News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Working Plot

Started by KatD, March 19, 2018, 04:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatD

I am kinda new to Banished, been playing just a few months.

I know you modders are all kinda awesome, but I am not sure this is possible.

I would like my 'worker' to work a plot of land; So that I would have a small field area (5x5'ish), a few chickens/cows, keep bees and the they work the whole plot...the bees they get to me..I am quite sure they are more than capable of running say 3 aviary per person and not just 1.

Couple other questions...

Do we get horses from the trader at any point?

Do they use wheelbarrows at any point.. I have a large forestry and lumber mill running, but it away from the village, just wondering if a wagon is possibly; I feel kinda sorry for the villages constantly up and down my long lane carrying wood.

brads3

horses for trade can be added.CC has a mod for that.vendors or traders do use wheelbarrows. other bannies do not.to move items from a forest to the village or vise versa,there are some small market mods that do that. some markets will move general goods and some are more specific. in early game play,i rotate a merchant between several markets to keep them stocked and keep items moving out of barns. KID's market puzzle and EB's market set has small pieces that will move more specific items.

your other idea sounds similar to a farm homestead idea i have. a family farm setting that 2 bannies can work and produce enough goods for themselves plus a little more from.small crop field,animal barn and pasture lot,apple or pear tree<in your case a few beehives>,a small storage barn,workshed,and a good size house.they would make their own tools,cut firewood,and process some foods.the farm would would give a mix output without having to switch the bannies around to alll the jobs.

like this:http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1985.msg39811#msg39811

Denis de la Rive

It would have to be a building, several mods do things similar to this, creating goods out of thin air, Kid made one, animal sheds, Descrepancy's towers work like that also. In Red's camp the watch tower's hunter, makes things from virtual bears. The problem is more one of game balance when it comes to creating from nothing, if you get something for free, it should be very small numbers. Many modders don't like going there since you are altering one of the games basic principles, its a dangerous slope towards cheats, which thankfully are absent form mods published here.

If space is an issue, Kid's workplace has one square production sites.

KatD

Yes an Homestead is just what I was thinking! So the family living on the plot do all the bits and pieces, but just get on with them and trade or take to market as well as provide for themselves.

I found the horses, thank you; not that a trader has brought any yet, but I have them on order.

Please keep me updated with your homestead modding.

RedKetchup

something you need to keep in mind, we cannot ask the citizens to "act differently" as the normal do, thats what we call game mechanics.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

@KatD ,  The modder Kid has made a few mods that serve to make homestead/family farm idea.  I use them all to time as I also like to have family farm. 

For a small plot like a "back yard" garden idea, there is Kid's Bakery and Garden mod at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=335.  It has choices of small plots, the largest being 7 x 7, and then various smaller sized.

For a cow and chicken to get eggs and milk, and sheep to get wool, there is Kid's Animal Shed SA 2 at   http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=387

Then, for sure use Kid's Workplace V1.6 mod at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=204.  It adds tiny one person work sites for various things, such as a dairyman to make cheese, butter or yogurt from milk, a grinder to make flour from grains, a preservist to make jam, a tiny bee keeper, baker, tailor, and more.  These tiny work places only take one tile.  There is also a one tile storage shed. 

Regarding the workers not pushing carts when they move wood, stone, etc. to storage areas, they are very strong so don't need them!  :D

KatD

@galensgranny  awesome many thanks. I have them downloaded and ready to go!