News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod - Traders Complete Fix

Started by ShockPuppet, October 02, 2014, 09:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

good job :) excellent work !

so what you made different of the temporary boat fix i quickly did ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

ie .. let me know ..
There will be only one merchant who will bring everything .. and a lot more often?
how many times often?
and if I have 3 trading post what he does? whenever he lands from all three?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 02, 2014, 09:54:10 PM
good job :) excellent work !

so what you made different of the temporary boat fix i quickly did ?
@RedKetchup According to the description at http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/694-Traders-Complete-Fix-Kralyerg-ShockPuppet-Brockenspectre#description it sounds as if somehow they have added slots to the TP itself.

irrelevant

I have doubts about this mod. Based on the creators' description, the mod will give you a total of 11 different merchants, including multiple food and seed merchants. For me, this is no go; merchants are enough of a crap shoot with just 5 of them.

But let's say that I'm good with this. Is this mod even needed? The patch released today 1.04beta build 141003 supposedly addresses the TP issue.

And then there's @RedKetchup 's merchant boat crash fix.

I'm trying to decide what mods to use in my next town; up to now I haven't used any. What do I need here?

RedKetchup

i would say go without fix. and if really one day you crash as a boat dock to your tp ... then try a fix

the other mods, are up to you :)

of course all mine are fun :) ^^

Bobbi

I can tell you I tried the many boats mod, and it is driving me mad. Seems like every boat is a seed seller, might be nice if you are using the many seeds with no new graphics mod which to me seems pointless. Then there is a meat merchant, fruit merchant, etc. Never get resource or general and they are pretty much the ones I use most. I still dream of a mod where you can tell certain merchants never to come back, after you buy all the livestock and seeds you want.

RedKetchup

yeah , i wished too. the general is the only one i like

Pangaea

Quote from: Bobbi on October 05, 2014, 05:50:15 AM
I can tell you I tried the many boats mod, and it is driving me mad. Seems like every boat is a seed seller, might be nice if you are using the many seeds with no new graphics mod which to me seems pointless. Then there is a meat merchant, fruit merchant, etc. Never get resource or general and they are pretty much the ones I use most. I still dream of a mod where you can tell certain merchants never to come back, after you buy all the livestock and seeds you want.

Not tried this mod, but when reading the description, the stuff about higher frequency of seed merchants was a red flag. I have enough issues with them already, when the last thing I need is more seeds and livestock.

rkelly17

Quote from: Pangaea on October 05, 2014, 07:34:11 AM
Not tried this mod, but when reading the description, the stuff about higher frequency of seed merchants was a red flag. I have enough issues with them already, when the last thing I need is more seeds and livestock.

Right. What I'm looking for is the mod that convinces the seed and livestock merchants that once you have all the livestock and seeds they can really stop bring that stuff. Sort of an "I have all the seeds and animals, so livestock and seeds merchants stop coming" mod. Also a "I have all the seeds, so general goods merchant, please bring me more stone and iron" mod.  ;D My guess, though is that such is deep in code beyond modding reach.  :(

On the other hand, if one can add new merchants . . . .

RedKetchup

someone can add 5-6 general good merchants :D

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 05, 2014, 07:58:00 AM
someone can add 5-6 general good merchants :D

Then I would go for an "OMG, traders, we don't need wool, we need leather, so could you idiots please stop buying wool and focus on leather" mod.  ;D

slink

Ah, the infamous dBASE program:

.set bugs off
.do whatIwant

irrelevant

Pangaea

Quote from: slink on October 05, 2014, 10:34:44 AM
Ah, the infamous dBASE program:

.set bugs off
.do whatIwant

;D

Excellent!