Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Upcoming City Building Games for 2019

Started by solarscreen, January 30, 2019, 11:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

Quote from: Tonje on February 08, 2019, 02:26:02 AM
RE:1

Oh, I used to LOVE Settlers. I don't remember if I had Settlers 1, 2 or 3. But I do remember you could play without any other team on the map (=no fighting). I loved to plan out the whole map. After my computer crashed and I got a new one I no longer were able to play the game.

I saw on Steam that they have a Settlers game for sale. But as I researched, and saw YouTube videos of peoples gameplay... I was soo disappointed. The game is nothing like the one I used to play.

Oh... can you tell me how you made @Tonje a clickable link? And tell me what it is for?
Also, how do you make a quote?
I tried it yesterday but nothing happened. That's why I write RE: instead.

EDIT: It seems that the link got made by itself. I just wrote @Tonje and it got automatic change. Strange. Lets try... @1 ............. hmm.......

yes,if you click the quote button without the reply window open,it does nothing.
clicking your name link brings up another window with information. it can be a handy tool for searches. it can tell when you were online last.sometimes players come and go without typing.

Tonje

Thank you all for helping me out here. You guys are amazing! @kid1293 @Hawk @RedKetchup @1 @brads3

Quote from: kid1293 on February 08, 2019, 02:40:56 AM
To quote
You reply to message then scroll back and click Insert Quote.
Only works from inside new message.

It seems that I have to use REPLY to to this. When I tried the Quick Reply it didn't work.

Note: When I wrote this post and clicked Preview none of the @Name links were activated.

kid1293

Tonje

@kid1293  Thank you for telling me.

I finally understood what @1 meant
QuoteI quess the reason for that function is, that when you login in, you get the message on your profile, @Tonje some have "mention" you, so that you see somebody wrote to you in topics. Thats why i use it.

Again, thank you all!

Hawk

Quote from: kid1293 on February 09, 2019, 05:02:20 AM
The links work. I got a notice.

As did I.  :D

When I click on the Quote button, I don't click on Reply. Just the Quote button. That automatically opens a reply window with the post I clicked the Quote button from already quoted in the reply window, like I did with quoting kid's post here.
Doing it like that will include the quote author, date and time.

How did you go it @Tonje in your reply #18?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Tonje

@Hawk
I did as @kid1293 said; I clicked Reply-button, scrolled up to his post, clicked the Quote-button (on HIS post). The text then appeared in the Reply window.
The way @RedKetchup explained using a neutral quote (no names) I already knew. Very neat.

If I remember correctly, on vBulletin forums you could use
[ quote=name] [ /quote]. Example: [ quote=Hawk]

to quote a specific person. Like:
Quote from: HawkHow did you go it @Tonje in your reply #18?
Here I manually copied a part of your text and pasted it inside the quote.

You can also quote a person outside WOB. Like:
Quote from: Elvis Presley who's not a member as far as I knowRock and roll music, if you like it, if you feel it, you can't help but move to it.
Note: The reason why I can't do it like you... is because I believe I have pop-ups disabled in my browser.

Hawk

Quote from: Tonje on February 09, 2019, 08:52:23 AM
Note: The reason why I can't do it like you... is because I believe I have pop-ups disabled in my browser.

So do I.
I block popups as well as most scripts. I use uBlock Origin and NoScript as well as blocking popups in the base browser settings (I use PaleMoon).

Weird that the way I do it doesn't seem to work for anyone else.  :o

Quote from: kid1293 on February 09, 2019, 05:02:20 AM
The links work. I got a notice.

I also tried the way you do it (above) and that works for me too.
I didn't know about doing it that way.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Tonje

Consider your self lucky, @Hawk Your way seems fast and easy.