News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-testing RK Editor Choice beta 12

Started by Nilla, April 02, 2018, 03:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i took your save and i took your last screenshot :)
what i wanted to know if all different size of the barns, if citizens interact perfectly with all those 3-4 barns.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Do you mean if they put stuff into them? As far as I've seen all sizes work good. No size is preferred before the others, no size is rejected.

There's not anything in all of the mini stores in that long row, only in those most right. But that's rather because there's no need for so much storage space in that area at the moment. I just built them  because there was a "stupid" piece of free space, I didn't know what to made out of. As you know, I don't plan much in advance so this "just happened". Here I like to fill the map and have as little unused space as possible. Barns could always be useful and I think it looks fun: Like every family in the close house block has their own small storage.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on April 05, 2018, 04:43:24 AM
Do you mean if they put stuff into them?

put stuff, take stuff, and more precisely, where they stand when they interact with the building. do they go to the doors ? near? far? ....

Nilla

Normal, medium, small, tiny barns and granary all work. People go to the door to put/take out stuff. I have seen no one on the side or walking through or some other ugly things.

Turis

@Nilla Wow, my cloak of invisibility works perfectly. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on April 05, 2018, 07:07:13 AM
Normal, medium, small, tiny barns and granary all work. People go to the door to put/take out stuff. I have seen no one on the side or walking through or some other ugly things.

good thanks. so they arent the problem with your lost packs of citizens ?

Nilla

Can't imagine that the barns would be the problem. As I said, I think the stranded people were going to clear land. The second time I wanted them to help the fodder farmer to get rid of trees and rocks, and I guess, that the first group also was going to clear land. It was to a time in the game when I needed more logs and iron, that I could produce, so I always sent people a bit outside the village. (but never that far)  ::) :P

But my other game brings no problems. It grows, nice and easy.:) The nomads have now all died of old age, so I have now a 100% educated population. So I have started to look a bit more on the changed production.

Mining products:
I like the increased production and higher trade values. I have no good numbers. I micromanage a bit; I want enough, but not too much raw material carried around, so I change production and number of workers from time to time. I will produce a bit more continuously and give you some numbers the next time. But it looks like the miners make an annual profit in the range of 200-400 each year. That's a perfect range for products, you produce for your own use. I don't think I had one accident in my mines. Maybe you've gone a bit too far by reducing the professional risk by mining and stone cutting. I don't mind, that it's lower than it was, but not quite this low. (or maybe it was only luck)

I was never a fan of "not burning coal". It makes production of steel tools/carbon tools easier, yes, of course. But, as you might know, I like Banished to be a bit tricky, I like when you need to focus on good locations and good distribution of goods. There's also another aspect: In a game like this (a lot of people on a small area without the trade opportunity) logs for firewood is the limiting thing. It would have been interesting, to try mining for coal, not to replace firewood but to help out. Maybe this is what you want to avoid, but I don't think it's easy to produce enough coal to heat a whole town anyway. In my opinion coal as fuel add more value to the game. (And those who really hate this, could always add the "stop burning coal" separate mod)

It looks like you also had increased the production of the furnace and blacksmith. (or is it only a good location and no coal fuel that make this high production?) I will give you some production numbers next time. The town now has 770 inhabitants and I only have one furnace (that makes iron but also manage to "get rid of" all coppar ore) and until recently I managed to support the whole town with 2 blacksmiths.

I just wrote "get rid of" copper ore. And in fact; I produce copper and put most of it in my trading port (just to get it out of the way, I have all seeds I need). I have noticed this before but never talked about it; I find the amount of copper on the ground too high. In other games I have made some experimenting with copper/copper alloy tools but they are not as good as iron/steel/carbon tools (good that way!) so it's more to get rid of it. In my last game I produced some copper tools for export. You need a little coppar for some buildings but in none of my games I needed to mine for it, there was always more than enough on the ground. (iron and stone are much different). I wouldn't mind, if there would be less coppar on the ground or maybe it could be used more regular. Perhaps in in one of your NMT houses, replacing iron as material (Maybe the house with the nice blue roof. I've also built some of those and like them almost as much as the brick roofs)  :)

Other changes

It looks like you also changed the output from the clay and sandpit. Good! Works fine.

The reduction of food production is small, it's still very easy to produce a lot of food. Mainly because of the profitable farming. The small reduction doesn't make much difference.

