News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Feathers from grouses as a side effect from CC would be more than crazy. I really wonder if it's not caused by your multi installation. You and also ancientmuse are using this. And for testing you can just start as villager with chickens. ;)

Hawk

I don't have a multi-installation. I used to, long ago, but now it's just one installation, and I make sure when I change mods I edit the registry and delete them from the WinData folder, after unchecking them in game.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Hawk

Well, I'm 7 years into this map. The hunters have got 24 chicken from grouse last year. Still no chickens from the traders, but still no feathers.

Not sure why I had them before.  :-\
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

ancientmuse

@Tom Sawyer

Interesting... I wonder if my multi-installs are having an effect with the North ?  I've never had any weird wonky stuff with the older North mod though, so I have no idea.

But Abandoned mentioned that the Busy Pastures mod adds feathers and I do have that mod installed in my regular banished game, but not in the North 6 game... so I wonder if that mod is somehow cross-effecting the North ?

Freaky.

Anyways, I'll try a fresh new game and see if I still get feathers with my chickens (I don't get them with the grouse).  If I still do then I'll give your feather patch thingy a try and see if that fixes the problem, as long as I can sell the dang feathers to get rid them I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks Tom !

:)

Hawk

I finally got some chickens from the trader so we'll see if i get any feathers from them. I'll have to wait until they start killing them I guess. I have 6 out of 17.

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 18, 2018, 07:23:27 AM
And for testing you can just start as villager with chickens. ;)

DUH! I just saw this.  :-[ Oh well.  ::)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Hawk

OK! I started a villager map and so far the farmer has got 8 chicken (as edible meat) and 9 eggs. No feathers.

I guess it was some kind of fluke on my end.  :-\
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

twilightbreeze

I've never seen "feathers" either, just meat and eggs.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Hawk

@Tom Sawyer - Question: Do I understand correctly that iron and tools are under the same limit flag?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Tom Sawyer

No, both have their own flag as usual. You probably wonder about the limit label in smithy UI. There, only the tool flag can be set.

So your good old Dell .. is running Banished well? ;D

Hawk

It looks like this old Dell runs Banished a little better than the machine that just died. I did take the RAM and video card out of the dead rig and put them in the Dell. Then I ran into problems. Come to find out I never installed any graphics drivers (it was just an Internet computer after all  ::) ). The Dell was running on default drivers. Once I installed the latest drivers for the card I installed, Banished no longer runs like a slide show. As a matter of fact, I can now run it with shadows on.  ;D

As for the flags; that wasn't what I experienced. I had the tools limit set at 100 and I couldn't make anymore iron once I had 100 tools. I even raised the limits of everything else.

I'll go back and try again. Maybe I missed something.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Tom Sawyer

That sounds good @Hawk. Playing without shadows is really no fun.

I tried to reproduce this limit thing but could not. Forging iron stops if the iron limit is reached and tool making if tool limit is reached. Must be something else in your game.

Hawk

OK! Weeellllll!!!! Never mind. I must have been doing something wrong.  :-[

I just tried again and set the tool limit to 50 and had 41 tools and 64 iron and the Blacksmith was still making iron.
I thought I raised all the limits enough before to check this but I guess I didn't.

Sorry!  :-[
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Nilla

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 23, 2018, 05:29:32 PM
You probably wonder about the limit label in smithy UI. There, only the tool flag can be set.

Really?

I thought a bit about this yesterday as I played. I produced glassware and the only limit shown at the glassworks is glass. Glassware belongs to another "flag". It stopped produce and I first was a bit confused because the glass limit was far from reached. It was no big problem. I found the right limit and raised it. But it would be nice to see more than this one limit. When you look at the wood mill from @kid1293, it shows fuel as well as construction limit. So somehow/sometimes it must work with more than one.

I even made a screenshot, because I wanted to ask about this.

I'm glad, too @Hawk, that the game still works. See, some advantage without adult children; you must learn to manage these "computer stuff" yourself. ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Nilla on January 24, 2018, 07:09:36 AM
I'm glad, too @Hawk, that the game still works. See, some advantage without adult children; you must learn to manage these "computer stuff" yourself. ;)

I'm just getting old and lazy. LOL! I can manage this computer stuff. I just don't get the joy out of it like I used to back when I built computers for me and my wife, and friends.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Hawk

A little more on the coats thing. In the screenshots below, note that in the first one, the tailor has 2 reindeer Hides in the shop, but she's walking around idling. According to your website, 1 hide makes 1 coat.

In screenshot 2, note that the tailor has 9 wool in the shop with Nordic Wool Coat selected and she's walking around idling.
In screenshot 3, I selected Wool Coat and she immediately went to work.
I didn't grab a screenshot after that but I changed it back to Nordic Wool Coat and she immediately went back to idling.

I'm a little confused. Your website doesn't say anything about Nordic Wool Coats - that I could find, and it seems that the Reindeer Coat info on your site is not quite right. Maybe changed in the new update?  :-\
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]