News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Beldingford

Started by brads3, March 21, 2019, 08:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

mods: 143,did upgrade the RK but tweaked it. i  loaded RED's no-fertilizer pastures.only the beef cattle should produce fertilizer.i added the radius recolor mod so i can see the forest circles better too.
        the indians were headed north last i saw them and they weren't singing christmas carols or "I love Lucy" either. no maple syrup,no turkeys,and now trappig was outlawed.LOL

RED asked why i did it? well,i am crazy.that is the easy answere. my objective isn't to break a mod but to enhance them. to take the best of several mods and put them together.  there are some ideas or concepts from various mods that i try to combine. not everything i attempt works the way i hope. there is such a give and take to this that i gain a point but give up too much. 

[Misc]
Description=RK 1.3 ,fert ilizer off|no pine mod ,no trapping,||.   
[Profile]
WheelbarrowBigger=1
DebugMenu=1
Radius=1
stopcoalburn=1
BlackLiquidRain=1
CCNoSmoke=1
ProperTime=1
Norseman=1
SafetyHole=1
Forgetaboutorchard=1
banishedUImaps=1
RKECtownhall=1
KidForestOutpostNatDiv=1
SeasonFX=1
MyPrecious=1
MaritimesCrystalCliffs=1
WoodButcher=1
KidGothicFarm=1
KidWestwardHoWagons=1
RKPigsLivestock=1
RKBisonLivestock=1
RKEditorChoiceEdition=1
KidGrowHuntFish=1
unlimited=1
OneStopAllMining=1
BlacksmithTools=1
MiniBuildings=1
LandscapeNordic (1)=1
CCFrontier=1
SmallTipi=1
EBSVProduction=1
EBSmallStorage=1
EBMarkets=1
EBMaterialsStore=1
EBFarmstand=1
EBStorageSet=1
EBSVBeach=1
EBSVBeachLarge=1
EBSVBeachDeco=1
EBSVDecoResort=1
EBSVRockQuarry=1
EBStatueTrapper=1
EBStatuesOfHonour=1
EBLeatherWorks=1
EBFarmHouse=1
EBFarmHouseA=1
EBIrrigation=1
EBIrrigationDecoAddon=1
EBIrrigationNatural=1
EBWinery=1
KidWorkPlaceVillage=1
ColonialHousing=1
KidColonialResource=1
NomadSignComplete=1
KidSomeBoats=1
KidBakeryGarden=1
KidGhostTownHouses=1
KidForestPonds=1
KidGHLightHouse=1
KidGhostTown=1
KidWildWest=1
KidGothicFantasy=1
KidGrannyPark=1
KidHouseBoat=1
KidLogDepot=1
KidMedievalGrace=1
KidOldTown=1
KidPlimothHarmonized=1
KidPlimothPlantation=1
KidStorageCrates=1
KidStorageCarts=1
KidTinySeparate=1
KidTwilightHerbs=1
KidVegetableGarden=1
KidWindSawmill=1
KidWoodenFort=1
KidOldTownPorts=1
KidYardCover=1
KidRowBusiness=1
KidRowHousing=1
BirchBarkCanoe=1
KidBodiamCastle=1
LargePort=1
MarketBBQ=1
MarketSoup=1
marketpuzzle=1
WashingMod=1
DecoPlants=1
Ketchup=1
ChooChoo=1
library=1
college=1
PlymouthHouse=1
OldHunterHut=1
CityRoads=1
TrainingCampMain=1
TrainingCampDeco=1
Charburner=1
BradsSmokingShed=1
Izba=1
FlyFishing=1
Hunting=1
NordicLogCabin=1
nordichouses=1
NordicSchool=1
NordicTannery=1
NordicHuntingCabin=1
DairyHut=1
Campfire=1
SmallWindmill=1
NordicWarehouse=1
RedCottage=1
TjurkoMill=1
CityButcher=1
DSFuelMarket=1
DSBlastFurnaceAdv=1
DSBridgeCrossing=1
DSStoneHovels=1
NewEngland=1
fountainlite=1
GrassyRoads=1
FruitVegBarn=1
NewTrees=1
GrowRoots=1
zSoapiary=1
StorageShed=1
SpecializedStorage=1
SJGL_Small_Markets=1
zMash=1
WaterAndOtherDecorations=1
LivestockForTrade=1
MarbleQuarry=1
Stable=1
Terraform=1
CCDocks=1
MaritimesRiffle=1
NECEmptySquare=1
MaritimesStorage=1
MaritimesSherbrooke=1
DungPile=1
KidMist=1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beldingford,3778629,woodland meadow valley,very large,north mild,medium start   pumpkin,cabbage,and chesnuts

