News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Roxbow

Started by brads3, December 10, 2018, 12:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

mod adjustments count 142,  added dense forest,wild bees and flora patch<this does give wild oats and flax, so may try to remove the patch later>,easy trade and livestock trade<this will go nicely with the wild west options>;upgraded KID's workplace mod <don't tell him he adjusted this so we can make many goodies like muskets shhhhh>
note thanks to HOPE, the next map has more huge adjustments.stay tuned.

map: Roxbow 315506097,lakes,very large,fair,disaster off,medium start  sorghum,carrots,and apples

goal: build a well fortified city of 500+ bannies. area is between 2 lakes the river and a mountain to the west measures 136 square.well blocked for security but limited space. plan is to build a nice town square with medical facility in the center,surround that with work shops and food processors,houses around that,storage and then crops and livestock on the outside.trade ports can go along the north lake.we'll haul logs from across the river.an armory will be built and supply all adults with a musket. how many bannies can we fit?

i marked the center with a stockpile and the north center with a road.the bannies went to work clearing 2 fields and an apple orchard.a boardinghouse,workplace tailor and flax garden,a workplace toolsmith,and a mini townhall.a holding pen for future livestock was started.we had enough time to build worker houses before it got too cold.the orchasrd grew quick and we were able to get half a crop of apples the 1st fall.on a 10x12 orchard at 57%, we had over 750 apples.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: map start
pic 3: workplaces
pic 4: start boardinghouse and crops
pic 5: holding pen and housing

brads3

YEAR 2-3

to do trading here,we will need more storage space. a barn is sarted in the spring..we have ideas for the island in the lake.we will build a lookout styth tower.we first need to get to the island so 2 covered bridges and some terraforming has to be done. during the winter,we all work to haul stone and logs.

more houses were built a tiny school would help educate the trade villages' chidren.a couple arrived to help build the school and begin clearing more crop land.

pic 1: covered bridge
pic 2: styth tower
pic 3: tiny school

brads3

YEAR 4-5

WE have 2 main goals this year. we need a gate and bridge across the main river.we also want to add a trading post.a wall is also needed to the west from the river to the mountain,which will wait.an RH general trader will be built.the flax garden and tailor will keep it supplied with linen coats. for the gate ,i went with a Ds gatehouse bridge.took a bit of terraform work but it doesn't look to bad.since there isn't a wall piece to match the stone texture,some RK training camp fence was needed on the ends.

the bridge takes longer than expected. waste not want not we have been busy gathering food.we will gather rocks as soon as we get all the berries picked.with the guards housed,the boardinghouse is empty finally.

pic 1: RH TP
pic 2: DS gatehouse
pic 3: bridge

brads3

YEAR 6

a family and a young couple arrive to help us clear the land for the west wall. the family will stay and keep watch from a tower.

the builder has been busy laying a road around the town center.it is zoned 25 square.he reports that the city won't be a perfect grid.due to the way the river winds around we have already worked too far south on the west side.the planners report there should be enough food for over 2000 bannies. nothing beats the NMT multistory houses,space for space they house the most.the city center will have enough housing for over 120 families. 4 schools,a huge market,and hospital will be needed to support the population.we will need lots of lumber and glass.

pic 1: west wall and tower
pic 2: future center zoned

brads3

YEAR 7

Knowing we will need lots of different materials to build the city,we zone the west a production area near the mountain.a sandpit will work along the river.the couple still in the boardinghouse will get a house and work there.we plan sawmills to the east of the front gate.they will cut  firewood and lumber.
while construction is being done, the bannies work to clear land and stock more logs and stone. we have starrted laying out the main city roads as well.

pic 1: sand pit
pic 2: sawmills and depot

Abandoned

Hi @brads3 just had to stop by to see how Roxbow was doing  :)  Nice  :)

brads3

we are gaining. the center is smaller than i wanted but is how it layed out.but we should be safe from fighting here.LOL

Abandoned

;D That remark makes me think of Stronghold game where you pick a spot on a map to build your castle where you will be safest from enemy attack.  :)  I like that little island with tower.

brads3

YEAR 8-9

the bandits are still around. the tower lady died battling them.the bandits had tried to row across the lake and attack our village.unfortunately we do not have a cemetary yet.the children planted a patch of irises and water lilies in her honor.

a cemetary was zoned along the main road to the gate.another pasture has been fenced and more barns built.a glass factory and mines can be started. our builder will be busy.

