News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (3) thread

Started by RedKetchup, March 11, 2019, 07:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donwolfkonecny

Hello. Since you asked "What can I add". I prefer to play with the full screen showing, no info boxes (General Statistics and Townhall). I play that way because it's more enjoyable to not have the screen blocked, but also as a handicap. I'm trying to play by feel, and not numbers and counts of how much stuff I have. Ideally the game could be played with no info windows. In fact I'd like to see a challenge mode where no info boxes are possibe! This mode would be called Reality.
No info boxes mostly works except I also like to turn my farmers on and off so they can labor during summer since there is no benefit to them farming. (Only use orcharders during harvest, since there is no benefit to them orcharding during the rest of the year, unless trees need planting).
I can guess the season about half the time, but sometimes snow is early or late etc. That matters because crops appear to be planted in Early Spring, whether it's warm or cold, which is typically not the way it happens in reality. In reality, farmers are't going to plant their crops in snow, they'll go as soon or late as they think there won't be another frost, perhaps a certain temperature. I think it would be best if planting actually happened based on weather not season. This would be more realistic.
Assuming weather-based planing is not possible, I would like a map indicator for the season, since it's the one artificial thing you can't tell by looking at the map. Could you make a weathervane or almanac or calendar or something ON THE MAP that shows the season (in particular "early spring") or in other words, when the farmers can begin planting?

brads3

in settings there is a way to turn those boxes off and the icons.so you won't have no help when a building has no materals or workers. check the game otions when you load it up.

donwolfkonecny

ooh ouch! Actually I didn't mean those boxes! I'll keep those! lol
That sounds difficult, you would be losing out on production and not know why...I like the idea I think I'll try it
I meant more like, I know some people run their tools on a minimum amount, or other resources, and it's just unrealistic in my opinion to be able to count all those things. I doubt right now my town could "Count" all the food in it. Estimate it sure, and that's what I'm proposing. You can still check the barns or markets and add them up. But you'd be missing out probably on some smaller storage areas.
But if it's all counted up for you, I feel it becomes less a game of "feel" and more a game of numbers/spreadsheets which doesn't interest me as much.

And I as I said, Season when farmers begin planting crops is NOT available from the map, it's only available from the statistics box. Hmm, maybe it could be realistic, like a farmers almanac? But as I said, I think farmers don't plant in snow just because the almanac says it's time to plant...

RedKetchup

when i asked what i can add.... i am talking about the resources/technology i can make spawn at the map generator. What you are talking, @donwolfkonecny  , is a job for programmers. you ask new ways that require new code. a moder cannot add new code. it can only use existent code that we see and that the developper want us to see...

So i found out that marble was not an egyptian thing, it is a greek thing. so NO marble. i changed it for limestone. pyramid and some other building will require limestone.
so RotP will have 2 kind of stone : Sandstone and Limestone, and mud bricks of course.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i just checked the Drifters Building and found an error. Thanks to a FB user who found the error.....

The Drifters really use the log limit but the spinner that is on the window is not the good one (food) so i edited the 2 drifters buildings and made shown the real good one as should be. (logs one)

we will get a 1.3.1 version tomorrow. (i've fixed a couple of other things too....) if there is something else to fix... please find it tonight LOL so i dont have to do a 1.3.2 after ^^

MissyHissy

Now this looks like an excellent project. Wonderful idea. I play Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile and that plus Banished are my favourite city-building type games.
A combination of the two would be excellent.
I shall watch with fascination  8)

RedKetchup

Here  some screenshots. From pictures i saw, Egypt and the Nile part of the Egypt is not what we exactly think about Egypt & Deserts & Pyramids & Sphinxes....

So i tried to reproduce other kind of trees and vegetation we can get there.... where everything is about Evergreen Lush Luxurious environment.

QuoteThe wildlife of Egypt is composed of the flora and fauna of this country in northeastern Africa and southwestern Asia, and is substantial and varied. Apart from the fertile Nile Valley, which bisects the country from south to north, the majority of Egypt's landscape is desert, with a few scattered oases. It has long coastlines on the Mediterranean Sea, the Gulf of Suez, the Gulf of Aqaba and the Red Sea. Each geographic region has a diversity of plants and animals each adapted to its own particular habitat.

So i made this tree. Look at it. and tell me what you think.

donwolfkonecny

Yes they look more natural against the sand, than standard trees.
In my experience (I live in a desert), there are almost no tall trees, only bushy plants, normally not taller than the waist on a person.
Have you considered making wood only importable? Maybe the "tree"s all make thatch, used for construction.
Or clay to make adobe buildings, such as mexico Morocco or Mali.

I know along a river there can be trees, but I think you cannot put trees only on the river in banished.

Nilla

These trees look beautiful but I also support the idea, that trees are rare and there can be other options for buildings and fuel. I don´t know what´s possible.

RedKetchup

there are 3 biomes i wanna do with Rise of the Pharaoh.

Desert where nothing lives, maybe some oasis inside....
Nile where everything is luxurious
Savana where is midway between. not a desert, but it is hot and wild

i know RotP wont be about Logs. i know very well also i wont be able to prevent cheating getting extra forester and turn those desert into a north west temperate forest (america - euro zone)
there will be few use for logs.

Jinxiewinxie

Those trees are a phenomenal recreation of the ones in the pictures. I can't imagine how long that took you in your 3d model program, they look VERY similar to the reference picture. I'm very impressed =)

Jinxiewinxie

As for the cheating..  you could make a forester template that overwrites the base one in game and then have it point to a new tree template that grows less trees and much slower =) Then, the only folks who can cheat would be ones who download mods that replace the base game forester =)

RedKetchup

wouldnt work if they place it on top of rotp

donwolfkonecny

I don't think you should try to plan around "cheaters", or you will spend all your time trying to outwit them instead of making good new stuff!

Besides who cares if they are making their game easier or bigger, maybe we can think of them as "mod-modders" lol

RedKetchup