News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Is this a Mod-Problem?

Started by Serarya, July 01, 2016, 06:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serarya

Hi there,

I like Banished very much and I decided to add some Mods to increase my gameing experience.

I decided for following Mods (Core means I don't want to miss this mods):

Steam Workshop:
Building Example I like building at least one of this building. Would prefere not to uninstall it
Better Rain sound Also not realy needed, the old sound is ok. Can be uninstalled if needed
German translation Not realy needed, but I like to play in german. Can be uninstalled if needed
one year is one year This mod is awesome. I never want to uninstall it
Unlimited quarries and mines I HATE those unused dead buildings on the map. Core
Specialized Stockpiles core, don't want to uninstall it
Grass Guardian yes, I like this Mod. Its core

Manual:
Decorative Items Pack v 1.3 Core, I like this mod too much to uninstall it.
Pangaea's Root Cellars v 1.0 No priority, can be uninstalled if here is a problem
Beautiful World v2.1.1 (the non Colonial Charter Version) this mod is beautiful, but can also be uninstalled if neccesary
Stepping Fields v1.0 not activated - I will only use that if I problems with trees on mountains occur.

After installing every mod I activated everything (except Stepping Fields v1.0).

The first problem that occurs is that my childs won't attend to go to school. Even I did build a school and there is a teacher,, the first child don't go to school. I restarted the game: and now it works. Can anyone explain where this error comes from?

The second problem occured in the second game: When I start a game mith medium difficulty, I should have 10 adults and 10 childs. Instead I got 10 adults and 1 (yes: one) child. Does anyone know where THIS comes from?

The third problem I did recognize is, after I left the game back to the main menu and klicked on "mods", every mod seems to be deactivated.

I hate having errors - mybe someone can help me out.

Serarya

Ah and another one i did forget about: It seems like with activated mods my popoulation won't go sick. I mean its a part of the game and one mod seems to block it. Any hints?

kid1293

One thing you can do is:

Activate all the mods you want to play with.
Menu reloads.
Exit game (this saves configuration)
Start game again and all mods should be there

Now you can start to play and it should not be a problem
with saving and loading. (Third problem)

The first children problem I don't know

I know you can have 1-15 children when you start so the second problem is normal.

The forgotten problem :)
I don't know which mod blocks sickness. You have many mods I don't use.

Maybe it helps.

Gordon Dry

Steam?

First I suggest NEVER to install Steam into C:\Program files, but to another partition (gaming partition). This is for all games.
Second set the game executable to administrative privileges. This is also for all games.

Edit:

I got no problems with this list of mods:
#######################################################
#    List of Banished mods sorted by load order       #
#                    created with                     #
#       'Create sorted list of Banished mods'         #
#                     release 6b                      #
#                    by Gordon Dry                    #
################### ugly simple soft ##################
#  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=790.0   #

