News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES: Vicks #6

Started by brads3, November 13, 2017, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Kid, what did you fix?  It sounds like I would like that.

kid1293

Brads told me about problem storing things with new flags.
In it self no big deal but the vendors took things one part
of the code told them to get - but could not deliver it to store
(the other part of code) so they were running here and there
with arms full.

I removed all new flags and cleaned out a few more.

Now the store will only want - Food (Edible), Firewood (WoodFuel), Tools (Tool), Clothes (Clothing) and Herbs (Health).
No messing around with other things.

:)

galensgranny

That sounds good.  So it's the Colonial Modular Resources.  Too bad you are having problems uploading it here.

brads3

YEAR 30

YES,IT IS TIME TO WRITE A REPORT FOR THE QUEEN ON OUR PROGRESS.good thing the canlde maker has been busy,as it is still dark on this side of the ocean.with our food reserve so low, someone must keep watch at night to keep rats from our barns.
      some may find the mod order to be chaotic and the glitches to be frustrating problems.it has had challenges but each map has functioned and been an adventure.the mod order is more picky since the upgrade to 1.07.some are just goofy and some actually might help more than work against us.over time i have solved most of the glitches.having more tools and toys to play with is fun though.

population 261 total, 123 adults,48 students,and 90 children.52 houses + 2 boardinghouses.our food reserve is really low but reccovering.education is at 50%.
       over the 10 years,we have added to the mining and production areas. we did manage to extend the main east to west road across the stream and started working the forests.we have pelt and survival coats being produced.we mine coal and salt as well as dig sand.more vendors move goods and many more cellars and barns have been built.
        in 10 years,our population has doubled.our labor force has doubled as welll as our farmer count.our diet is more balanced now that we found and corrected the blueberry situation.the last set of nomads was late in arriving so we didn't get the boardinghouses emptied yet.
        a school is needed for the mining and forest families as well as a medical facility. to supply them with firewood a sawmill is also needed.with so many reeds,another dock workshop can be built to bundle them.then we can expand and continue processing materials for the future city.

i do think the storage system is working better.to the east there is a pine market that should handle all materials.a SLINK industrial market can store and move the stone,iron ore, and logs.the CC small market stores for the mining town and supplies them with food.in the production town,KID's office has 7 new item cellars to back up the industrial square which will move everything except new items.to back it up,  a farmers marrket stocks the area with food.going farther west is EB's wharehouse to pull the production goods toward the west for the city construction.a wildwest corner store nearby will keep food moving between the start point food production area and the east.with EB's material market now stocking logs,there should be firewood to supply the farmers.
      there are some crossover goods.items that flagging under the 1.06 way instead of the new flags.these items are being dropped by laborers into the 1.06 barns.some i understand. the compatability 1.07 mod bridges the change for the NMT items such as clay. however, the older barns are storing coal as well.iron ore should be a mineral and it is being stored everywhere also.there are now enopugh food barns this shouldn't be much of a problem.going forward, i will have to watch as more items are processed how they get stored.what did bother is the market carts storing more than are suppose to. the log cart wouldn/t move logs since it was full of coal. the stone cart has clay and stone. to prevent a tool shortage,i keep the start blacksmith set to stone tools and add blacksmiths to new areas.a rowhouse BS is making rough tools for the miners.a WW smith waits for iron to supply the production area.if iron gets over used and runs short,the stone BS makes up the difference to keep the farmers working.
       as i have reported several times, the storage is an ongoing learning.new market mods have helped. i have adjusted how or where some storage is used. KID's office with the CC cellers helps a lot to the industrial square.my idea of using 1.06 mods to stop some movement of itmes does seem to have some flaws.

pic 1: year 30 stats from the game start point.remember a city is planned to the west.
pic 2:production.food shows a +2000 for last year.
pic 3: inventory.note we have mostly rough tools now.clay,reeds and coal are stocked to be processed.
pic 4:food graph. note how it didn't have big dips in the eary years.the greenhouses allowed the bannies to even the production througout the year.you can also tell when the nomads arrived.

kid1293

@galensgranny  (and others) There is a note with a link to Nexus on
download page of Colonial Resources. I am sorry for inconvenience
but this site is very touchy sometimes.

Nilla

Finally some statistics! ;)

You complained, that you don't get any advice. Here are some.

You really have to work with your food supply. Like in most of your towns, at some point. I think you always have big plans for the development of your settlements and sometimes forget about the food. You feel safe, when the food graph looks like it has until a few years ago. But it isn't. I would change my basic way of play; and generally increase the food production. To feel safe, I want one years consumption in my stores as minimum.

