News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Sorting: is it possible?

Started by Gahlak, August 19, 2019, 03:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gahlak

Hi! I haven't been able to find it, so if it doesn't exist, I think it would be a great addition: sorting. Specially in trade buildings and the town hall, to check which items you have an excedent of and prioritize selling those. I'm sure that has to be by this time, but I couldn't find it. I've gone even to think that it might not even possible, but everything in the game seems like it was supposed to be implemented.

See you!

brads3

you can click where it says sort by name to sort by quantity at the top. on both Th and TP's. we can not sort by flag however so no way to sort foods or textiles,etc.

RedKetchup

yeah the toolkit doesnt allow to change the game. only make buildings, resources, professions, textures changes.... animals... this kind of stuff exclusively.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gahlak

Brads3: I'm curious then to why I couldn't do that even with only the base game.

Red Ketchup: That's what I thought.

brads3

what couldn't you do?  there were ideas that LUKE,the developer,had that weren't finished into the game. there could be many reasons for that. injury or illness could have slowed him down.a famiy member being hospitalized or a death might have taken his time. loss of ambitun as the coding got tedious.  his mind was working on the next big idea. hard to know what someone else was thinking.

the obvious is that he never saw the game having such a huge following of players.it was made to be a quick played game built on the survival aspect.  it took off ,and with the great modders and player ideas has grown intio a very unique game. coding a game looks to be a long  tedious project. i could see someone losing interest over time with different ideas not getting finsihed. i give LUKE credit. he did give us a a nixce game. there are some hiden gems that he designed into the game.

over time, LUKE did upgrade the game. we now have more limit flags than when it was 1st put out.the deer multiply better and aren't overhunted.  what can't be done today,a different modder might solve tomorrow. that has been done before. we have a community icon button, the mod manager, and different wild animals. so there are always improvements made.

Gahlak

Sure! i wasn't implying at all anything bad or blaming the author about anything. I think it is a GREAT game, worth every cent I put on it and every hour invested. What I was asking for is a way to click the Item,  Desired or Count sections in Traders and anything that has that kind of sorting headers to actually rearrange everything regarding the numeric value before them, as you would do in many other pieces of software. You can sort by name and quantity in the storage section, but not by Value, and you can't sort in the Trade one, which I think it would be awesome and so practical.
That we have those tabs and headers made me suspect that maybe this was planned but not implemented by whatever reason. The game author sure had their reasons and i totally respect them. I'm sorry for not having been more specific and I'm really grateful to those that answered this thread.