News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Maritimes Pine Set V105

Started by Necora, February 27, 2017, 04:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

since the problem seems to be related to the new flora and patch, did you players having issues double check which patch you have?NECORA made a couple and did a good explanation of which and how to use them.

Gatherer

I'm not using New Flora or New Pine Flora or even Flax Patch.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

this is a mystery then. i do have resin and am using CC. GATHERER what other mods are you using?or is it too big a list?

Gatherer

Check it out, you're the expert on load orders.

EBWFValueOverride
banishedUImod
NMTCrops
NMTLittleHousing
tradecomplete
MaritimesStorage
NewLimitVanillaTP
banishedUI
SeasonFX
limitResource
tighterroadsextended
StorageMod
MoreWood
MoreIron
MoreStone
betterFields
NMT30CanalSet
NMT30ClayChain
NMTForestCenter
NMT30MultiStoryHousing
newmedievaltown
KidSBVMission
MaritimesPineSet
KidRowBusiness
MaritimesTrees
EBVillage
MaritimesDecorations
EBIrrigationGround
NatDiv
EBIrrigationNatural
plains
MaritimesNSInshore
MaritimesDockSet
EBWaterWell
MaritimesPEIShore
MaritimesSherbrooke
ForestOutpost
CCDocks
KidHouseBoat
MiniBuildings
ColonialResource
WheelbarrowBigger
DSWagonVendor
KidStorageCarts
DSSmallVillageProduction
DSTownHouses
KidPastureShed
EBBridges
DSJettyAndBridge
DSSmallVillageServices
BetterStockPiles
KidWildWest
SpecializedStockpiles
BetterStockPileStorage
RKFirewoodStorage
EBWinery
RKGardenWallsUtility
DSSmallVillageStorage
EBStorageSet
EBMaterialsStore
storageCart
StorageCrates
Charburner
DSCrestBlacksmith
DSPickandHenBrewery
EBHerbalist
WorkPlace
Tiny
KidRowHousing
sawmill
Mathieuso_Furnace
ChickenCoop
EBMarketSet
marketpuzzle
HouseSmall
LogDepot
NordicWarehouse
SmallPort
KidAbbey
LargePort
ColonialHousing
DSStoneHovels
EBFarmhouses
GHLightHouse
NewEngland
RedCottage
CountryLittleHouse
EBIrrigationDecoAddon
nordichouses
EBChapel
EBSVSigns
EBChurch
DecoSunflower
VillageSchool
FenceLess
CropHerb
Pigs
EBDecoFences
EBDecoration
KidDecoPlants
fig
whiteChicken
NECEmptySquare
MagicBrickWalls
Mathieuso_Decorations
NMT30DecoCrop
DecorativeItems
RKStoneWallsKit1
RKGardenWalls
KidWashingMod
KidYardCover
WashingMod
EBRoads
EBDecoStatues
BirchBarkCanoe
Covering
DSFences
DSRoads
EBSunflower
NewTrees
smallwell
WhitePicketFence
CleanMeat
kayTweakMoreWorkers
vBetterRainSound
BobbiDoctorHouse
CallofNatureSoundtrack
detachableMonkeyDisableFires
flatten
roadTest
LessFog
XP-HS-Training
IrrelevantTweakCrops
LongerLivingOrchards
mushroom
Radius
EBTombStoneOverride
professionsBox
NomadSignComplete
TinySmoke
MegaModDecoPack[\code]
Fiat panis.

