News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Herb Patch?

Started by River, July 15, 2021, 12:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River

i couldn't find one in the mods. i know there are several mods with an herb patch, but I was wondering if we could have a standalone herb patch, just a small one. I am trying to limit the amount of large mods, to save memory, lol.
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

jerica

There's one in Kid's Settlers Mod, along with a berry patch and a flax patch.

River

Yeah, but I didn't want to download a whole mod. Just need the herb patch. Maybe if I ask nicely, Kid will take it and make it standalone?? Pretty please?  ;D
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

kid1293

Too warm for me, and I do not want to break up the Settlers. I am fond of that mod.
Maybe later.

Go out in the forest. My advice.

Abandoned

Kid Hedgerow mod has a spring hedgerow with asparagus and herbs.  Most mods and vanilla have herbalists who gather herbs from the wild.

River

Yeah, I'll check that out. And I understand, Kid. It's ok. I just denude the land of the resources and didn't want to use the space for the herbalist. Be nice if one of the Farmyards had herbs on it. But, I'll look at the hedgerow. Thanks anyway.

kid1293

Hi @River

It was a cooler morning. The only time to work.
I made a small herb patch from different things I had on my disc.
It is 4x4 and I have slimmed down all resources. This is mini :)

edit - look further down for the updated file.

Glenn

You should add the herb patch to Abandoned's lost and found so it doesn't become to hard to find in the months to come

kid1293

I am sure Abandoned will take care of it. I do not want to do anything wrong with the list.

Abandoned

River

Kid, Abandoned, you guys are the best!! I know you both work hard, along with all the other modders, and it is greately appreciated. Thank you so much!!

I do understand your efforts in modding, I too am a modder for the Sims 2 game, which is very very active. Most people are disappointed with Sims 3 and 4, and are coming back to Sims 2. I have been modding since 2004, and have my own website, where everything is free. Tons of people visit my site every day. So I do understand. Thank you again.

River

Sorry for the double post but....

Abandoned, your herb patch overrides Kids Mini Buildings Herbalist. And the Herb Patch apparently doesn't act like an Herbalist, just grows herbs. Kinda not good, but I don't want you guys angry, so I won't complain. Just thought I'd FYI.

galensgranny

The herb patch/mini gardens never were supposed to act like an herbalist.  They just grow herbs which the bannies can then take to an actual herbalist to get help with their ailments.  You still need an herbalist. The mini herb gardens are great to either supplement what an herbalist in the forest gathers, of if you cut down most of the trees, then you can have herbs growing in the middle of a city for use.

River

I just was saying that originally, Kid's Mini Buildings had an herbalist. But Abandon's herb patch, which only grows herbs, is overwriting that, and now I have to use the vanilla buildings to get an herbalist, and it doesn't look right. Was just a FYI, that's all.

kid1293

Hi @River
I have named the mini herb patch unique. It can't be overwriting anything!

With 'Mini' buildings - Do you mean Tiny or Workplaces?