News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necora's Work in Progress

Started by Abandoned, February 27, 2017, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

@brads3 I am not sure. The 'float _growthInMonths' is 40, so the trees reach maturity in 40 months, 3.333 years. Unless, by month it actually means seasons in which case it would be 10 game years, but I don't know how Banished reads 'Months' in the code. I assume it is 12 months in a year. In this case, a tree should be harvest-able in a forester by the 3rd year after it is planted.

The 'float min_spawnAge' of all natural resources spawned by the trees is 0.2 (apart from herbs which are 1.1). I actually have no idea what this means, but when I play it through the first spawned resource tends to appear after about 1 year from building a foresters hut in a cleared area.

QueryEverything

Quote from: QueryEverything on April 06, 2017, 08:23:52 PM
Quote from: Necora on April 06, 2017, 07:56:19 PM
Thanks @grammycat ! I'll see into the apples, perhaps I reduced them too much.

I have not had much time to create lately, got involved in a project at work at the last minute that has a rather impending deadline. Short story, I gotta take a lot of pictures of a lot of oyster shells very quick and process/analyse them all. But I do get to use some cool equipment like electron microscopes.

I have been thinking though, and had an idea back to the crystal cliffs goat pen discussion. I want to get the opinions of @RedKetchup , @Tom Sawyer , @kid1293 , and @anyoneelsewhoisinterested. Remember the goat discussion? We couldn't seem to come to a conclusion on the best way to deal with small structures like this. Kid1293 posted a cool pic of a small flower garden grower at red's WIP, and it reminded me of an idea I had a few weeks ago but ignored. What about, to make a small animal pen/pasture, but without the pasture, we have the hutch as a forester type building, who goes out and plants chickens or goats in a very small radius. These chickens or goats (trees) would spawn milk or eggs or what ever. They also have a longish life time and don't get chopped down (if we can do that - can you have a forester that only plants and doesn't harvest?) and just die of old age. Do you think something like this would work?

Just turn the forester to plant only :)
I love this idea, with some cool fencing, and it will look like a baby animal farm :D :D :D
Love!

Not bumping or prompting at all @Necora ... I wouldn't dare ask about your thoughts ... 
What post?  Oh? hahaha 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Necora

Overhauls, updates, and new material...

Hi all. I have not had much time to mod lately, work got super busy and the sun is out later in the evening, so more outside time planting my veg patch than indoor time modding.

I did manage to spend some time this weekend though, we were well and truly washed out with rain.

I am overhauling and updating all mods.

This includes making sure all core files, so the community files, new limits, etc. are all up to date in all mods. This should stop any load order/compatibility issues.

I am also re-applying the textures. I've put in a 'NEC' prefix to all texture files, which should prevent possible conflicts and funky texturing. I'm also running them through and image optimizer to cut down on file size and increase performance (hopefully). This is taking quite some time, but I plan to get all mods done.

I am also planning on releasing all un-released content 'as is'. I have so many plans, but so little time. So instead of posting teasers constantly, I wanted to get the current stuff out there as it is taking longer and longer between each release as I just don't have the time.

With that being said, I am going away for 2 months this summer for work (from the start of June) and will not have modding capabilities. I want to get as much updated and released as I can before then, so hold on!

brads3

embx61

Great work @Necora

And indeed real life comes first.

What program, do you use for optimizing the textures if I may ask?
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Necora

@embx61 I use the RIOT - Radical Image Optimization Tool. I find it is really good. It can reduce colour profile with no loss visually, you can see comparisons side by side and stop decreasing colours when you start to see impacts of it. It is also the best thing I've tried (vs gimp and ifranview) for resizing textures without loss. I've made >1mb image files to less than 200 kb and you can't tell the difference.

The one thing it does not handle too well is semi-transparent images... but I have not found anything that does (for free).

http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/

embx61

Thanks @Necora

I will download and try it out.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Bartender

That's a great little tool! It's reducing the size of some of my texture files a lot.

Paeng

Quote from: Bartender on May 09, 2017, 10:57:46 AMThat's a great little tool! It's reducing the size of some of my texture files a lot.

Yep, also highly recommended for screenshots, specially for journals where one quickly has 20 or more... you can reduce the load by up to 60%   :)

* plus an easy switch to jpg instead of png...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Necora

What, what is this? The Pine Set and New Flora mods working perfectly together? With no duplicate flax and all natural resources appearing on the map?? Why yes! Yes it is!

And yes, those are diagonal pine cabins. And yes, they will be in the update.

brads3

hmm does the tailor still use CC flax also??

calli74

oooohhhhhhh!!!!!! now this is another thing I'm looking forward to. I reinstalled my windows a few days ago and apart from testing out Red's canals I haven't played banished for a few days, so many updated mods to download and install and set up again. I'll wait now till this is finished :) I really love Tany's new flora but only got it figured out recently how to use it with CC and now it'll be even better to have it work with your stuff too.

Necora

With @tanypredator 's permission I have been working on a couple of patches to make the New Flora mod fully compatible with all other mods that use flax, so CC, maritimes, EBOilPress etc. As a courtesy I'm waiting on the approval of my changes before I tell you many details ;) But the aim is to make flax cross compatible with all mods, so there is only 1 raw material flax and you can use it in any chain that needs some form of flax. I've also been working on a second patch that is specifically for New Flora and the Pine Set that allows all natural resources from both mods to be spawned by the trees at the start of the game. So you will find bees, oats, roses, flax, beaver lodges, chanterelles, fiddleheads, cranberries, and fox and rabbit holes on start up.

calli74

That's great news Necora, it's wonderful to see all the collaboration here and with black liquid for mods and hardly any "drama" like I've seen in some communities. Keep up the great work cos you are all making Banished a beautiful world to play in.

RedKetchup

Quote from: calli74 on May 21, 2017, 04:34:20 PM
That's great news Necora, it's wonderful to see all the collaboration here and with black liquid for mods and hardly any "drama" like I've seen in some communities. Keep up the great work cos you are all making Banished a beautiful world to play in.

/like
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .