Main Menu

Kid - Forest Outpost V2 fixed

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 05:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Forest Outpost V2 fixed

"Buildings for a small forest settlement. Banished 1.0.7"

A fix for workshop uploaded.

There is an interference on the walls of the log buildings.
It is visible in sunlight. It has to do with AO-mapping,
it is nothing I know how to fix.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=202

QueryEverything

Hiya @kid1293 :)
Just doing a run through today and realised that the Workshop only has iron tools & leather clothing, I know this is by design. :)

Is it possible though to add Wooden tools please?

I know the workshop is meant as a 'starter' for the outpost, but in maps where there is limited iron, Wooden Tools would be the 'starter' tools.  Please, may we have both? 

@kralyerg has a mod that allows some workshops to make a diverse range of tools, however the mod doesn't affect yours, and my starter outposts are running out of tools.   I have Blacksmith Tools listed higher than Forest Outpost, but due to it's coding, it won't affect Forest Outpost (as designed). 
As an interesting note - your Workplace 1.4 is affected by the override (please don't change it now I've told you ;) )  I'm not sure what the difference in coding is that WP1.4 is affected, but FO isn't. ... 

Thank you in advance for your consideration. :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

I can add Wooden and Stone tools if you want.

...calculating costs... three smileys and a thank you.

tanypredator

kid1293, if you are going to update Forest Outpost, could you please add Bartender's annual vegs to gatherer and herbs to herbalist? As for me, the gatherer yield is more than enough already and I usually gather herbs with manual tools (and that is rarely), but just for accuracy, and if you like Bartender's mod :D

And yes, always thank you very much for this mod, especially small gatherer and forester are a must have and beautiful :)

QueryEverything

Thank you very much @kid1293 (1:  :)  2:  :)  3:  :) ) + bonus :D :D :D

Thank you :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

@tanypredator - Yes, I update all I have with new name (added Kid...)
check all flags and limits and if I am able to, add AO maps.

I check the forum and add things, so yes I can contact @Bartender .
I guess I want to go with the light version to be as compatible as possible.
I don't want to add anything that needs the 'NaturalResourceTree.rsc'.
But do his annual vegetables need special gathering?

...and @QueryEverything - You're welcome! Wood and Stone.
But you have to wait. I'm not releasing now.

QueryEverything

Thank you, no rush on it.  It was a 'stumble across' situation.  It's not a bug, so I'm happy to wait :D

tanypredator

Quote from: kid1293 on April 22, 2017, 05:01:49 AM
I don't want to add anything that needs the 'NaturalResourceTree.rsc'.
But do his annual vegetables need special gathering?

NaturalResourceTree.rsc would not be necessary, as far, as I can see. I made my New Flora manual gathering tool to gather these new plants by use of template and model files only (I'm working on this and some other updates to my mod). But special gathering is needed, because there are new template files, so they must be mentioned in gatherer template (actually, I still hadn't test it for sure, I'm testing just now).

kid1293

@tanypredator
I have added Wild Oats, Wild Roses and Wild Bees to my Forest Outpost gatherer.
Works nicely! Waiting for Bartender to respond.

My workshop now can make Linen Clothes if I have (wild) Flax.
I also added Wooden and Stone tools (same as NMT) to the workshop.

tanypredator

kid1293

I feel there can be something more in this mod.
Please tell me if anyone got an idea.

Abandoned

wow, @kid1293 nice improvements.  :)  How about a small matching fishing pier?  Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Edit, how about a small emergency clinic hospital for a few patients ? that would come in handy for small starting forest settlement.

brads3

i would think the gatherer would work and gather BARTENDERS plants. i thought his mod just changed the look of vanilla plants and added the thatch. NECORA,however did add many new items. i am not a modder but if you add the new flags to the barn will it store all the new stuff or does it have to be individuallly added? like the pine boughs or lumber? can you just add "construction" flag or do you have to be more specific and tell the barn to store lumber? i was using this barn for most of the forest areas. after a while i would add a hunting lodge market i found.lately i have used the pine set storage a shed and the material storage so i know it has the new flags.

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on April 22, 2017, 08:42:36 AMPlease tell me if anyone got an idea.

I've always wished for another house in this set... same size, but some different material(s)... just for variety  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

tanypredator

Quote from: kid1293 on April 22, 2017, 08:42:36 AM
I feel there can be something more in this mod.
Please tell me if anyone got an idea.

Bath house? :)