You said you had increased the production from the fodder farmer. I haven't noticed an increase of fodder. I think the deadwood is the cause. These dead trees appear on the meadow. That looks weird and reduce the grass production to what it was before.(that amount is OK, it's enough for 2 stables)  Maybe it's not possible to prevent this from happening, I don't know what makes a dead tree "spawn". (picture)

But as I said; the higher production of the mines/quarries makes a difference! The growth of the settlement goes easier. In all other games lack of stone is a limit for development. I often build a couple of more trading ports than I really would need otherwise, just to buy enough stones (and logs, maybe log production could also need an overhaul, I'll write about this the next time). Here I run out of stones from time to time as well, but it's much faster to catch up. I like that! :)

It's only one picture this time. I need a few years more for the next in my row, but then I'll show you some menus with numbers (and as usual get complain from @RedKetchup about my many unemployed)  ;D

RedKetchup

it could be barns the problem because i've got to redo the dummies to interact those buildings, it was one of the rare "interaction" modification i did in that patch, and surprisingly, you started to get trouble with lost people :P

not sure if the professional risk nerf is still there, it is set inside the profession file which is also there i changed the position of each profession to put them in alphabetical order.... so in my book, should be same as vanilla since i "paused" that change of profession file in the patch 12c. probably it is just luck, or maybe i should go back to see there is something i did differently ^^

i can put back the fuel flag to coal :P and yeah, i increased the production of tools, more like it was in vanilla. and i increased the production of everything but a couple i did the opposite to make it slower.

yeah copper/copper alloy tools are a bit less good than counter parts (iron and steel) because it is more easy to make some than their counter parts.
i can lower the copper spawns.

and i should make the deadwood not spawning by the grass :) only by the forest.

Turis

I should be playing a roleplaying game instead of annoying @Nilla with silly posts. In truth, she'd make an excellent dungeon master. Were you a teacher in real life?

Nilla

No comment to the first part! ;)

And NO, no teacher! Are you trying to annoy me? ;)

Turis

Not really. I can't believe that I tried to apologize and now she's the one teasing me. :)

Nilla

@Turis, everything can be made in different ways; sometimes it has the wanted effect, sometimes it triggers something else, sometimes it even triggers the wanted something else. ;)

Anyway, of course I blame all these weird things on you; only you! Not a bugged game, not a glitch in some mod, not my way of squeezing everything together, not bad luck: only your Iberian sorcery! Must find a way to beat it! ;)

As I wrote in that other thread, I had problems yesterday. This is what I wrote:
QuoteFirst it seems to be the forest barns that were weird. It looked like a laborer from any place of the map, walked to one special forest barn to put logs in it. As soon as they started their walk to this barn, the homeless sign was shown. As soon as they put their logs in the barn, the homeless sign was gone. The same thing happend several times, so I demolished this barn, After that they chose another forest barn; now only this, no other barn. I demolished that barn and now they started to walk to a granary barn to bring or get some supply. Again only to this barn. After I demolished this barn, a normal barn was the chosen as "special barn". After this I shut the game!

I'm really not a "quitter" usually I don't give in easily. I had an idea, that I wanted to try, so I started the game again. I looked from where the people came, not so easy with homeless people, but all the time, it looked like they were coming from a special area of the map. And as I've said; as soon as they've delivered their goods to that "far away barn", the homeless sign was gone and they moved back home; into that area. There's a row of houses at the river. On some spots there are a couple of "closed areas"between a house and the river. I also found one closed tile behind a cart, were I occasionally saw people. Such areas are "dangerous". It might happen, that people get in there, get stuck and starve to death. That hasn't happened here, but my guess is, that these areas triggered this strange behaviour. I made some changes; moved that cart, demolished a house and used the levelling tool to open an access to these former closed areas. I can't say for sure, that this definitely solved the problem. It was late and I didn't play all too long, but after I've fixed this; I have had no more homeless wanderers. I hope it'll stay that way.

Pictures

I'll continue my little sequence; first I'll show you some menus, on "39".  This picture also shows my strategy for getting more logs. My 4 foresters aren't enough. I cut the orchards after 1 or 2 years, it also gives a very good control on the numbers of logs; I cut as many orchard as needed.

The second picture shows the "sweet lady" in a former "closed area" . You can see, where I've used the levelling tool.

The houses with the blue roof are almost as nice as the brick roofs. An area suitable for a "seeside rendezvous", like the couple on the fishing dock.

I thought my sequence had to end here. But "thanks to" the bad influence from @Turis ( :P ), I found an opening; Here's the "prophet's song"

"Oh, oh, people of the earth
Listen to the warning
The seer he said
Beware the storm that gathers here
Listen to the wise man"
"Oh flee for your life
Who heed me not let all your treasure make you
Oh fear for your life
Deceive you not the fires of hell will take you
Should death await you"

I tried to follow the advice from the second part above (and the tricks from @RedKetchup); made all people in the area unemployed and let them flee to the other corner of the map to clear some ground. It was disappointing; the storm disappeared almost as soon as it appeared, killing a couple of workers out in the forest and destroyed some trees. That was all!

I need 4 more pictures to finish this. I don´t see, how I can manage the two last, but we´ll see. @Turis might "help out" here again! :)

RedKetchup

lets hope you dont get any problems anymore

Turis

Of course I can, my fair lady @Nilla . First, the town is better off without you. Second, you need to start a campaign to attract people. Perhaps, write messages to your neighbors informing them of the local job opportunities for young families who are willing to travel. Third, also, you may need to raise a militia and men-at-arms guided by veteran soldiers to increase the security of the town from outsiders and establish a permanent group of guardsmen to watch over the essential areas of the town like granaries, main square or plazas, wells and other public buildings such as the town hall and your residence.

RedKetchup

@Tom Sawyer  is offering soon your militia, men at arms, and guardsmen ... :)