News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Animal Spawn Rate

Started by smurphys7, November 15, 2019, 11:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurphys7

Does anyone have any data/information about the animal spawn rate?  Specifically, how it applies to map size.

I have a feeling, and just a feeling, that deer are more dense on a small map.  I don't have any data/testing to support this.  My suspicious is that perhaps the calculation was done incorrectly.

For example, using made up numbers, let's say the Small Map is 100x100 squares.  Then let's say Medium is 200x200 squares.  Medium maps spawn twice as many deer as small maps.  That's how it feels and that would be incorrect.  A 200x200 medium map is 4x bigger than a 100x100 small map.

I don't know how the game adjusts the spawn rate for small/medium/large maps.  I don't know if modders are able to adjust these numbers.  I may be completely wrong on this but it is just my feeling.  I haven't spawned maps, cut down all the trees and counted deer... yet.

Abandoned

I have a mod called Hunting Season v3 by Tequilo.  It increases herd size, longevity, and harvest frequency.  I would have gotten it from either BanishedInfo or Black Liquid site but after quick look I don't find it on either.  Modders must be able to adjust  :-\ Not sure.

RedKetchup

bah the game has only deers. here the 2 files that control those:

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Kristahfer