2 couples arrive in year 9.1 family will move to the sawmills.the other builds a stone house by the glass factory.while we work to get everyone moved into a house,the pit worker died.he becomes the 1st  to be buried in the new cemetary.by now we have 500 sand.to conserve our logs,we will use coal for the glass factory.for now, 3 workers are sent to the random mine and the sand pit will be stopped.

pic 1: lily memorial patch
pic 2:cemetary
pic 3: glass works

brads3

YEAR 10 REVIEW

population grown to 44 with 7 students.48% educated.considering we started with nothing,we have got lots done.the boardinghouse and 11 houses,several barns,a small village center of wokrplaces,the STYTH tower,a glass factory and sand pit,and 2 sawmills.many roads have been ran and land cleared.to keep us safe,we have the west wall,gatehouse,and the tower lookout.3 crops,2 apple orchards,and 2 trout fishermen supply most of our food.

while the mine begins to dig coal,we plan to move educated workers across the bridge and start sending logs  back.before we start building the main city,we will need more iron also.hopefully by then,the merchants bring seeds and livestock.so far few have even stopped.

pic 1: yr 10 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4:food graph

brads3

YEAR 10

with bandits still around,the bannies decided they want stone houses for the forest workers.they are concerned the bandits would try to burn them out.the area just across the bridge they want open so they can see if anyone is coming toward the gate bridge.a thatch hut will start clearing the trees there.our 1st graduate moved in with the tower watcher and becomes the 2nd guard at the STYTH tower.

the watchers at the west wall have kept the town safe from wild animals.every now and then they bring in a bear or wild boar that waundered across the river.this year while keeping watch they hunted ducks.they also make traps to keep the rabbits from eating the crops.the trader stocks some of the furs.

there has been wild oats and flax collected but no wild honey.in the next map i will disable the flora patch and move the bee mod higher.that should fix part of the issues and at least the laborers will collect honey.then i shouldn't have the wild oats and flax.the beaver lodges are easy to spot. snare and drop traps hide well with the bushes and stones.i do show 2 kinds of eggs,RK and pine mod.thou i don't have firewood scattered,i make up for it with fiddleheads,chanterelles,bird nests,many types of berries,and the trapping. plus we use fodder/thatch for building and burn it as firewood.many of the game base buildings use it including the RK textured  vanilla wood houses,gathering hut,and pastures.

wanted to give you all a look at the gathering items a bit more.map locked in summer.the dense forest mod has 10yrs of growth.debugged this to remove trees,iron,copper ores, and stones.then  fodder and flowers removed,and cleared all the RK foods.this leaves silver ore,pine mod foods,any added via the nat div mod,the wild bees and flora patch, and herbs. you can see there is lots left the gathering tools didn't pick up.beaverlodges,rabbit holes,bees,shrubs,herbs,fiddleheads,chantelles,cranberies,and some fox dens.note no firewood and traps appear in winter.KID's bison don't make noise like RED's do so are harder to find when scrolling around.the sounds are helpful when placing some hunters or when testing mod orders.

pic 1: thatch hut,granny stone house,and a lookout tower on the hill.with the hills, nobody can sneak up on us.

pic 2: virgin forest with dense mod and pine mods
pic 3:used the debug tool to clear trees and rocks<iron,copper,stone>
pic 4: removed fodder,flowers,and RK foods. this leaves pine mod,flora patch,wild bees,nat div below RK
pic 5: zoomed in so you can see the bison change,the rabbit holes<below the deer>, beaver lodges,fiddleheads<by the bear>, chantelles by the deer,

pic 6: zoomed in of the clearing.there are 2 green blotches just below center that are fox holes.note i have 2 types of eggs,RK+pine mod. wild bees with an RK map.

pic 7:  x marks a berry bush. above the quick hunter is 2 snare traps.

Gatherer

Interesting about all the spawned foods and other stuff. I removed NatDiv from my load order but kept the Pine Set. Together with Tom's hunting and gathering tools I can collect most items but there are still some left.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

the different items added over the last couple years has gave us many options.not only food plants but also wild animals and tree variations.with ther ND added below the RK,some buildings require thatch/fodder for construction.

with your pine mod,did you add the flax patch? unless you are using TANDY's flora mod do not use the flora patch. that actually will add things without the flora mod. in this map i have wild oats and flax.all i ment to add was wild bees. NECORA worked to train the laborers s they can find many things when clearing land. the pine mod items don't clear with the RK clear buttons.

depending on mods used,each forest can look different and give different foods. a KID forest,an RK,pine forest<3 versions>etc. each will be unique in what fioods are collected.some will be collected by the foresters,keep that in mind.

brads3

YEAR 11

the last arrivals have caused the builder some headaches.1 family moved like they should.the other did a 3-way split.don't know what their dispute was  but they now have 3 houses.as such some older males are stuck living with parents still.females are still in school for a couple more years.

for now we need to cut trees and increase some supplies.a tiny iron-coal mine will be dug. we plow more fields and clear another orchard.then the laborers move supplies for 2 houses for mine workers. 

pic 1: hunting boars
pic 2: tiny mine
pic 3:miner houses

brads3

YEAR 12

knowing more  groups will be arriving in town soon,we start a 2nd boardinghouse.i adusted the miners to work the tiny mine instead of the random. they will dig iron for a year then switch to coal. 2 markets are added to help move supplies toward the center.a raw material and a building material markets.these will help supply construction and supply the backsmith and gunsmith.

these bandits won't go away.Gilber has died.now Attie has lost both his parents.him and his step-mom moved in with a miner. a young male took over at the Styth tower.  for now we will only have 1 guard in the lake tower.

pic 1:2nd boardinghouse
pic 2: raw material and constrution markets.
pic 3:Attie is now an orphan.both parents died fighting bandits