All these reeds: How can you use them? As I occasionally played CC, I found all possibilities, except survival coats (mainly for export) was a waste of labor work; very unproductive. Is there anything new? I also see that you almost have more herbs than food!  :o I would sell most of it for food.

brads3

@kid1293 i downloaded the colonial resource and got loaded it.i did not rebuild the provision store but did swap the mod.since mine didn't have KID in front of it i wasn't sure it would work. it did take it and loaded the store even after removing the old file.however it did not fix the issue.still looping with coal,iron ore,and stone.

brads3

NILLA,behave.LOL. my food was doing better and i was increasing and adding fields.especially after i realized the blueberry issue.doubled the farmers in 10 years and the population both. should be enough to maintain.it is not working out that way though. the greenhouses do help produce food all year.you are right,it is much lower than i like it to be.by now i would like to be hitting near the 15,000 limit that was set from overproduicng them goofy blueberries.i  think i pushed the climate to a harder setting on this map.that might be throwing things off too.
     reeds can be used for survival coats or firewood bundles made at the dock workshop.the survival coats is a hadny way to use up feathers from the duck hunter so they don't fill barns.the bundles are handy to back up firewood and thatch.since i just lately got a forest and huhnter going,my leather wasn't keeping the tailor busy enough.we are storing furs later but now produce pelt and survival coats to keep ourselves warm.later we will trade the extra coats.
     i am experimenting and trying to control productions with the limits more.hopefully then it doesn't overproduce some items.the reed is under misc flag which is also RED's fodder mod. if i hit that limit with reeds,the fodder will stop,which will stop the stable from producing fertilizer.then those greenhouses won't produce food.to get ahead of it and use the reeds up faster,another shop and duckhunter are planned.
     trying to use the new limit flags to our advantage is ongoing.it is trial and erro to figure out what is under what limit.construction limit controls lumber but also stops the thatch.iron ore that i thought would store as mineral stores different.we learn as we go along.

kid1293

Quote from: brads3 on December 12, 2017, 07:28:04 AM
@kid1293 i downloaded the colonial resource and got loaded it.i did not rebuild the provision store but did swap the mod.since mine didn't have KID in front of it i wasn't sure it would work. it did take it and loaded the store even after removing the old file.however it did not fix the issue.still looping with coal,iron ore,and stone.

@brads3 - Flags can be tricky. I have the same name on model and in the code.
So the game thinks it is the same building, it keeps it's settings.
The only way is to demolish and rebuild and cross your fingers. :)

Gatherer

Quote from: kid1293 on December 12, 2017, 05:05:37 AM
@galensgranny  (and others) There is a note with a link to Nexus on
download page of Colonial Resources. I am sorry for inconvenience
but this site is very touchy sometimes.
How would one download without having to pay for membership there?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

it is free to register,GATHERER, you have to ignore all that and sscoll to the bottom of the membership page and just click continue.took me a minute to figure it out.don't click any of the pay memebership buttons.

kid1293

Hehe, @brads3 you beat me with 10 seconds to post this.

@Gatherer , and others.
You can open an free account on Nexus. Slower download (but fast enough)
Just supply your email. They won't spam you!
Nice to have a backup place for all my things.
I keep it updated.

brads3

YEAR 30-

i should send the queen a note about our new improved collection system.maybe others can help modify it farther.
it doesn't work on every building. my laborers have been taught well though. they now will collect eggs instead of just trashing birdnests.my foresters will check traps and bring back pelts. the gatheres now cross collect from various mods including the pine set.depending on the map start settings this means there would be thatch produced and collected from these forests also.we can't yet tell a bannie to do such and such but with this collection system players do have more control or influence.a bannie won't just crush bird eggs.the forester will take out foxes or beavers while cutting trees.
as i said it isn't 100% yet. the herbalist,fodder and thatch workers all don't collect the other goods.there is still food being left in our meadow fields.nobody there will harvest it. it would be interesting to see a merge of the canadian and nordic systems though.i am quite curious how the 2 will work together.

KID quickly fixed the provision market.the log cart vendor has been swapped to it and it is noted that it will need to be rebuilt.
       to keep our education up,we need a school and with it a medical clinic and housing will be built.a sawmill across the stream will supply firewood.a duck blind and reed shop with a DS hovel are planned at the 4th meadow lake.
      before the queen even got our progress report,she has sent us 19 more nomads.our boardinghouses both still have bannies in them.these will have to be sent to farming.that will be 15 new farms.soon we will need a trading post to bring in livestock.we do have a housing shortage and our food will struggle.
     to help with our struggle a quick hunter is sent north near the greenhouses.a 2nd trout fisherman is added to the main river.2 large greenhouses are also planned to give fruit during the cold winters.we increase to 5 builders to speed things along.we add another worker to the stable to make sure we have enough fertilizer as well.we send 1 more worker to the gathering hut in the forest.
     even in CC harsh climate most fields are producing 500+ food. a couple are just under.not saying they did that every year as we have had some early snows. 1 set of greenhouse workers are counted as farmers.1 of which is growing herbs.he is switched to spices so the herb limit will allow more soap to be produced.the pumpkin greenhouse is producing half what the others are. soroughly 1000 food per year not being produced since the greenhouses are smaller than crop fields.over 10 years would show 10,000 food not stored ahead.that before the last set of nomads and now a new set has already arrived.
    though i tried several times,2 bannies did die from starvation.it is not my fault either.1 died right after carrying strawberries to a barn.the other 2 walked by the small market stocked with bison and squash both.all 3 were homeless sincce the boardinghouses are still full.immediately after the 3 homeless bannies died, a new bannie went homeless and showed to be starving.though a cabin was finished he died before he could move in.to add to this i have seen bannies go homeless right as houses were being completed.this has happened several times on this map.odd glitch connected to them kicking out teens now and then.

