Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Stone collecting

Started by sergiu, March 27, 2016, 08:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sergiu

Hi.
I'm new to the game.
I want to ask one question,what happens after there's no more stone in the quarry?I would have to make a new one right?But what happens when i run out of space and i can't make anymore quarries?
Sorry for my bad english.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

A Nonny Moose

I guess you must be running a small map.  I can't imagine not finding land for a quarry, but if you have a worked out quarry, it would be nice to be able to divert a river or stream into it and make it into a lake.  Big empty pits are not only dangerous, but they are unsightly.

Environmental requirements around here make it mandatory to try to restore such areas to something resembling the original terrain or a public park.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

irrelevant

Quote from: Gatherer on March 27, 2016, 11:02:02 AM
Trade for it
Yep. That's pretty much the best way to get stone anyway, quarrys take up too much space and manpower. Mines and coal/iron the same.

rkelly17

Quote from: sergiu on March 27, 2016, 08:21:10 AM
Hi.
I'm new to the game.
I want to ask one question,what happens after there's no more stone in the quarry?I would have to make a new one right?But what happens when i run out of space and i can't make anymore quarries?
Sorry for my bad english.

I'm with @Gatherer and @irrelevant. Make lots of booze (ale in the game) and trade it for stone and iron. Somewhere just off the map must be a settlement that has enacted prohibition, because they will consume as much ale as you can produce. I produce the fruit to make the ale myself, but if you don't want to you can trade for that as well.

A Nonny Moose

Trading for raw materials is always a good idea if you can make things attractive enough.  Booze is definitely a good trade item, and I've found that wool coats do well also.  It is always wise to pick up some sheep as early in the game as you can because they will provide clothing as well as meat, usually faster than cattle.

Generally, as soon as I can get ale production I let the TPs grab it for trade goods. 
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Nikkie6707

Hi, There's a mod on  Colonial Charter web site it's made by kralyerg. It's a Renewable Resources. There's one shack each for Stone, Iron, Coal, Dense Trees.