GOAL:  build a castle with a wide moat.

knowing we will need lots of stone,a base village is set up near a mountain.a guard bridge gives us access across the river to the north.to conserve stone,we use wood tools.the builder works thru winter but there is still 1 house to be finished.

in year 2 ,a multi quarry is dug. this will supply stone. a 10% nomad welcome sign is set near the hall of records.a market and another storage barn were also built.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: guard bridge
pic 3: start village
pic 4: random quarry

Nilla

brads3

YEAR 3-4

a bear killed our hunter.must be he woke up too early, it was still winter.

knowing we will need housing for quarry workers,land is cleared to the west.tools are increaseto 150 since the wood tools will wear out and break faster. 1 couple did show up to help us.a school and cemetary were completed.

another couple arrived in year 4.another field is cleared.to support more workers we will need to increase food.with a warm summer,we had very good food production.a herd of bison waundered near the north quick hunter also.

pic 1: gothic school and town market
pic 2:  random quarry and cemetary

galensgranny

Those bears are big trouble!  Did the game really say the hunter was killed by a bear?
I am glad you posted the picture of the guard bridge.  I really like it and need it for my town.  I checked the forum and see it is from DS Bridge Crossing.  I have that, but maybe I never updated it to get that guard tower bridge.
Quoteto take the best of several mods and put them together.  there are some ideas or concepts from various mods that i try to combine. not everything i attempt works the way i hope.
That is how I do it too.  :)

brads3

yes it did say he died from a bear.DS has several bridges in that set.did you see the map where i put the bridge sideways as a guard gate?

brads3

YEAR 5-6

on a good year,the chesnut grove produces just over 200 on a 8x10 plot.even with the harsher climate, that seems low. otherwise the crops are doing as expected.

a lot of land needs cleared to the east.whenever the bannies have time, they work to haul rocks out and clear a workpile.the builder has a road part way out through the thick trees.

these winters are so cold the bannies don't like to do much over the winters.they have to wait til mid spring to start construction or clearing projects,to make sure the farmers start planting.a hunter and vendor are micro managed as well as the woodcutter.

a couple with a small child arrive. they begin work on a new tree forest close to the south lake.we won't need the logs for a while but do need to gather more fruit.a tower is built on the lake shore to keep lookout and hunt.

pic 1:yr 5 production
pic 2: east land clearing
pic 3: new tree gatherer and hunt tower

brads3

YEAR 7-8

the nomad family that arrives in summer will build a house to the south.1 will work the new tree forest.while he works to plant trees he will clear rocks so more food can grow.the trees will grow while we clear the east.by then we will need more logs and firewood.

DON asked about markets.one thing i try to do is split laborers out from the town center. these guys work to move goods. since we know the bannies are famous for scattering items all over the maps in different barns,i try to use that to an advantage.the theory is building an extra house here and there,laborers will move in and drop goods off as they travel home.a forest might need 3-4 workers,but i will build 3 houses.the extra couple will be laborers and carry goods back and forth.fruit and meat out to town and tools and firewood back to the forest storage.on this map, a pair was sent north across the bridge. 1 hunted when animals came by.together they gathered firewod and food.the quick hunter wasn't used all the time.

the village market makes a nice place that the bannies would hang out and visit at,though the bannies don't actually use it that way. it also keeps fruit and meat moving out of the small shed in the north.the vendor only works off and on to keep the barns from filling.KID's markets are really good at storing basic items that the bannies need.some will store logs and textiles more than others.EB has markets that store more flags.so depending on what production buildings are being built,the markets will vary.

