News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Pairing Up

Started by slink, May 21, 2014, 06:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

lots depends on the  age mod and if you have schools. without schools, the bannies will try to move out  a younger age but niot old enough to pair up. a 10-12 yr old can become a laborer and move out to make room for a new baby. this speeds the population growth but causes some singles in houses. in early game without a TH,you can open houses and look fopr females that are 16.at that age they will move and take a partner. sometimes you will get those that want to be single no matter what you do. you can build 4 types of houses and they are reluctant to move. females living alone are known to have babies also.

CathyM

I'm already doing that "just in time" building... for lack of resources, I don't build until I see a male and female at least 11 years old... but in this game, I swear there are at least 3 pairs of "eligible" couples - and still I'm getting mostly singles! I don't even know where these singles are coming from!! There have been no reported deaths, and it looks like most couples have stayed together... so where are these middle-aged singles coming from, if I'm building as house as soon as I see teens old enough? And it's still a small town (about 65) so I can count everyone...I'm very puzzled.  :(
But thanks for all the advice... I'll keep looking at the numbers and see if I can figure out... I half-wish the names were more sensible, so I could remember them (but OTOH, they are delightfully weird.  :) )