the pine market vendor changes workers more than the other markets.however,the vendor does help stock builders with materials.market is ar 14% of an assortment of goods including 40 sorghum.he also has went to help stock the small market in the mining town.he seems to wait til the forest shed has 175 food stored to empty it.with the wheelbarrow mod he can carry that much.this extra help is similar to SLINK's industrial market. that vendor is known to come collect materials as the laborers clear land.the laborers i have seen leave piles of stone,etc just for him to pick up.

as snow falls,the 2 greenhouses are finished and set to watermelons.the duckblind,dockshop,and sawmill are by now working.the new school has 5 students.construction is caught up.noone remains homeless though our boardinghouses are full.our food is up over 4500.we did loose 4 bannies due to starvation.during the winter months,the laborers will continue to clear land for more crops.

pic 1 and 2 the collections ability from the pine mod.it works for the vanilla gatherer,and CC forester.i don't have enough built yet to show.you can see the un-collected food plants mixed in the thatch.

pic 3:pine hospital,school,and a sawmill.
pic 4: duck blind and dock shop
pic 5: 7x7 watermelon greenhouses.

brads3

YEAR 31

WHILE the workers continue to clear fields,the builders are busy adding houses,a barn,and a grain silo.by late spring,5 more fields,2 oat and 3 wheat,are planted.a water tower will help insure we have enough to keep the greenhouses supplied.

each year i have tried to take time to follow a different vendor.the industrial plaza vendor stores a mix batch of good.he should be 1.06 only goods but it storing salt,limit flag mineral.he travels out quite a ways but stays busy keeping logs up for the production area's woodcutter.the farmers market nearby is storing everything except food.seems he is trying to stock so many different items that he never has time to find and stock food.he has fodder and fertilizer,tagged misc,and thatch,flagged construction,and candles,flagged craft.the CC small markets seems to act the same as he doesn't have food either. this has caused the death of another bannie to starvation.

we are going to have a very long hard winter.snow and cold came before mid autumn.most of our crops including the orchards have been hurt.all housing construction is stopped.the workers are sent to gather as much food as they can from the west forest.a potatoe field has been cleared for next spring and more are planned.the weather was so bad we never saw a fall harvest.the bannies felt the cold north wind and pulled food to their houses as fast as it was collected by the famrers.the food count in storage never went up more than 2500 with all the harvesting.

pic 1:more wheat fields
pic 2: grain silo
pic 3: water tower  how much is this suppose to produce each year? i keep thinking it should be 4-500.
pic 4: housing and more storage built

brads3

YEAR 32

we have had some bad luck. i did go back and look at some things.in year 20,i noticed the blueberry issue.at the time we had over 13,000 food and only 130 bannies.a good year supply.i switched 1 field from blueberry and began ading fields to keep our diets balanced.added 2 to 3 fields each year for several years.to further fix the issue,the pilgrims rest was built to use the excess blueberries.now and then to help push the leather up,a quick hunter was sent out.we were doing alright. the next set of nomads came and several were used to boost our clothing outputs,a duck hunter,reeds,and a survival coat shop were built.we added vendors to move food out of the barns to give the farmers more storage.since the bannies were efficiently clearing with 15 workers and 3 builders,extras were again sent to help with food.as we cleared land east,in winter we dropped back to clear land for farmers to keep them close to their fields.
   in year 27, a large group of nomads arrived with a diptheria oitbreak. between them coming late in the year and the outbreak work went slower than hoped.as we began to recover our food and before the boardinghouses were empty the next large set of nomads came.since then winter has came earlier and cost us as well.
     the shortage has several causes. the harsher climate is having a bigger impact on some crops.different crops are hit lots harder than others.some greenhouse workers are set as farmers,so i need to adjust my math.

we added 3 more fields by mid spring.we now have 46 farmers.a new NMT barn is built near the grain silo. when they are not clearing fields, the workers continue gathering food  between the fields and the production village.
    to help the dock shop use reeds,a firewood shed was built for faster storage.to help with our food problem,i double all workers at the orhards,we will begin to build houses closer for the farmers.another worker was sent to work at the hunting cabin.hopefully this should speed up harvests.

i did monitor the farmers stand vendor. he does a good job of moving firewood out to the small market and then helps take tools back.his biggest hang up is he stores soo any items and not enough food.he did seem to focus on keeping logs handy for the woodcutter.with so many items now,i think it will take 2 vendors at some of the markets to keep up.none of the vendors are really just taking items from the closest barn or storage place.i have yet to figure out why or when they decide to pull from where.

pic: more veggy fields,barn,and housing planned.