News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

where are the game files saved?

Started by CathyM, January 17, 2020, 07:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CathyM

Hi, all -
Sorry for another dumb question, but I'd like to remove a bunch of my old saved games, and doing it through the Load/save menu takes about 3-4 minutes per delete (!!), so is there a way to just delete the files from my Windows file menu? Or move them to another file folder? The problem is that I don't SEE those saved games anywhere! There are .sav files for several of my other GOG games, but nothing at all in Banished! The game is taking at least 8-9 minutes to load every time, and if getting rid of the older games would help, I'm all for it!
Any ideas where the program is saving my games? (Windows 10, I think; older desktop - 2012)
Thanks!

brads3

from the start menu open to user then documents then bsanished.

Glenn

Try

This PC > Documents > Banished > Save

CathyM

THANK YOU!
That was too easy! I kept looking under C:GOG Games/Banished...
Now - I'm gonna move a bunch to another place, to see if that blows up the game, and if not, if it makes the loading more quick - thanks again for the answer!!

Glenn

My pleasure,

It only takes a second to delete old saved games this way.

I haven't done this but I suspect you should be able to move a saved game into another separate folder then back into the game if and when you want.

Also, when you only have a few saved games in the banished folder deleting them in game is much faster -- the fewer the saves the faster the delete

cchaos

C:\Users\TheUsersName\Documents\Banished\Save
Replace TheUsersName with your user name

CathyM

It definitely seems to speed up the load and save time on the game, so I'm glad I could shift the old games into an archive folder... I've forgotten what half of them are anyway (I have a short attention span and bad memory.  :D )