News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New glitch - "food low" notice when it's firewood low

Started by CathyM, March 01, 2019, 08:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CathyM

Hi, again -
As I play these games and get more familiar, I'm seeing glitches that either I didn't notice before or they have just started. I'm getting those pop-up reports on low inventory - but it's reporting on the wrong item! I get pop-up of "food low" when I have 2k+ food for 33 residents - BUT the firewood is 20, so I presume it's picking the wrong alarm to report. Or it reports logs when it's stone that's low, etc. That happens a LOT in my new game,  not so much in others, but I have seen it. Also, this game had logs at 0, but NO report! So the "low alarm" was simply not working.  :-X

This game also has another glitch - I made a field, selected "wheat" and a moment later selected "pumpkins" - it kept saying I was raising pumpkins but was showing wheat field(I have a photo of field and Info box) - and sure enough, at the end I had a barn full of wheat, not pumpkins! I didn't know how to fix this except by deleting the field in the winter and starting again somewhere else. This is the only time I've seen it, but wanted to report in case it needs to be known.

RedKetchup

the warning are at 5% (i think) of your limit set. higher the limit is, higher this 5% will be.

about your crop. thats normal. you selected wheat and as soon 1 of the farmer made 1 step toward the crop, the crop is set to wheat for the entire year. even if the farmer never got to the crop. you will get your pumpkins only the next year after.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Admin

Although you seem to have plenty of food, the general rule for food planning is to have 100 food per person.  33 people will need at least 3300 food.  You can get by with less when you have food coming in regularly, but, if there is a hiccup in supply, you will spiral towards a dead village quickly.

CathyM

Thanks for both of these hints! Some day, if I can stop playing long enough, I'm gonna do a step by step how-to for newbies, giving all these various hints in one place (I used to write both children's books and computer manuals - a good combo.  8) )