News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Cosacks semi-retired

Started by Bobbi, October 18, 2014, 03:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

slink

I just checked in my game and the seedlings are linked to the logs.  I am using the latest version from the download section of this forum.

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: irrelevant on November 02, 2014, 04:28:41 PM
@Denis de la Rive  beautiful plaza!

Thanks, more of a funerary complex, its hard to see the details, but the culture developed over two or three villages: each of the element has a meaning, but I've lost that town, so can't update with better shots, and moved away from that culture, if you are interested I can detail the religious meaning.  I find having a culture in my villages can inspire how you develop it.

Quote from: slink on November 02, 2014, 05:18:26 PM
I just checked in my game and the seedlings are linked to the logs.  I am using the latest version from the download section of this forum.

Sorry I was not clear in my post, the image shows a forester and a greenhouse, indeed the limit is linked to logs, (the textile mention is a mistake that slipped by someone at some point to end up in the stand alone version), but strangely it only counts logs not seedlings, I had a limit of 2000 for logs, and production of both stopped when that was reached in logs, I also had like 120 seedlings. Just an other one of those X-files.  ;)

RedKetchup

seedling is seedlings limit , but it doesnt work and we cannot start a new limit. so the game links it to logs.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 03, 2014, 12:41:47 AM
seedling is seedlings limit , but it doesnt work and we cannot start a new limit. so the game links it to logs.

@RedKetchup  and I have had this conversation before on the Decorative Items thread. I noticed this awhile back, but in the end it isn't a major problem as the foresters keep on cutting until their own limit is reached totally apart from what the nurserymen are doing. Just don't try to lower the seedling limit as that will also lower the log limit. Set the log limit based on how many logs you want and ignore the seedling limit. My impression is that the nurserymen ignore their max anyway (I could be wrong). Makes seedlings a cheap and plentiful trade item for you to sell.

RedKetchup

the very first thing i was doing when i was playing : put on pause and put ALL the limits to 99999999. i never understood the idea to limit the forester production. wood is wood, and wood is always good for stocking,one day or another, we all need it.

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 03, 2014, 12:22:23 PM
the very first thing i was doing when i was playing : put on pause and put ALL the limits to 99999999. i never understood the idea to limit the forester production. wood is wood, and wood is always good for stocking,one day or another, we all need it.

Yeah, you are probably right. I use max settings to remind me to build enough storage yards and barns, so having to change the limits serves a purpose. I'm very forgetful.  ::)

And I can't multitask.

Mahnogard

Quote from: rkelly17 on November 03, 2014, 12:25:29 PM
Yeah, you are probably right. I use max settings to remind me to build enough storage yards and barns, so having to change the limits serves a purpose.

Same here. Also, the low resources warning is percentage based and I like keeping it relevant enough to be useful but not annoying.

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: rkelly17 on November 03, 2014, 12:25:29 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on November 03, 2014, 12:22:23 PM

Yeah, you are probably right. I use max settings to remind me to build enough storage yards and barns, so having to change the limits serves a purpose. I'm very forgetful.  ::)

And I can't multitask.

I just add a zero to all the limits and work from there, the only one I need to change often is for food, sometimes as hight as 250K, but I rarely stop production when a limit is reached, its meant to help you manage production by telling you what you have a lot of, can be useful if your population is low and you need to micromanage jobs.  ;)

slink

I've made a little progress on the 2-lane stone bridge.  It requires some true graphics work now, not just scaling and deleting, although there is some deletion left to do.  Because of how the ends are generated, there cannot be a railing on the outside.  The ends are made from the same piece, just rotated.  That is why the bridge in the game has no railings on the ramp.  I need to remove the single remaining railing on the ramps, and that leaves holes in the model.   :o  ::)

But the bridge does work and people are actually walking on the surface and not scuba diving.

RedKetchup

nice work. i think you can take out that fence in middle of the end part. after if there is a hole, just edit the mesh, use vertex, select the little blue dots and drag them a bit more further, that will make it.

now we need paint :P to paint a double line in middle of the road, so they drive on the right side and dont make accident :P

slink

Here is a beta of the bridge.  It is rather thin stone, but somewhat improved over the picture above.   ::)

Mahnogard

Quote from: slink on November 03, 2014, 07:59:03 PM
Here is a beta of the bridge.  It is rather thin stone, but somewhat improved over the picture above.   ::)

Very nice! I was a little thrown off by the in-progress stages but it looked great when it was done. The builders walk under water to get to the other side while building it, which amused me. Then I realized I used all my stone (fairly new town) and had to reload my previous save. :D

Crap, I should've taken a screenie of the finished bridge.

slink

I need to halve the amount of stone per bridge part, since it is half as wide as the original.  I ought also to to revamp the intermediate builds, but I may not.  They disappear anyway, when the building is done.

Mahnogard

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the intermediates too much. I can't speak for anyone else, but once things get going in a town, as long as I can see things are getting built, I don't pay that much attention to what it looks like at that stage. (Except for that very first build of a new and exciting item, of course.)