Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on July 15, 2018, 07:52:46 PM
That corner house looks awesome.
I like the balconies :)

It is all about some detailing :) Sometimes a pain in the neck to do but after the mesh is finished it is worth the (extra) time spent on it :)

thats what is complicating everything. the house has 2 walls: 1 outside, 1 inside with a balcony. and since the roof isnt flush, and the windows are 3D... i need to cover everything. and there are 2 roofs.
if i go far to cover... in front thats ok, cause thats a road there so it doesnt matter too much, but i cant back up at all in the side houses mesh till i need to stay flush with those ^^ or i will overlap them badly :P

in fact i remembered why i was waiting so long before trying to push myself to do those... and delay at max... they are so much complicated and ask so much of work ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

just a little note for myself .....  ;D

i made all birds smaller (down to 50% of was it was) like ducks, geese, pheasants...
and i added a bit to bison (up of 12.5%). and i fixed the animation walk of bears, more fluid.

RedKetchup

i want to bring a note because i noticed alot of people deleting all flowers in gatherer zones....
the flowers in the meadows and also in the forest, wherever they are ... are spawning all the new wild food. thats not the grass, nor the trees that are spawning the Strawberries, Raspberries, Cranberries,  Mulberries, Blackberries, Bird Nests... but it is the flowers that spawn them around... so if you cut those, it is similar to cut a tree (for the chances to get food)

and now also, the flowers will also spawn Seedlings. i did this because i know some want to put some deco trees... requiring seedlings... but they have hard to try to get the Greenhouses technology. you will able to get seedlings by clearing a zone as anything else, but florists will search for them since they are already roaming through meadows :).
i will also ask the tool Collect Herbs & Flowers to collect those Seedlings :)

i will also boost the greenhouses a bit making them more attractive.

RedKetchup

i also fixed an issue with Gatherers Starting condition. there was a stockpile missing so we couldnt get the firewood allowed at start. i also did up the tools from 12 to 16. food from 800 to 900.

zak4862

Greetings RK!
Very nice work with Seedlings and and improved Starting conditions. I like it a lot.
         Regards   zak4862  8)

taniu

@RedKetchup  :D Very nice work with Seedlings .I like this idea
I'm just worried about what to do with waste, such as feathers and bonemeal? - we can add feathers to clothes and bonemeal as a fertilizer for greenhouses - but there is still a lot left in the warehouse and it only takes up space for other useful goods. Can you create a separate stack for these things - the workers took these things to  TradingPost or create a new bonfire mod where do we throw feathers and bonemeal instead of wood - how is fuel? Is it possible? Cheers!

Abandoned

@RedKetchup is their feathers and bonemeal in Editors Choice or is that from some different mod?  If so, I must have missed that in brief test, sorry  :)

embx61

I looked at the BETA 12 code of Editor Choice and see no bonemeal or feathers as rawmaterial listed so unless Red changed it in later versions I not think Red uses them.
It is probably a left over from CC which uses bonemeal and feathers.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

Thanks @embx61, I thought Red's greenhouses only used his thatch fertilizer and water.  I thought I may have missed seeing feathers with the new added animals.

brads3

i will try to explain where these come from ,ABANDONED. i think they are "piggy-backed" from a CC add on mod. when a large mod is split to make smaller mod sets,parts of the main coding get pulled out with it. not intended and generally doesn't cause issue. this piggy backed coding can be from elsewhere in the main mod and have nothing to do woth the smaller mod set itself.   such as the fort set could have feathers or bonemeal even though that set has no hunting or chickens in it.

since these add to the game,mod order has no effect.TOM did make a patch that might take it out without having the North mod.the only use of feathers is in the dock set to make survival coats.bonemeal can be used by the tropical greenhouse. the best bet is to dump the excess items to the trading post. that way they don't fill barns nor affect limits.

be advised these "piggy back" adititons of coding may not be just CC.

RedKetchup

RK Ed doesnt have bonemeal , nor feathers.

i am sorry if i dont have any plans for those. the best, is asking @kralyerg  for a remove or lowered production so people dont get overloads of these.

Abandoned

No, it does not make sense to add these thing to your mod, @RedKetchup when they are created by another mod.  Player would then have to use the other mod also. Those not using that mod would then end up with them being brought by river merchants. I only took a brief look so far at Editor Choice and did not recall seeing any bonemeal or feathers.  :)  That is fine by me.  :)  I am glad to hear ducks, geese, and pheasants will keep their feathers on  :)

taniu

@ RedKetchup :Dhe asked for help - I know that "Editor Choice" has no feathers or bone meal - appear in CC - now under the command of Krályerg on the page "Black Liquid" - I wrote about this problem, but it seems to me that the site is now inactive . I have sentiment to @ Redketchup, because I have a lot of help in my various problems and I know it works too - it responds to the "Black Liquid" page. I would like other moderators to read my posts carefully - I do not mean who issued the mods, which contains feathers or bone meal, but I am asking you to eliminate the painful topic or minimize these things - because it seems to me that they just do not need to be blocked warehouses. this is just my opina - but I think I'm right - unfortunately I'm a player - I do not know about the technique of the game. I have a great respect for @ RedKetchup, because thanks to him I have a butcher who processes meat of a horse and a llama. I'm an older person - I like playing Banished - Gam a lot since 2014 and here I would like to thank all the great people for the mods that came to life "Banished" - a fantastic game that I never get bored of. Please, I do not know - I have a feeling that there is a problem with grass and flowers, I can only remove it, a quick removal - there is a lot on the map - unfortunately I do not know numbers, I do not know how many grasses, flowers, mushrooms, roots, etc. grow at this time. . I know that you are busy with other ideas or mods, but as a player I can not deal with it. Please help? By the way - what about the Egypt project? Greetings :D :- :P

RedKetchup

@taniu  flowers are beautiful and you need those. they make spawn equal or more food than the trees.

the trees spawn mushrooms, onion, roots, blueberries and herbs (and deadwood)
the flowers spawn strawberries, raspberries, mulberries, blackberries, cranberries and bird nests. (and now seedlings)
the grass spawns the flowers.

plus with flowers, you can make a very good trade with parfume.

@kralyerg i am talking with him almost everyday... gonna ask him and see what we can do.

brads3

good information,RED. i have just started trying things with the FLORA mod.i am assuming it is blocking the firewood, since there is none scattered around.does anyone who uses the FLORA mod  have firewood?

the "clear" tools are picky.not every tool will work the same.depending on mods used and order,1 food clear button doesn't clear all food types for instance. players may want to try different buttons to see which works best for them.when i send the laborers to gather food,i run over the area with several of the tools.they will find more that way.