adelegarland

UPDATE:  MOSSYROCKLE My test of the Pine set Mods
For the last few days I have been testing these mods in villages aging from 5 to 23 years, so I am waiting for years to see the Pine Resin.   I am watching the productions very carefully to make sure of what I'm reporting.  The Harvester's Cache Finds Flax, Chanterelle, Pine Boughs and in the beginning Pine Resin.  The trapper finds Eggs, Game, Pelts and Furs early on then stops finding the furs and pelts.  Pine resin is usually found in year 7 of the pine forest, and seems to be non-existent after approximately year 8 to 11.  It does vary from game to game.  The pine Forester seems to be finding Logs, Pine Boughs and Flax now.  In the current Village, of Mossyrockle (I love that name) with both the pine set and CC Docks loaded, (Docks enabled after year 5)  I am in Year 8 and I have only a pine forest.  I have found a total of 20 Pine resin and 4 pelts in year 7, lots of Pine Boughs and Flax.
I've also noticed that the forester, gatherer and hunter of the Pine Set all find Pine Boughs now.  Is that weird?  Its year 8 and I'm adding in the Vanilla Forestry, Vanilla Gatherer, Vanilla Herbalist, Pine Hunter and Pine Trapper, all from the Pine set to give me some comparison.  Year 8 is over and there has been no resin, no pelts or furs but good amounts of pine boughs and flax.  I'll keep updating...
Year 9 and the newest Pine Trapper has found both Furs and Pelts, and in Year 10 has found them again, along with the 2 year old Vanilla Forester from the pine set also finding Furs.  No Furs, Pelts or Resin from the 10 year old Pine set items.
Year 16 and the first year's Pine Forester, Trapper Gatherer are still not finding ANY Pine Resin, or Pelts and Furs.  The eight year old Vanilla Groups is Still finding Fur and Pelts, so that's reassuring.
Year 15 - I added in the maple Forestry grouping and after two years am seeing Pelts and Furs. 
Year 19  - Added another Pine group
Year 24  - (Each group below has a Forester and Gatherer (Pine, Maple or Vanilla), and a Pine Hunter and Pine Trapper)
24 year old Pine Group producing only Pine Boughs Flax and Chanterelle, trapper is finding NO Furs/Pelts.
16 year old Vanilla grouping is fine, with Pelt, Fur all the gatherer's items, (no Flax)
9 year old Maple group is still finding Maple Sap and the trapper has found only 6 Furs no Pelts.
5 year old Pine Group hasn't found any Resin yet, Trapper has found Pelts and few Furs. 
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

brads3

i wouldn't call myself an expert.i have developed a system to the mod order over time that helps organize them.  some was listening to KRAY explain things @ CC.some was trial and error.even the order i have now is wrong. since the upgrade to 1.07,sometimes mods seem to interact more even 1's that shouldn't.my duck hunters are showing low production outputs. i figured out what mod it was but not i think it is 2 mods. neither mod had anything to do with ducks.my system does help narrow down where issues are but it isn't  foolproof.
      not to give you a hard time,but your order bugs me.i wrote up a page for doing mod orders and expalining how and why to it. you can sfind it under the tips and trick forums. a rework of your order might make different mods come to life more.

let's try something easy though instead of re-doing the entire list.move the pine mod up above the maritime storage mod. click it so it throws it all the way to the top and then move it down from there is probably the fastest way.see it that 1 move will solve the issue.you can turn off the pine tree mod because you don't need both. it shouldn't be affecting the game though.

brads3

@adelegarland   SORRY you are still having issues. i do think at least some are due to the new floa mod.if you had the time i would recommend running a map with the flax patch and new flora disablled.just to compare your outputs.  i take it the foresters are set to plant and cut both?have you hit the log limit so he isn't cutting the trees and replanting new? if you have the extra pine tree mod,disable it. you only need the maritime pine set mod.otherwise make sure the sets of pine mods including the patches are close to the top of the mor order and above any other of NECORA's mods.

i do know issues can be aggravating and hard to find sometimes. i had issues when i 1st started using this version.different issues than you all are having though.i ended up clearing my registry,stripped all the mods out,and re-did everything a few mods at a time.took a bout a week or so to rebuild my entire game.as it is it is working. never did figure out why i had issues and never could say it was another mod causing it.computers are strange sometimes.i did have more issues when i tried the nat div 2 mod but even after i took it out i had to re-do the entire game. not saying that you all need to do that. just saying i know how it can be when things don't work the way you hope.

adelegarland

Quote from: brads3 on September 20, 2017, 07:31:13 AM
@adelegarland   SORRY you are still having issues. i do think at least some are due to the new floa mod.if you had the time i would recommend running a map with the flax patch and new flora disablled.I will try that.just to compare your outputs.  i take it the foresters are set to plant and cut both?Yeshave you hit the log limit so he isn't cutting the trees and replanting new? not hitting limit, actually having trouble getting enough logs.if you have the extra pine tree mod,disable it. Don't use ityou only need the maritime pine set mod.otherwise make sure the sets of pine mods including the patches are close to the top of the mor order and above any other of NECORA's mods.Yup, they are all at the top

i do know issues can be aggravating and hard to find sometimes. i had issues when i 1st started using this version.different issues than you all are having though.i ended up clearing my registry,stripped all the mods out,and re-did everything a few mods at a time.took a bout a week or so to rebuild my entire game.as it is it is working. never did figure out why i had issues and never could say it was another mod causing it.computers are strange sometimes.i did have more issues when i tried the nat div 2 mod but even after i took it out i had to re-do the entire game. not saying that you all need to do that. just saying i know how it can be when things don't work the way you hope.
thanks - will keep updating. I know I'm not the only one with this problem, but I will keep testing so that we all can figure it out.

Gatherer

Quote from: brads3 on September 20, 2017, 07:07:18 AM
let's try something easy though instead of re-doing the entire list.move the pine mod up above the maritime storage mod

But it already is above it.

