Specialized market buildings

Started by Bobbi, October 02, 2014, 03:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fellow Villager

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Is the storage cap of the small market buildings still 1000 each?

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 10, 2014, 05:00:54 PM
I know what you want next.  Here is a sneak preview.  It makes Ale from wheat and herbs.  Sorry about no barley and hops, but that's not within my skill set at this time.   ;D

Oh you temptress!  ;D

I really don't know whether I will be capable of patiently waiting for this. Once this is out the citizens can have a nice Hefeweizen or two while waiting for barley and hops. [emoticon for slightly inebriated contentment]

By the way, in this brewery will wheat continue to be so inefficient for brewing?

slink

@rkelly17, no, 1 whatever of ale will be made from 10 whatevers of wheat and 1 whatever of herbs.  Given that the Banished Ones only eat about 100 whatevers per year of everything put together, and drink 1 whatever of ale all in one go, it makes no sense to require 100 whatevers of wheat for 1 whatever of ale.  I almost imagine that was a typing error.  I'd hate to think how "contented" I would be if I drank, all at once, all of the ale that could have been made from my entire food supply for a year.   ;D

slink

Quote from: irrelevant on October 11, 2014, 07:31:34 AM
Is the storage cap of the small market buildings still 1000 each?

Not for all of them.  That can change for those that are capped at 1000.  Your wish is my command.  No demolition would be required.   ;)

irrelevant

No change needed, I was just wondering. The limit seems appropriate given the low construction cost and the flexibility they provide.

slink

Well, some of them were made larger because the items stored there take up more room.  It seemed silly for an industrial market to be keeping three stone blocks, two pieces of iron, and a log (to exaggerate a little).

rkelly17

For pictures of the vendors in action: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=551.0

Thank you for these @slink. I've been having so much fun.

slink

You are welcome, @rkelly17.  Feel free to try the beta brewery.  It's pretty much okay except that the smoke doesn't come out of the right spots.  It's levitating from the chimneys.

RedKetchup

if they are levitating, you mean floating over the chimney ? then bring the box dummy closer to the ground. (even if it means to put it at 6 inches from the ground ^^)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

As I said, creating new smoke points and moving them to a lower and more forward position before including them in the group with points did not move where the smoke is coming out in the game.  Maybe it requires a much greater movement, but not tonight.   ;)

Fellow Villager

does the tailor shop collect every textile? also cloth?

slink

The tailor shop should collect everything flagged Textile inside its definition.

Edit:

Here is the set of flags for what the standard barn will hold.

RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Tool | Health | Clothing | Textile;