News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Opinion: what you think about this house set ?

Started by RedKetchup, August 17, 2019, 10:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Hi!

I decided to open my 3dsMax and draw something because it has been longtime i didnt open my 3D program.
there was a model i wanted to do since a good while. it was lurking somewhere in the brain..... ^^

but i am still not sure which path i should go with it.

Option 1 : Choose the format of the Colorful Little Houses. A 1 lvl floor (3x4 tiles) and a 2nd floor combo next to it (1x4 tiles).
and maybe add a little shelter the other side of it (like a cave, tornado shelter, reserve, stockage) to go with (like Country Little House format....)

or

Option 2 : you start to build the house at lower cost. Can be good for shelter 2 adults.... And then decide to pay what is left to upgrade it for 2 adults + 3 children.
and i can still add the storage to the other side....

through the screenshots, you will see the building process i did. the first picture is the 1st floor. and then i started to add to it (for 2nd floor or upgrade)
i didnt finished yet. i still need to make the stairs to 2nd floor and some little roof over some windows.

I know the model wont please to everyone :P It is something.... very ...  different ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

moonbelf

It is very different. I think it would fit with a western (cowboy) type town quite well.

RedKetchup

well! seems to interest no one... then i ll keep for myself :)

i did the stairs and the awnings/roofs

kid1293

It is a nice model but alone it will look... alone.
Think 8-10 buildings in the same style and you can have an interesting part of the town.
I really like the way you made it. Many interesting corners. :) :)

Artfactial

I do really like the style(although I am never much of a fan of the rounded roof-tiles), the stairs is lovely.
While I generally think the 'upgrade' feature is underused in mods, I think that making multiple story additions to give it that cobbled-together feel would suit this style better.:)
Like a clapboard family house that has been added on for generations.

RedKetchup

finally someone who is talking about the options :)
thanks

i didnt made much since out of tweaking a bit the pieces... and did the building process. i still need to do the code and paint it with all the colors i have :)

Artfactial

Love the details.:)
Great to see a version without round rooftiles!:D

Nithalm

I'd like it if you would go for option 1. It will go well with the two-layered houses you already have. (sort of your trademark feature) And for those who think it is broken.... well, make a version where the houses are more 'expensive'? Sort of endgame housing, where you need a surplus of resources to build these multi-story houses. Keep up the good work RedKetchup.

grammycat

I really like the textures, stairs, hitching rail, and other details.  I'm just slightly confused-is this going to be several stories like the Medieval ones or one large home?  I agree with kid in that we need more buildings in the same style.  I know:  always more, more, more.

RedKetchup

if finally i will choose option 1 or option 2 will be when i ll try to see it in game. the thing is the stairs to go to the 2nd floor is 1.5 tiles width  ??? i needed to make the stairs straight in front , in middle of the tile but for the look, i did curved it to follow the wall of the house.

that would work better as an upgrade, but will see how it will imbricate each other.

kid1293

Choose upgrade or you will have to rebuild things. Not funny.
They are very nice as upgraded to 2 floors.

As @grammycat said - More!

Kristahfer

Keep going with this design. So I like it a lot. Will use it when available.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Artfactial on August 19, 2019, 12:09:06 AM
I do really like the style(although I am never much of a fan of the rounded roof-tiles), the stairs is lovely.

whats about this ?

moonbelf

This house style is growing on me lol. I like the squared roof tiles better myself.

Kristahfer