EDIT: I've just noticed that my load order is actually different with that I have posted earlier.  ::)
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Quote from: Gatherer on September 20, 2017, 02:46:41 PM
EDIT: I've just noticed that my load order is actually different with that I have posted earlier.  ::)

And I've just checked the instructions in the Create sorted list of Banished mods topic. I'm doing everything right and the final result is different from reality. >:(
Fiat panis.

Necora

Ok guys, just to let you know I have been keeping up with this conversation but right now I don't have time to test things because I have a manuscript I really want to get finished for work.

That being said, after looking over some things, I don't see how this is a mod-compatibility issue because the files we are talking about are very specific to the Pine Set, and so should not be interfered with in anyway by other mods. Also, this seems to be an intermittent issue, not a flat out nothing being produced issue, which means a compatibility issue is low. One thing that would be worth checking is that any storage mods you have were made using the new storage limits we were given.

Either the items are not being spawned, or they are not being stored. Make sure that you have plenty of the correct storage areas for textiles (fur and pelts) and for materials (resin) otherwise they will not be picked up from the ground if the stores are full/non existent. If for example textile storage is full, I don't think you will be warned about this by the game, I don't think the storage warnings have been improved despite the game changes. If increasing these storage areas suddenly you get a boom in these resources then that is why, you have plenty of appropriate storage, then the reason is due to the spawn things I talk about below. If so, I will try to make a quick patch at some point for you to test and see if it changes anything.

@Gatherer the pick up button is a good idea, however it won't necessarily help with this issue if the items are not showing up on the map.

Quote from: adelegarland on September 19, 2017, 07:21:33 AM
I hope my efforts are helpful, not annoying.  :)

Of course helpful, I don't want people struggling this much to get resources!

Paeng

Quote from: Gatherer on September 20, 2017, 03:08:56 PMI'm doing everything right and the final result is different from reality.

I struggle(d) with this too... I found sth probably related to the quirky registry - normally you load up all mods to be used in the beginning, and your reg is in order... if you however load additional mods at a later point (as many of us probably do), the reg becomes confused - it will start tagging ModsEnabled as FALSE even if they are properly enabled (and work fine in-game). From that point on, printed lists show things "different from reality"...  ::)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

adelegarland

Quote from: Necora on September 20, 2017, 04:13:03 PM
Ok guys, just to let you know I have been keeping up with this conversation but right now I don't have time to test things because I have a manuscript I really want to get finished for work.

That being said, after looking over some things, I don't see how this is a mod-compatibility issue because the files we are talking about are very specific to the Pine Set, and so should not be interfered with in anyway by other mods. Also, this seems to be an intermittent issue, not a flat out nothing being produced issue, which means a compatibility issue is low. One thing that would be worth checking is that any storage mods you have were made using the new storage limits we were given.

Either the items are not being spawned, or they are not being stored. Make sure that you have plenty of the correct storage areas for textiles (fur and pelts) and for materials (resin) otherwise they will not be picked up from the ground if the stores are full/non existent. If for example textile storage is full, I don't think you will be warned about this by the game, I don't think the storage warnings have been improved despite the game changes. If increasing these storage areas suddenly you get a boom in these resources then that is why, you have plenty of appropriate storage, then the reason is due to the spawn things I talk about below. If so, I will try to make a quick patch at some point for you to test and see if it changes anything.
@Necora  Me again,  I've been testing this mod and removed the flora and flax mods.  without them and with several storage facilities, 10,000 limits on all resources  and a full compliment of gatherers and workers, there is still a lack of resources - The pine resin begins production in the 7th to 8th year and around the 10th year stops. I've seen no more resin  for up to 23 years (at which point I quit and try again).  The same with the pelts and furs, showing up from year 6 - 7 and lasting till about year 10.  The Maple sap from the maple forester seems to be showing a similar trend.  I am testing that now.
Perhaps more workers for each building, 4 foresters, 3 or 4 gatherers at each gathering building, 3 or 4 hunters, trappers, etc.   It might help....  Perhaps they are set too low in their production amounts. 
I'll keep testing and let you know what I find with the Maple sap.
Thanks for keeping up with this. 

brads3

can we see a list of your mod order?
     only suggestion i have is to take the mods back out,completely clear the registry, and then put mods back in a few at a time starting with the pine mod and run tests.tedius and time consuming task. to "test" i would use the debug to set the foresters and enough buildings for the bannies to function and let the game run for several years.took me about a week to do that with mine. i added mods back in groups of 5-10 so i could narrow down any problems.

adelegarland

@brads3
OK Here is my Load Order, I see some errors, duplicating mods, ineffective mods... Those are in the end of the load order, and not likely to be the issue.  Please look it over and see what you think.