Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Version 4 @Hawk? That's older than "old times". ;D

brads3

that's o'k HAWK. why i asked what i was missing. it was late, i knew i must have been reading wrong.never thought about the iron.

posts like this weed problems later when someone has a similar issue. sounds like when i flipped the compatability mod in mod order and took days to figure out why my cows were messed up. the posts are there case i do it agian.

Hawk

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 25, 2018, 05:04:42 AM
Version 4 @Hawk? That's older than "old times". ;D

Tell me about it.  ;D

I'm still trying to get used to getting things set up on this other computer. Everything I have is on a hard drive in an external enclosure and I sometimes open the wrong directory when looking for stuff.
I'm so used to XP this Win 7 stuff is all new and foreign to me. LOL!

Quote from: brads3 on January 25, 2018, 05:45:33 AM
posts like this weed problems later when someone has a similar issue.

Yea, like being a dummy and trying to run an old mod version on a new Banished version. LOL!
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

ancientmuse

@Tom Sawyer

I was finally able to try out a fresh new game, and I'm still getting feathers.  So rather than spending several hours trying to figure out what's giving me feathers, I installed your feather patch and it works perfectly !  Yay !

Vendors are now buying feathers and after 7 hours of game play there have been no crashes or any other problems with the feather patch mod.

Happy dance !

;D

Tom Sawyer

Ok, then let it be the ancient feather mystery.^^ I'm glad the patch works fine.

Just wondering what conflict the mod list shows in details of this patch. The feather containing mod must be mentioned there.

Lord Ectheli¢n

"Adapted Mods

A couple of new mods are adapted to work in the North scenario. These are Despo20 Medieval Houses, EB Saltworks, EB Herbalist, EB Leatherworks and Kids More Houses as well as a couple of DS mods. All mods from the old recommended list like Mini Buildings, Forest Outpost and so on are still working with this version."

When you say this, does it means that this mods are integrated in The North 6 ?
or i have to download them separately? If so, what would be the right way to load all the compatible mods?

Nilla

I'm not @Tom Sawyer but I know, that they are not integrated in the North. You must load them separate. I also know, that they should all be below the North in the mod list. In which order they should be put there, I don't know. I don't think, that the mods you name here, interfere on eachother, so I think, you can put them in any order you like. But here I'm not sure. I guess you'll have to try to find out yourself.

I suggest, you chose the mods you like, and start a game. If there are any strange things, tell the community, and maybe we can help. I use some of the mods you named. I'll show you a list of the mod order. I haven't used buildings from all of them but so far, I have no trouble. I have added most of the mods during the game. I find, that's a good way to find out if something works or not.

Lord Ectheli¢n

Wow! Thank you very much, you are the best  ;D
Edit: Btw do you know if the mod "SlightlyRidiculousStorage" is compatible? because in my first try had to build tons of stockplaces and barns and i think is a little annoying.

Nilla

I have no idea, I have never used that mod. I would simply make a try. 

However, I don't think you need more stockpiles in the North than in a vanilla game. Barns might be true, because the barns you can build without bricks are small, but I like them very much, so I don't mind at all to have many of them. They are also cheap and fast to build, and I find it good to have them on many locations.

Tom Sawyer

Yes, compatible mods have to be placed below the North and normally their order among each other doesn't matter. "Adapted" means to be partly overwritten by the main mod to make them work with certain resources and so on.

SlightlyRidiculousStorage is a tweaking mod for CC and will not have any effect on a Nordic map.

Lord Ectheli¢n

Is it possible to use the Inedible mods with the North? For sugar at least.
And if not, is there some strategy to prevent the banies from eating it.
PS: I'm getting to the end of my first try and i'm loving it, it has a very nice pace alongside the Norseman sub-mod. Until now my favorite banished "overhaul".

Tom Sawyer

@Lord Ectheli¢n The inedible mod from CC would not work properly. Sugar would even lost the import flag and would be never seen again. I think about making sugar inedible to be a reserved material for food production similar to salt. For the current version you can load this patch. It also can be added to a running game but you need to rebuild all bee yards and farmer workplaces to make them able to store the changed sugar. It is then counted together with salt in overview.

NorthSugarPatch.pkm - Makes sugar an inedible additive for food processing and beekeeping.

Nilla

I guess, this might solve the issues I had with my apiary in the last game. In my present game, I haven't bother to build one, because it stood unproductive more than it produced, even if I bought as much sugar as I could.

I also wanted to say, that I don't understand why sugar (and salt) are stored in the warehouse.

Lord Ectheli¢n

Nice TS, i'll try this patch in a new game and see how it works, hopefully i'll be able to finally give proper amounts of mead to my vikings.

Discrepancy

Quote from: Nilla on February 02, 2018, 06:36:26 AM
I also wanted to say, that I don't understand why sugar (and salt) are stored in the warehouse.

... when it rains it will dilute and wash away....  :D