News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Early settlement

Started by Aussieboy, January 04, 2015, 10:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussieboy

I am thinking out load about  a mod that demonstrates early convict settlement.
Free settlers with convict labour and once yearly shipments from the old country of supplies.
Trading with other settlements and friendly locals with the odd skirmish with the unfriendly ones.
Loads more possiblities

what are your thoughts?

rkelly17

Quote from: Aussieboy on January 04, 2015, 10:03:26 AM
I am thinking out load about  a mod that demonstrates early convict settlement.
Free settlers with convict labour and once yearly shipments from the old country of supplies.
Trading with other settlements and friendly locals with the odd skirmish with the unfriendly ones.
Loads more possiblities

what are your thoughts?

@Aussieboy, I think that this would be a most interesting mod (or really set of mods). We were just visiting relatives in LA over Christmas and discussed another branch of the family that was shipped out from Ireland to Oz. Our branch was sent to Georgia, which was also a convict settlement. The hardest parts of the plan to implement would, I think, be the annual supply ships and the odd skirmish since mods can't do the kind of deeper programming changes needed for that. Trading would have to be based on the current trading model. Nomads could become additional shipments of prisoners. I could see this becoming a larger project like Colonial Charter.

RedKetchup

but unfortunatly it cant be made that way.

nomads code is very tightly and reserved to certain code. you cannot swap citizens from a 'goods' something you bought , to real population. the only thing that can approach as closed as you asked has been already made i think :

add the nomads code to the trading post ( i think it s Jamie who did that, or someone else)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Aussieboy

i did look at the mods for this and in all honesty is way beyong what i could ever do.

i thought perhaps with the trading vessel could it not be changed that every 5 seasons or so 'free supplies' are offered.this could emulate the relief ships.

Nomads could be changed to free settlers perhaps.

Sorry for the thoughts out load,just thought a mod for early settlement might be a great historical challenge.