News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

More Cheese Please!

Started by child_of_air, May 18, 2018, 11:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

child_of_air

Playing with Red's Creamery, I wished I had more options for various kinds of cheese. Something like Pepper Jack, Goat Cheese, Smoked Gouda, and perhaps a cheese that is soft, such as Brie. It would be nice to be able to put to use some of that leftover produce and trade up in terms of items that have a better trade value.
I'd really love it if someone could create a dairy mod so that we could choose more than just a generic "cheese" at our creameries. And I'd love it if were in a medieval style, or something more similar to pre-colonial times. Tudor style would work too!

Wine, Cheese and bread- the staples of Europe. I don't think they are properly explore enough in the game. Besides.....cheese is just too good to ignore.

River

For goat cheese, you need goats. I love goat cheese, and goat milk. However, no one wants to make real goats.

But other cheese choices would be nice too, I suppose.
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

taniu

Adding a new cheese type to the game is a nice addition - I think you can only change the name - code - but making a goat animation is not that easy. In the game, we have only goat - the spirit created by @ Necora

kid1293

My goats do not move either. It is frustrating not knowing what it takes to make an animation for Banished.
One way to solve it if you really want goat cheese is to have a small shed for goats that produces goat milk and...?
In the shed they can stand still and look occupied :)

Abandoned

;D Yes, that would be nice, an animal shed like the one with cow & chickens or the one with sheep only with a goat for milk and a matching cheese shed. Nice. In assorted textures.  ;D Maybe to match Tiny mod.

River

Goat milk and goat meat. Goat meat is called "chevon" and is actually healthier for you, very lean naturally.
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

Fellow Villager

not so sure...it's full o f cholesterol  :D

child_of_air

I really wouldn't mind a goat shed or barn, where goats stand still and look occupied. That would be great. But I would want the textures to be a decent quality, and the whole building to blend into a medieval theme. You could have several varieties of goat cheese:

Plain
Honey
Herb
Onion Herb or just plain onion flavor

Perhaps with different textures too.  Yum :)

River

Goat Shed, like Sheep Shed, would be nice. Produce chevon, cheese, leather, and milk. Different types of cheese too.

kid1293

If I want to stay simple I can have a goat's shed that produces cheese only.
I have read your comments @child_of_air and this 'Village Cheese' building
produces Queso. Another name for Cottage cheese. They come as Plain, Honey and Herb.
It is a good protein source and there is a good trade value.

No milk for now. Maybe later.

Comments ?

RedKetchup

you need to learn to animate those Kid !!!
8)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

I've tried. They die in the process  ;D

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on May 22, 2018, 07:38:50 AM
I've tried. They die in the process  ;D

^^ thats not so bad... me, thats all my will that die in the process :)

kid1293

Countless hours of reading about cheese.  :D <-- cheesy smile

I have goats. They give Goat Cheese (Not queso or chevre or farm cheese)
I have found countless articles about eating goat cheese and honey but none about mixing honey
into cheese production. So, no honey. Add it yourself to your meal!

Herbs on the other hand - several recipes for making goat cheese with herbs.
Due to limitation in Banished menus I can not write Herb Goat Cheese. It is too long.
To be clear I have to call it Herb Cheese. Adding herbs also gives a higher trade value.

I do not want to add any of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_goat_milk_cheeses
It is too much like spamming the game.

I have only read comment from RK. The rest of you - You don't like goats?  8)
to be continued...

RedKetchup

goat cheese arent called feta ?