News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Mexican Fantasy V2.1

Started by kid1293, September 12, 2019, 08:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I don´t have the Egypt mod loaded and I do hope that it doesn´t influence anything here because I haven´t cleaned the registry. But I haven´t seen such spook for a long time. I find your idea of only 1 worker on that small patch good @Abandoned. Old or new numbers don´t matter to me. I just played one whole year with the update. At the old version, 2 educated workers produced around 2100 food (not cotton, that´s far less), uneducated about 1700 in well-located sites. After the update, it´s about 30% less. That´s still a lot, much more than a farmer on the same area, but of course, it makes sense that the production is higher than normal farming; there´s an input of water and the worker is busy all year. I have also seen that the production gets down a lot if there isn´t enough water close. If there´s plenty of water in the closest store, the worker gets 100 water and tend his field efficiently for a long time, producing a lot, but if there is only a little, he spends more time on the road getting water than on the field producing. So, as always with an input, the logistic is a bit trickier.

And @irrelevant, the WOW isn´t for me. It´s for Kid who made these great looking "stuff". It´s not hard to put them together in a cool looking way.

MarkAnthony

I'm gonna hack Nilla's computer, steal her saved game for this mod, and color one of her homes and see if she notices!   :P

Just teasing... I can't color!

EDIT: There, done!  Another masterpiece!
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: Nilla on September 17, 2019, 02:45:06 AM
Weird with ChooChoo. I haven´t played it for a long time but as I remember, it´s a pure trade mod without production buildings. Good that you´ve found it.
I haven't looked at his ChooChoo page since the day I downloaded the mod, but his ChooChoo and ChooChoo 2 were different. I guess the updated mod also had a food car to serve it's guests. I'll go look now to be sure.

EDIT: Guess not, I can't find any mention of food stuff on the ChooChoo mod pages, but ChooChoo v2 apparently adds all resources from the Training Camp mod.  /shrug  I could have sworn I read somewhere that he added a food car!  Oh well.

Nilla

MarkAnthony

Lol, now Nilla... either you purposely modeled your town or perhaps by accident but I can't help but look at the larger screenshot (the one showing more homes and patches, reply #26) but they remind me of the "projects" (slums) in the eastern states of the US (New York, Philly, etc) especially when you have them all one single color like that. The crop patches can be viewed as parking lots from high up.

Have you been watching Law & Order or other Tv shows from America?  lol

MarkAnthony

By the way Kid, what are the Siesta Tents for? I haven't made any yet.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: Nilla on September 17, 2019, 08:25:50 AM
Guess where Mark lives. ;)
That's definitely me in the white, in the shade of the homes, outside...  because here too I still have no air conditioning! The story of my life it seems *sighs   :(   At least it's cooler this week due to the monsoon season. It's in the upper 90's° F and low-mid 100's° F now, a big difference really from what it was for the last 2.5-ish months.

Abandoned

@MarkAnthony  Siesta tent is a house for 2 people, good to have market workers living close to markets, and for population control.

MarkAnthony

Thank you very much Abandoned.    ;D   

I knew "siesta" means sleepy time (my wording) but it didn't occur to me they'd be housing. I haven't come across 2-person dwellings before, at least not to my recollection; I was just thinking about that yesterday wishing I had some to try and throw those old farts into them!   :P

Abandoned

;D  There aren't many 2 people houses around - there is mod Tiny Row Houses by Kid that I can think of off-hand.

If you build then at the start of map bigger families might move in, but handy later if your population is growing faster than you want.   They should work for old farts  ;D

Tiny Row Houses :   http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1272.msg24347#msg24347

Edit - Kid Medieval Grace also has 2 person house - monk house.

MarkAnthony

Thanks, got the Kid Medieval Grace mod but missed the Nilla's Tiny Rowhouses one.

Abandoned

:) I had to look for it, asked Kid first but found it first.  They match RowHousing mod  :)

kid1293

The tiny Rowhouses are now included in RowHouse mod.

Abandoned

My mistake and Tiny Rowhouses houses house 3 people.

Also sorry got off topic here.  Siesta Tents in Mexican Fantasy house 2 people and comes in a variety of colors.

kid1293

Hi all!
To add to the confusion I have changed the numbers on the patches back to what they were.
I listened carefully to the voices here on the forum and @Nilla was the only one wanting a change.
@Abandoned pointed out that less experienced players would have it difficult. I agree.

I just uploaded with the same name. It makes no sense to update the version number.
So, whatever version you have, now you know what's happening.

If it wasn't for @Abandoned I would not be here. She has a good head and a good heart. :)
She accepts my policy of making the game more accessible for all. Some call it a cheat and
want a harder, unforgiving game. I do not think that is the way to go.