News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discrepancy work in progress

Started by Discrepancy, May 31, 2017, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voeille

I would shove in gemstones, gold, silver and coins into precious or something similar. I think @elemental is right, you might want free limits for future use.

Nilla

I like your thoughts @Discrepancy!

I find it the right way to go. Follow your own vision of Banished. Follow your way and you help to keep this game alive and evolve! That doesn't the 6th different kind of cheese or the 20th different looking barn. (No critics @kid1293, you're a nice man, that makes what people ask for, admirable and nice)

I'm looking forward on "DS Megamod"! As usual, I will tell you, how I find it; what I like as well as what I don't like.

Gatherer

Quote from: elemental on May 27, 2018, 03:02:46 AM
I'm not particularly concerned about limits, but looking at your list I see three whole limits used for gold, coins, silver, gemstones. I don't know what you are planning but that seems like a lot. Do they really all need to be separate? You might want more free limits later on, depending on what you might decide to add in future mods.

Quote from: Voeille on May 27, 2018, 03:06:02 AM
I would shove in gemstones, gold, silver and coins into precious or something similar. I think @elemental is right, you might want free limits for future use.

Hmm...perhaps gold, silver and gemstones in custom6, coins stay in custom8 and custom7 stays free for future use.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Tom Sawyer

That sounds reasonable to me @Discrepancy. I'm not sure if an all-in-one compilation mod is a good idea but if it helps to find your concept then it's worth it. Be aware that you will get pressure about everything different to CC. Even unused flags have to stay unused to be conform. ;)

For the Nordic bank it would not be a problem since they store certain resources there, not flags. And even if a laborer puts something strange in, the bankers will take it away. A conflict would be only in trading because custom9 is used as currency and merchants bring it to pay with. I use custom 6 and 7 to mark different trade goods because it doesn't need a separate flag. At least with gold or silver as primary resource it works fine. That's the reason gold and silver are separate. To put them together only makes the counter useless and doesn't bring any advantage in this trading system. But everything can be improved and it would be nice to make a flag free there for something else.

huyle

any chance that you can make a walkable stuff below the ground?

oldgraywolf

Well, DS, you do great work and I love your ideas and mods, so anything to keep you going and making this game as fun and challenging as it is. Keep up the great work and hopefully RL wont stop or hold you back.  :)
I never lose. I either win or I learn.

Goblin Girl

I like the idea of a unified mod of your stuff.  I've been playing with megamod, but I can also see the allure of playing with a single themed mod, such as RK Ed or The North, because it creates a distinct flavor for the game.

RedKetchup

Hey @Discrepancy   ;D

i am wondering if .... with all your knowledge in UI you've got since a year....
do you still think a partial clone of TP UI still cant be made ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

What do you want it to do?

Not include the tradeboat?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on June 20, 2018, 12:11:58 AM
What do you want it to do?

Not include the tradeboat?

yeah without all the trade boat parts and tabs :)

Discrepancy

... yes and no.

I can't get it much different than yourself with your warehouse mod.

I can make it so the trader boat never appears by simply omitting the ComponentDescription _riverBoat within the template code of TradeDescription, also remove the sickness code.

now if we want to keep the desired product spinner we need the ObjectType _type = TradeUI within the template file UI ( I tried many times, hoping, but StorageUI does not work ).

and in the dialog/trade.rsc file you create you still need to include the whole UI... I'm not sure why, but it will crash, I'm guessing the hidden code we can't see is making another link between TradeUI and the dialog file.
So we are left with simply hiding the tab buttons we don't want:

ButtonDescription buttonInventory : "StandardDialog.rsc:buttonTab" { ElementDescription _content = "labelInventory"; }
ButtonDescription buttonPurchase : "StandardDialog.rsc:buttonTab" { Flags _flags = Hidden; ElementDescription _content = "labelPurchase"; }
ButtonDescription buttonTrades : "StandardDialog.rsc:buttonTab" { Flags _flags = Hidden; ElementDescription _content = "labelTrades"; }
ButtonDescription buttonOrder : "StandardDialog.rsc:buttonTab" { Flags _flags = Hidden; ElementDescription _content = "labelOrder"; }

there is another part...

it is possible to have laborers add products to the storage...
include the code for storagelocation - place in template file resource list above trade:

ComponentDescription resource
{
UpdatePriority _updatePriority = Fourth;
Description _descriptions
[
"ui",

"map",
"zone",
"toolbar",
"createplaced",
"decal",
"model",
"picking",
"highlight",
"interact",
"storage",
"work",
"statusicon",
"ambientemitter",
"Common.rsc:fireWoodBuilding",
"particle",

"statemachine",
"cleararea",
"build",
"workplace",
"destroy",
"storagelocation",
"trade",
]
}

StorageLocationDescription storagelocation { }

But they won't care for the limits placed within the UI and will add any resource to it regardless, as long as the storage flag is included within the StorageDescription code.
If a worker is employed also, they will still remove unwanted items and fill with wanted items.

Also, you cannot alter what the UI will show in the inventory, it will display all resources visible to the player :( this is disappointing as it makes the limiting of resources to the building not very pleasant as the UI will not match and show items that the building cannot store.

RedKetchup

i know the hidden flag trick. but if you would start from scratch, not basing yourself on the TP UI ?
like calling a tab, set the size of the tab, add a border all around, and then ... start to add the elements one by one or call a list ...

i know the TP UI is tightly made with the boat cannot be dissociated... but i was just wondering if a new full UI can be made from scratch.
like the way you added all those beautiful new "info" tab :)

it was just a question btw, not asking to do it, just knowing if something like this can be made :P

rkelly17

Quote from: Discrepancy on June 20, 2018, 02:23:56 AM
also remove the sickness code.

Wait a minute! You can remove the sickness code from trading posts? Does this mean you could also remove the sickness code from nomad attracting buildings? [emoji of a devilish grin]

schueler

I found a bit of an odd bug in your celtic campfire mod:

The cook runs back in forth in case i try to make a vegetable soup from onions+roots+mushrooms+firewood.
The venison stew recipe works fine so,and so does some other veggie soup. So it cannot be a storage/flag problem?

EDIT: Merely required a higher storage override. Now it can cook the stew. :)

schueler

@Discrepancy

Another odd bug - upgrading from the small leather tent to the warm leather tent crashes my game - erratically. Once in a while the leather tent gets built.
I deactivated all other mods, re-installed banished, re-downloaded your pkm, checked the registry entries for activated mods... still, same result. Quite unexpected behavior.

Of course, the bug can be easily circumvented but I do still wonder...