News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

How I fixed my runtime crashes. A truly epic story.

Started by joey3155, September 14, 2016, 07:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey3155

So I'd say about a week or so ago I downloaded Japanese Facilities mod and the new NMT and put them in WinData in the x64 folder of Banished launched the game and it crashed after I enabled them. Not easily defeated and wondering if it was a fluke or random occurance I launched the game again and tried to enable said mods. It crashed again, at this point I am pissed so I closed the game and took a few days off. I came back to it determined to figure it out. I did a simple test I disabled all mods, quit to desktop, and re-run the game at which point it crashed. I was onto something here.

I decided to uninstall the game and then reinstall it (word of advice do not install through GOG Galaxy it's a piece of shit) having said that I reinstalled Banished the way it was before through the stand alone GOG installer. I loaded up Banished and was surprised to see the game load. I re-enabled my mods thinking the problem was solved however I loaded a map, didn't like the seed and quit to menu to re-roll the map and the game crashed again.... I sat there for a few minutes to ponder this. I re-enabled all my mods again except this time I immediately QTD'd (Quit to Desktop) after Banished loaded the mods again, I then re-entered the game, loaded a map, and returned to menu... Now the moment of truth.... I clicked the "New" button and no crash to desktop.

1.) Uninstall Banished completely. Delete ALL parts of Banished including saves and user settings.
2.) Reinstall Banished.
3.) Move all your mods back into /WinData.
4.) Launch Banished.
5.) Re-enable your mods.
6.) Immediately quit Banished. DO NOT touch anything except Quit.
7.) Relaunch Banished.
8.) Load a map (All your mods from before should be auto enabled.)
9.) Quit the map.
10.) Load a new map.
11.) If all went well you should be good to go.

From what I can tell Banished sometimes screws up when loading and unloading mods. I guess I could have reset all options to default but I wanted to be absolutely sure.

Whoyou13

Could you post the Japanese Facilities Mod file please,  Thanks

Paeng

Quote from: joey3155 on September 14, 2016, 07:36:32 PMFrom what I can tell Banished sometimes screws up when loading and unloading mods. I guess I could have reset all options to default but I wanted to be absolutely sure.

Yeah, you can avoid the whole de-install/re-install routine... clean the registry instead -

http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/starting-a-new-game-without-crash-t268.html

http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/about-fatal-error-in-runtime-x64-and-more-t109.html

;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]