News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Zephormite: Endwellsworth

Started by Zephormite, July 08, 2014, 01:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephormite

I am going to attempt to blog my town here, after having played with a few towns, one having got to >600 population I am going to try and build this one up slowly and use my experience to do it.

Seed: 13, Valleys, Large, Fair, Off, Medium.

The town will start a bit close to a mountain onthe northern side, a small creek running NE-SW across the site, and the main river North-South to our West. North of the mountain is a very fertile valley stretching north to a pair of twin streams, this is likely to become my farming valley in the future.

For now we shall start with a Boarding House, Gathering Hut to the west, possibly two forest nodes (N & S) if I can manage it.

My Villagers

Rome M 13
Nanner F 15
Minniel M 12
Elin F 12
Garol M 18
Giovannis F 15
Delvilermo M 16
Beller F 16
Essica M 15
Hatti F 17

Kamilet F 9
Hayde M 1
Chaun M 2
Terrat F 5
Jakaylynn F 2
Tawandace F 0
Adelber M 1
Rowlandy M 4

I think Kamilet will end up uneducated, so I have a few years to get my school constructed, will start with the boarding house, and a south forest node and then where to go from there.

Zephormite

The set-up

You can see over to the West my starting Forest Node, Forester & Gathering Hut. Second Node will be to the north of this. Boarding House ready to be started, Market placed, and our first field ready to go.

Zephormite

Summer 1

So we have rolled into Summer of our first year, and managed to welcome three new children into the world: Lowells, Reddie & Durwarden. We have managed to complete the Boarding House and Gathering Hut, the addition of a field of corn should keep some food flowing in.

Currently there is some clearing going on around the centre of town, the construction of the Forester, and the beginning of the School House.

The placement of a few houses and Woodcutter can be seen in this screenshot as well.

RedKetchup

i want to say thanks you @Zephormite for this new blog and i wish you best of luck. May your city become prosperous and beautiful :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Zephormite

No Problem, I have always enjoyed writing about my games, so this should be fun.
Hopefully the name is a sign of the future  ;)

Zephormite

1st Year Completed

The rest of Summer saw another child born as Weave joined the village.

Autumn saw the completion of the School, our first student will be along shortly. We also got the Woodcutters up and running. (Screenshot 4)

In Winter we started on our Hunting Cabin, and completed a second crop field for more food, and a bridge over the stream to the south, this was purely a labourer bridge. The area around the village is a little short on stone so we will head south to collect that for now. (Screenshot 5)

Late Winter saw Terrat become our first student, and as such will be our first educated townsperson. The Hunters Lodge is getting built, and the Farmers are preparing their fields for the new sowing. (Screenshot 6)

One Year down, and we have moved from a population of 10/0/8 to 11/1/10 with our four new additions. Knowing that we only have 11 workers for the next few years means we need to focus on survival at this stage, so Food, Firewood being the most important needs. Expansion will come in the future.

Zephormite

Heading into the Third Year

The population increased by 1 during the year as Hann was born in Late Spring, now that we are settled and surviving we aim to build the population as I start building houses to get people out of the Boarding House, we currently have 7 students between the ages of 10 & 14, so these will soon start to become labourers and we can get them breeding.

We managed to plant a second field last spring, but the cabbage only brought in about 500 food, that was 300 less than the corn, so both fields will now make corn for the following season and see how that goes. Our woodcutter managed to get the stockpile up to 500, so I have stopped that production for now and he is back as a builder helping out.

Will look to build our houses now, and a Tailors so we don't run out of coats.

Zephormite

Year 10

My daughter distracted me earlier tonight and before I knew it was year 10, luckily I had stuff set to go. Does mean I am now racing to build houses to make sure my people don't all get past 40 and unable to make new citizens.

I have got plenty of firewood, clothes, tools, food. Struggling a little bit for stone, this could be an issue.

First screenshot shows the main town, square yet to be built as I am attempting to work on my houses getting built before I build the town hall, and decorate it.

Second picture shows the Southern Development, I have a row of farms down there, and some housing to be built. No real plans on building up right now, but just chasing the flat land, and a route towards the main river.

Third picture shows our Eastern extension. Going to be a massive farming development to the north of here, but for now just building the first major housing development at the edge of my marketplace.

RedKetchup

hehe a good while i didnt see.... raining lol. these graphic effects are OFF in my options :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Zephormite

First Death

In Winter of Year 11 we lost our first citizen as Delvillermo has passed away from old age, there is no cemetery, will have to fix that problem.

As you can see expansion is now slightly more rapid. The main town has a hall, and a full area, it will start to develop to the west now where the forest node has been removed, I have placed a trading Port and Fishing Dock over there.

The Eastern Development is complete, and the Southern Farming Community is looking good as well. You can see the new forest node in development to the North West as well.

irrelevant

Yeah, I turned the weather off too. Too much rain, very dreary.  ;)

rkelly17

@Zephormite, I like your work. I love these blogs to see how others build settlements. It gets me out of my habits into thinking about new ideas.

I often get caught by the first deaths. In Morita I got a cemetery built before the first old-age death (these usually come in years 9-11) but in another town I'm building I got caught when a boar trampled a hunter in year 5. That got me going and I was ready for a death in childbirth in year 8. I had been waiting to build a maximum size cemetery (20 wide by 19 high fits 144 graves, same as 20X20), but I'm finding that building a small one early helps get through the early deaths.

Zephormite

I didn't know I could turn it off...gone now :)

Thanks for the support guys, love being able to read about and see others progress as well. Just wish I had some skill at making things "pretty"

Zephormite

Summer 15

The village continues to grow, we accepted a small number of Nomads this year which has boosted our population, and worked to stop us running into population flatness which we were with a big gap between the two lots of older citizens and the ones born in Year 10.

As you can see from the screenshots expansion is going well, the main village has a square now, and a few more houses around, the hospital and chapel are ready to build (Hospital probably priority due to Nomads), in the Northern Forest node I have developed a good workload up there, producing enough for everyone, the Forester is next to be built. To the east we have a small farming village, this has a few labourers living here as they work to the north collecting Iron & stone which I have run out of. In the southern farmland we have seen the construction of a quarry to try and get some stone, small population is hurting at the moment. To the West I have added more farmland, and a Fishing dock & trading dock are now in place as well. First aim is to try and bring in some Stone & Iron because I am desperately short and need it to build the town up.

At this point I am planning on developing the area to the West of the main town first as I can really build that up, hopefully a second trade port and second fishery as well as the houseing and farms.

Zephormite

Year 25

Using a few nomads here and there to build the city up, stone is still our issue, though unbeknownst to me at this point I was about to fly into a starvation period, the village is building very well, but relying on Crops for food is causing us to run short in Summer at the moment, so I really need to get more stored in advance.

You can see in these first screenshots our new development building southward, our farming extension to the west, and the new quarries and mine.

Our Labourers are over the hill to the East stripping the land of everything they can. I am slowly building south through the market, and I now have a couple of sheep so a pasture or ten will sprout down even further south on the banks of the stream.