pasture.since we need more thatch and charcoal,a pine forest and thatch meadow is planned for the far northeast corner.several adjustments to traders and extra workers are sent to the pine set forests and gatherers.a throwback candle maker is planed for the church town to use up tallow.

pic 1: pasture and food storage for the church town
pic 2: pine forest 2 and 2nd  thatcher

brads3

YEAR 144-147

as we continue to clear land and add housing,we begin to work on services as well.the candle shop,an apothecary,a school,and a wood cutter are started.an abbey is planned.slowly clearing begins for the main church road.
       finally at the beginning of year 146,i lay out all 25 churches. they are paused as more fields are cleared and worker housing is built. for now,1 cemetary is set to be built.

pic 1:wood chopper and food storage
pic 2:school and candle shop
pic 3:north church layour
pic 4:south church layout

kid1293

Thanks for doing all this, @brads3 !

There are not many comments  :( but I am sure a lot of people are following
your progress. I didn't know it could be so 'life-like' when totally mixing
all sorts of mods. :)

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

thanks guys. sorry it goes slow at times. this comp is having issues and i have to save more often and go back a lot. keep getting sysytem erros and no it isn't due to mods.i've already started saving files to flash drives.
    don;t mind the messes. it isn't designed to look good but i do think i have enough room to build every mod on 1 map.hopefully i can finisj off KID's rowhouses and build the food up in the church town.

brads3

YEAR 147

I ran around and adjusted trading posts,the resource depot,and several workplaces. trying to use inventory we have. as is normal in bannished world,some items are overstocked and many under.we have too much flax but low on cotton.flowers and perfumes are high even with the trading.i have tried using the last canal trading post to move construction materials to the church town. market carts will move them closer to the church center.
       to help clear more land faster,we will build 2 tiny gardners to cut trees.then we will set up a FO gatherer to try to utilize the church grounds.hopefully with NECORA's new collection tech we will clear more than just trees and also be able to grow food in the space.this will set bannies to clear while others are clearing and supplying building projects.
      finallly by winter of year 148 the horse pasture is completed. more RH housing and storage sheds are also finished.as we continue to clear for more fields more markets are planned near the main town market.

pic 1: church town fountains
pic 2: horse pasture with decorative cows to the right and new sheds to the left

brads3

YEAR 149

to help our food production,we stop most of our ale production. we left root beer on and the honey mead and apple ciders.it will save most of our fruits and grains to food.we also adjust traders to use up the extra flowers and feathers.

after several weeks of too many restarts and saving after every set of nomads,i believe i have nursed the game past whatever was causing errors.there is not much progress to report.with all the crashes, i just wanted to get to year 150 and let the builders catch up. building continues but very slowly. i do hope i can keep playing this map without much more frustrations.since it has been so long between posts,i will do a quick review.hopefully after this year,i won't have to hold my breathe so much.

pic 1: church town market square
pic 2 south church town clearing crops

brads3

YEAR 150 REVIEW

WOW,that was rough to get past the last year.finally we made it to year 150.i adjusted the builders down to 50. every time i build houses, builders kick laborers out.this slows down progress. i do trade for about 30,000 food per year.as i expand it seems to maintain at that level.the firewood production has improved.the TOWNS survives and is stable.housing and food is behind.the goal of the church town was to finish building the rowhouses and build food up. we do need more food than we have space for fields.at least the 25 churches are layed out.
        to the southeast of church town,there is an island that a castle is planned for.though it will be slow,i think the best idea is to access that and use the area to build food up.if i use quay and dock housing,i should be able to get several crop fields. this way we aren't just producing rice and fish.there should be a CC mill left to grind the rice into flour as well.this will give the gardners time to clear land near the churches and the pastures to produce better also.hopefully, we will gain some speed by doing this.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 2: inventory

brads3

YEAR 150-152

While clearing on some fields is being finished,a stone and a plank bridge is built to access the island.2 storage carts will be added to save time carrying materials.work still goes slow. it took all year to build the 2 carts and bridges.an orchard is still being cleared as work begins on the dock.

Abandoned

Hi @brads3 I have had to do a little catching up on what I have missed.  Very impressive map, good job adjusting to changing circumstances.  I am thinking you must be getting close to reaching your goal of building all the buildings, so many nice looking areas throughout the map.  :)

brads3

umm no. still getting kick out errors. i double save and the next day errors.nursed it along this far but harder each time. haven't got much accomplished lately.have all the churches to build and many CC buildings yet.