there are 4 workpiles.1 to the north, 1 to the east,and 1 for the stone quarry.mainly so the bannies could clear land faster.since i no longer have the pine mod shed,KID's workplace carts store stuff in the forest.RED's small shed that he made a long time back is a general store all.it is a neat little shed for workplaces or houses.

with the new flags it does take a variety of storages. a mixture of those that store basic items and some that store the new flagged items.with my mod setup,a lot of itmes are still under the old flag system.many of the precious minerals are under the old textile flag. because of that,SLINK's  markets will store a huge variety of goods.   

NILLA will say i am crazy but RED's animals spook more than KID's bison.i tried to send a hunter after elk,they ran away.i don't want to over hunt the bison.they stay around the clearing north of the bridge thou.we have enough meat and the tower will supply leather.

i got lucky. the family of nomads has an older daughter.the 3 can work that quarry. i wanted 5 workers but 3 will get it started.there is plenty of food and logs.hopefully this will give us a trade good and improve our tools.since KID took away 1 set of worker rowhouses, the quarry workers will use DS hovels.these won't burn thatch. the thatch roofs wil match with the farm houses.

pic 1:KID bison
pic 2:trees cleared for the castle
pic 3:DS hovel

brads3

YEAR 9-10

the castle will take over a 50x50 square area.so far we have cleared some stone and a lot of the trees.there is much more to clear before we can start digging.we marked 60 square for tree clearing.it is a huge project.for now we have a well established village.  logs and stone are being stored. we have oat,fruit,fish,and the veggy crops.hunting should keep up with hide coats.as more nomads arrive,we'd like to add a trade post.i figure it will take about 5years to dig the wide moat,not counting construction.the moat will be 15 tiles wide.so bout 10years to build this castle.the bannies work to clear so i can see to start laying this out.before they start digging,i hope to increase to 10 laborers and 2 builders.

a couple with 2 young children arrives. 1 will work the quarry and the other increases the labor force.as more bannies graduate more houses are built.a field for cabbage is cleared north of the river.

the 5 nomads that arrive in year 10,will build a trade post.the quarry increases to 5 workers.the trade post will ship a variety of goods. coal,extra textiles,flowers,and various ores.

pic 1:forest outputs and storage
pic 2: north farm
pic 3:small TP and growing village

brads3

YEAR 10 REVIEW

population 58,13 houses.33% educated.a functioning forester and random quarry.basic needs taken care of. a decent variety of food. do need more grain.improved to rough iron ore tools.some surplus of mixed goods but not enough to trade for any seed.

i did try to keep the educated workers to the farms.  un-educated work the mine,forest,and as laborers. the wood cutter has to be mirco-managed to keep about 100 below the limit.this leaves space for thatch to be cleared.
        the bannies have cleared the trees for the castle.they started moving rocks.the TP will help move the flowers.a few bears had to be hunted out of the area.we are close to starting to dig the moat.since RED didnt make new water spaces,i have to be careful of where the castle sits.there is dark void at the edge of this lake. Necoras water tiles are a tad higher than banished water level,plus it is a noticable different texture.hopefully the plan goes well.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory

brads3

YEAR 11-12

the workers are sent to clear land for the castle. grass,flowers,and more rocks need to be removed.the trade post stocks of flowers and copper are increased.during the winter, the east pile had been emptied.clearing stops in late winter to give the bannies a rest before planting season.our food production is down and we need leather.

a second worker is sent to the gathering hut to increase fruit.another field is cleared in the north.KIDs new hunter gatherer mod's hunter cabin is built to hunt north of the river.we hold off on nomads another year.food production was so good this year that the limit had to be raised. a quick hunter has helped supply leather and the TP has brought in 3 fur coats and extra food.

not all the rocks and grass has been cleared to the east. even so, we should be able to start digging next year.

pic 1: north hunting cabin
pic 2 more clearing of the east

brads3

YEAR 13

i used the Debug mod to look at this castle a couple times.some see this as a cheat mod.however, it is a handy tool. the build with no cost option is useful to test mods. helpful to adjust mod orders or to figure out conflicts.there are tools with it to adjust starts such as giving you all the seeds,livestock,or increasing population.

here i used it to quick build some of this to see how it lines up.i didn't save the tests. the way the mounatins curve,the entire castle has to be moved east of center.the water line is tight to the edge of the shoreline. the shoreline curves just enough to the east that it would cause voids between the lake and moat.since we don't have matching water decor tiles,the best solutionis to move the castle out into the lake about 3 tiles.the bannies have to dig out the moat and use that dirt to extend the shoreline.there is a lot of digging to be done.with Necora's riffle mod,i should be able to build some nice sloping banks.the CC terraform mod allows for digging 1 and 2 tiles deep.however,it has to be done 1 square at a time.you can't drag it and dig out a 5x5 area all at once.that does make it tedious. the way it digs out,you do have to go back over the area before building on it.otherwise you will have tiles that aren't set to the depth.

i set the castle and a canal as a guide.the bannies can clear land as they extend the lake shore 4 tiles. once the bannies cleared and moved enough dirt to extend the shore,i had to shift everything back to the west .it is tight between these 2 mountains. to set the canal pieces,more ground had to be terraformed.the bannies will just dig it back out when they build the moat.the outer ring can be layed out and dug once the bannies finish clearing grass and rocks.the inner ring is just a guide for now.under the 2 paused inner canal pieces is water.they can be reomved later. it is marked and the water comes andf runs the right direction. it is so much easier to work with the land cleared and game paused.

6 nomads arrive.food production has increased so this group can stay.we need more stone workers.there are some mixed textiles  so another tailor is needed to make more clothes with the fur.we will also add an RK foundry to smelt iron.

pic 1: debug menu
pic 2: terraformed shoreline, too tight to the right so had to reset the construction.also there are voids under the banks.
pic 3 moat marked,the inner paused sections can be removed and should be water under them.they give a guide as to where this sets.
everything can be paused for now while the bannies clear more land.

pic 4:workplace tailor,note the mistake with the DS hovel.
pic 5: RK foundry

brads3

YEAR 14

food production has been so good we need more storage.several barns and carts will be built.the bannies cleared enough land to lay out more of the moat.when the bannies find time, they need to clear a holding pen,cut more trees,and haul more stone. as the builders begin digging next year,the laborers will collect stone and cut trees.

pic 1:more storage
pic 2 holding pen
pic 3:moat half layed out

brads3

YEAR 15

while the laborers work to collect more stone and logs,the 2 builders can start to dig the moat.on the gate side of the castle we need a bridge and plan to add a mill and tavern.the water comes in from the east. by narrowing the moat, there should be enough flow for the mill wheel.
           using the CC terraform mod,i have to digout for the mill.i tried to be careful and do this with the game paused. even so there is a space or 2 that hasn't been terraformed thou it looks like it was completely dug out.had to go back over the space with the 1 square dig tool.this is a guide to layout the front moat.with the canal piece marked,i made sure the tavern would fit between it and the castle.now i can go layout the rest of the canal and the builders will be busy digging.i should mention with this terraform tool,you layout a spot and then un-pause the game.with the ground already cleared,it only takes a second for the ground to drop down.so it is  lot of pause and un-pausing.

i had hoped the bannies had 500 when we started the construction.

pic 1:yr 15 production
pic 2: inventory and TP stokcs
pic 3: food graph
pic 4: mill dug out.
pic 5: check to see the tavern will fit between the castle wall and outer moat.
pic 6:outer canal layout,note water flows counter clockwise

Nilla

I´m looking forward to seeing how your canal world will look eventually.

brads3

it will look good.i did have some issues. the canal had to be reset for a 1 tile mistake. there is a lot of hand digginig to be able to build the inner half of the moat.wish we had a stretchable dig tool. we can stretch for flattening only digging has to be 1 tile at a time.