debugging   -   -   -   -   -   -   MOD DISABLED
Deutschmod
HappinessRadius
UnhappinessRadius
MyPrecious
CategoryNames
CCNoSmoke
BlackLiquidRain
DSStorage
DSRoads
BasicClothes
TequilaMod
MWPlants
TentWithFire
NewFlora
banishedUI
warehouse
coalfurnace
ToolbarButtons
FCastle
gardenshed
nordichouses
HotCrops
StatuePlus
CallofNatureSoundtrack
ColonialCharterIcon
CCMineQuarryOverride
Radius
bigminimap
oneyearisoneyear
BlacksmithTools
FirebundlerFirewood
betterharvesting
GrassyRoads
wintinAudioTweak
vBetterRainSound
JapaneseFacilities
Covering
ForestOutpost
marketpuzzle
rowhouse
elfStorageCarts
ebbarn
SJGL_Small_Markets
ebfarmstand
EBFarmhouses
wintinCoastalhouse
littlehouse
zSoapiary
coldrealism
IdleCamellia
IdleJatrophaIntegerrima
IdleRose
IdleViolet
HorsesForTrade
TradersAcceptAll
CastleSlightlyRidiculousStorage
SlightlyRidiculousStorage
MagazineMaterials
BakeryPlus
MiniBuildings
big_rings
TreeGrowth
elfSmallerVendors
extleather
InedibleCoffeeBeans
InedibleGrapes
InedibleOlives
InedibleVegetableOil
InedibleSoybeans
InedibleSugarBeets
InedibleSunflowers
InedibleChicken
InedibleBeef
InedibleBisonMeat
InedibleCharki
InedibleCheval
InedibleDuckMeat
InedibleFish
InedibleMutton
InediblePork
InedibleVenison
InedibleBarley
InedibleCanola
InedibleCorn
InedibleOats
InedibleRice
InedibleRye
InedibleSorghum
InedibleWheat
InedibleButter
InedibleCheese
InedibleMilk
BusyPastures
LegalizedMarijuana
TownArrivalNomads
ManyTownArrival
EasyMenus
ColonialCharterTFA
newmedievaltown
TropicalGreenhouse
Stable
RiceCrop
newmedievalCastle
FastFoodStand
SoupKitchen
GrowGinger
GrowRoots
FishFarmEdit
FishFarm
Cathedral

I should mention this is the initial list to start a new game to have them all sorted, I disable these ones that are to be disabled later, like inedible food mods...

brads3

1st question did u start a game,save it then add these mods?? if so u should restart entirely with the mods activated b4 starting a game. the 1 yr age mod affects school,so kids might go later than u expect.the other idea is after u load the map,click mods and which 1's are red?? the conflicting mods will b red.u can also those and it will give a list somewhat of why they conflict.  just cause they show red/conflict does not mean they wont work. and also depending on why u might want them a certain order. say u like 1 building over another u can flip the order. like the precious mine over CC, or NMT over CC,etc. u can try this for more info: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CzJtEasgVveFt_hRT9sZYWCFe1JTCqdzZX8YYohFDRY/edit?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1
or this http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/kralyergs-kave-of-krazy-kontraptions/2437-kave-master-list. welcmoe to the game,the god part is there are awesome modders still working to improve and add to it.

Serarya

Hey there,

after hours of testing I did finaly recognizw, that Beautiful World v2.1.1 is the problem. It seems like this mod in comnbination with another is changeing the starting population and the missing sickness. I don't know why - but deactivation was the only thing I could do...

Tom Sawyer

It would not be a Beautiful World with all the diseases. ;D

No, I do not think that this mod is the culprit. This mod changes the start conditions to add new trees, nothing else. The chance of disease is defined in the Citizen_citizen.crs. Look for a mod that has included this file. Or I'm wrong and there is another strange thing. Or it was all right with your diseases and you were just lucky...

Nilla

I think one explanation to some of your "problems " is the "Ramdom Factor".

The start: The difficult level sets how many adults you have from the start. How many children there are is totally random. I have seen 14 and 1. Everything is possible.

Sickness: If you are lucky you can play 40 years without sickness. Sometimes nomads are sick, but far from all.

To the specific problems with the mods I can't say much. But if you want to have trouble; load new mods/new versions of mods in an ongoing game.  ;)

Gordon Dry

Yes, it's random.

In my actual settlement I got over 100 years without any disease, then the flu came in with nomads (whose I denied btw, they just passed by my citizens) and nobody died.

I should mention that since year 10 the happiness and health was at maximum by a diverse diet and enough herbs, also several clinics, dentists and a bath house spread over the map.

In other games I got one disease after the other and always lost citizens.

Serarya

I do understand what you are trying to tell me - but i've tested it. With this mod activated there have always been 2 Childs. Always. Ive tested it in 12/12 game starts. And the Sickness I am talking about is not the real sickness - I was talking about the over-all health of citizens. Normaly it drops during gameplayin half-steps. With this mod activated the health bar is always up. I don't know why this occurs.

RedKetchup

probably some bugs and some special settings from this mod.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .