News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

[Beta] Tree Of Life

Started by Darkbibou, March 12, 2015, 01:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkbibou

Hello everyone,

I'm opening a new topic here to discuss with the World Of Banished community about my new mod project that I've called "Tree Of Life" :)

The main discussion thread about this mod is on the ColonialCharter forum: ToL on the CC forum

Feel free to participate to the discussion here or there at your convenience :)

This new mod will, if everything goes as expected, contains the following content:

1) Wild animals

- All the types of livestocks (of the basegame: cows, sheeps, chickens) will be able to live in the wild (like the deers)
- The hunting cabin will be able to hunt for any sort of wild animals and produce wild animals skins and wild animals meats.
- New building: Tannery. The tanney will convert animal skins into standard leather (ie. usable by the tailor, etc.)

2) Wild fruit trees

- The fruit trees will be able to grow in the wild
- The wild fruit trees will generate harvestable resources (ie that the citizens can collect (same system that in my Busy laborers mod)) that will look like a cornucopia.

Of course, if the wild fruit tree is an apple tree, it will generate apples. If it's a cherry tree it will generate cheries, etc.

Downloads:

Here is a google drive link to the first alpha version of the mod that contains the animal part of the mod (unfinished): Download

Here is a google drive link to the 3rd alpha version of the mod: Download

You will have to start a new game to test this mod and select one of the [ToL] starting condition to see the wild animals :)

Please remember that this is not a stable mod and that you should backup your data before using it ;)

Help needed:

Although I can make the code on my own (more or less lol), I'm not a 3D modeler and I will need help for making the 3D models.

@Maal , have already made me the cornucopia model but I'm now searching someone for the Tannery building :)

Someone on the CC forum had published a capture of a tannery building that looks really good but he does not answer my messages :(

So @RedKetchup: Do you want to try your hands on this kind of building ? Pleeeaaassse help ! :D

[Edit] The creator of the tannery 3D model have finally answered me so he will try to finalize is work on it :)[/Edit]

assobanana76

great "vegan" (partly) mod!!  ;D
again thank you!!

I have a question ..
not having "busy laborers" what happens?
the fruits will grow and will fall without anyone picking them or will anyway vanilla laborers without giving any order?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Darkbibou

Quote from: assobanana76 on March 12, 2015, 02:17:09 AM
I have a question ..
not having "busy laborers" what happens?
the fruits will grow and will fall without anyone picking them or will anyway vanilla laborers without giving any order?

I havn't work on this part at the moment.

Maybe I will include all the Busy Laborers content into TreeOfLife or maybe I will just add 1 (or more) specific collect buttons, I dunno at the moment :)

RedKetchup

pour le moment je suis un peu occupé, Dark. peut-être plus tard :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Darkbibou

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 13, 2015, 03:00:42 PM
pour le moment je suis un peu occupé, Dark. peut-être plus tard :)

Ok Red :)

By the way, was it you who did the cow "reskin" in your "Dairy milk and cremery" mod please ?

gerns

i think this great addition to the game -but-after playing a new game putting your mod on top the que. and using the cc mod after 2 years of hunting - the hunter only harvested i chicken and 6 eggs .i saw other animals but they where out of range .i don't know if that can be adjusted or not.i also noted the tanner was there and i'm very good with that addition. but i no longer had a clothier???,over all i would and will keep  using the mod.im sorry i cant help you with this project as i am only a user and don't know anything about what you are so great at.  gerns

Darkbibou

Quote from: gerns on March 14, 2015, 04:19:39 PM
i think this great addition to the game -but-after playing a new game putting your mod on top the que. and using the cc mod after 2 years of hunting - the hunter only harvested i chicken and 6 eggs .i saw other animals but they where out of range .i don't know if that can be adjusted or not.

The number of animal killed during one year in a hunting cabin should not be affected by the greater variety of wild animals.
I don't know how the game creator has coded the hunting process (we do not have access to it in the modkit) so I can't tell if the animal must be physically present in the radius to be being chased and killed (but i think so). I might consider enlarging the radius in the next alpha.

By the way, you should try to place your hunting cabin near big wild animals, they are producing much resources ^^

Quote from: gerns on March 14, 2015, 04:19:39 PMi also noted the tanner was there and i'm very good with that addition. but i no longer had a clothier???

The tannery currently have the appearance of the tailor (I don't have a new 3D model at the moment) but it's a different building.

The tailor still exists and if I'm not wrong, the clothier is the upgraded version of the tailor. Do you have the upgrade button on your tailor building ?

I've made an update of the hunting cabin and the tannery yesterday night. There will be only one type of animal skin in the next alpha version to reduce the burden of always switching types in the tannery.

I've made progress on the wild free trees too but this is not ready for testing at the moment (I want the trees to be clustered and they are evenly distributed on the map right now).

chillzz

I have to say this is a magnificent mod as addition to the game :)
I believe someone tried before (with hares/rabbits) but didn't succeed, yet you do manage to make it into a viable mod :D

Quote from: Darkbibou on March 15, 2015, 01:24:36 AM
...so I can't tell if the animal must be physically present in the radius to be being chased and killed (but i think so).

I have not seen any animals ever being killed outside the radius of the hunters cabin (meat and leather pickup) , so this must be an correct assumption.

---------
Wouldn't it be a great addition to have an x in y chance to "acquire" seeds from wild crops, or have the ability to catch wild animals for husbandry  ?
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

assobanana76

my stupid question of the early morning.
maybe I already asked elsewhere and then I apologize.
if I build a fence without pasture and without putting animals in and no worker, the "new wild animals" will approach?
if not, if I put the cows in the pasture with a worker, something changes?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

the wild animals go whatever they want, no mods can decide where they go, they roaming where the RNG want them to roam, there is no fence that can stop them. ^^
just check the deers, they go where ever they want :)

assobanana76

ok! then I will build feeders in my farmhouse in case they decide to feed themselves more easily in the winter!  ;D
they will know that I did not wring never a hair!

gerns

i have one question why is the tanner trying to tan chicken skins  ;D. by the way the animals started coming into my hunting zone after a couple of seasons. all is good

RedKetchup

Quote from: gerns on March 16, 2015, 07:15:35 AM
i have one question why is the tanner trying to tan chicken skins  ;D. by the way the animals started coming into my hunting zone after a couple of seasons. all is good

personally i prefer grilled and roasted chicken skins :) thats the most delicious part when i go buy a roasted chicken :)

irrelevant

That was my thought as well; nice crispy chicken skin.  :P ;D ;)

RedKetchup

hmmmm you are making me hungry @irrelevant   ;D