News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Herbalist - problem .

Started by ziejek, August 19, 2014, 04:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziejek

Hey guys

I have one problem in my latest town with herbalist . For few first years i was building them and use it constatly . But after few years of expanding i destroyed them cause i need more space for fields . The production of herbalist fo last years was poor and i start to buying herbs through trade post . When i destroy last herbalist , people sop to consume herbs and their health was dropping down . People dont get any herbs despite 10k in markets storage .
Are they use herbs only from herbalist ? Is there option to force them to get herbs from markets ?

Btw. I was thinking about 5k population challenge but my notebook have problems with more than 2k population :P

salamander

If I understand what you're saying, even though you have herbs in the market, you have no herbalist buildings.  In order for folks to use herbs to increase/maintain health, you have to have an herbalist hut with at least one herbalist assigned.  Folks take the herbs they pick up at the market to the hut where the herbs are used by the herbalist.  No self-medicating in Banished.

PS -- Welcome to World of Banished.  ;)

ziejek

Yeah , you undestood well :)

I didn't get a screen but it was funny when i build one herbalist and whole city ( 1,5k people) immediately goes there . The line to get herbs was over half of map :) Unfortunately i didn't make any screens .It couse a lot of economics problem , whole goods production was about 60% smaller than year before .

And what's about cementary ? It's useful for something ? I played from the game released and i didn't built it even once :)

RedKetchup

yeah @salamander is right, you absolutly need 1 herbalist hut with 1 worker in it so your folks can use their herb, they dont use it like a food, they need to infuse it, and only at the herbalist hut they can go do that. :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

salamander

Quote from: ziejek on August 19, 2014, 06:33:20 AM
Yeah , you undestood well :)

I didn't get a screen but it was funny when i build one herbalist and whole city ( 1,5k people) immediately goes there . The line to get herbs was over half of map :) Unfortunately i didn't make any screens .It couse a lot of economics problem , whole goods production was about 60% smaller than year before .

And what's about cementary ? It's useful for something ? I played from the game released and i didn't built it even once :)
If you have a population that doesn't have an herbalist, but would really like to, building a hut can lead to the waiting line you saw -- it's pretty funny to watch sometimes.  If you plan on stocking herbs in the markets and having an herbalist just for treating folks, but not for gathering the herbs (ie, you're trading for herbs), keeping the hut centrally located can really cut down on the amount of time folks take off from work (like minor things such as feeding the rest of town) to seek the herbalist's wonderful advice.

As far as cemeteries go, when someone dies, the rest of the family takes a real hit in their happiness level unless there is a free plot in a cemetery.  So, although there may be other effects of cemeteries that I'm not aware of, they definitely affect happiness in the population.

RedKetchup

then you need alot of taverns so they can go get drunk every night :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

Here is my screenshot of an herbalist who just opened shop when there had been none up until then.

Bobbi

That really cracks me up. You think they smoke it?

rkelly17

Quote from: Bobbi on August 19, 2014, 08:09:49 PM
That really cracks me up. You think they smoke it?

The scenery does look a lot like Colorado.