Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Market Food V4

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 01:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Kid - Market Food V4

"This mod adds a Grill, a Soup Kitchen, and a Fall Food stand."

New in V4 - Small and Large Roast. Stew kitchen.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=206

RedKetchup

hmmmm all these little dishes.... make bannies hungry !  ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

Looks like the dogs and cats get to eat too.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

Last update for today!   :)

I have made the two mods (BBQ and soup) into one. They still have their buttons in the usual place.

And a late Thank you! to @Necora who showed how to AO-map in Blender.

Maldrick

Thank you, @kid1293 .  This mod is a favorite of mine.

Just curious, since I've been seeing it in your other updates...What does AO mapping do?
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

embx61

@Maldrick

AO stands for Ambient Occlusion.

In the 3d modeling software you select a VRay which shoots rays at your mesh.
Pieces in shadow and crevices get less light then a roof in the full sun.

Then the 3d model software creates a so called AO map. basicly a grayscale texture what in the code you link to.
The game does the rest.

It is to see in the game when buildings have proper AO maps or not. Look closely at some buildings you know the creator added AO maps.
You see when the seasons change a slight color change on the building. Also the snow is on buildings is affected by AO maps

It is a bit more complicated but that is it in a nutshell
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Necora

@kid1293 the updates look fantastic  ;D ;D ;D

@Maldrick I just happened to be testing a building when I saw your post here. When I test how a model looks in game I usually do so before making a build stage, so I code the build stage in as the same model as the final building, but with an AO of just a pure white texture. The final building has the full AO. I took some screenshots and made a montage so you can see the difference (attached to the end of this post).

The two images on the left are the build stage without AO, the two on the right are roughly the same angle/zoom of the final building with AO. You can see in this one the change is subtle because there is a lot of contrasting colour, but look especially at the doors and crevices under the overhanging roof where there are lots of white components and in the AO version you will see plenty of shading in the creases where as on the non-AO version the detail is almost not visible.

Maldrick

@Necora Thanks for the pic.  I see what you mean.  It's subtle but there's a difference.  Nice detail.

Dig the building, by the way.

RedKetchup

the bottom of the building is weird, you need to see the stone foundations go touch the ground in the bottom of the river, and not floating on the water.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 14, 2017, 05:14:49 AM
the bottom of the building is weird, you need to see the stone foundations go touch the ground in the bottom of the river, and not floating on the water.

Which is why it was to test ;) anyway, the pic was just to show the AO because I happened to have it, forget the building... I don't want to hijack @kid1293 thread here. Back to his wonderful work everyone!

kid1293

More work?

Just kidding, I released (final) update to Plimoth Plantation.
An overhaul is sometime needed to see if there is anything
needed. You look at mods in a new light after some time.

How can I make a sunflower disappear in winter?
It's too big and solid to move like a billboard.
It's part of another mesh, so I can't make it all
temperature dependent. :)

Necora

@kid1293 , @Bartender is the one to ask for that. A while ago he had me a foliage material that disappeared in winter, which will do what you need it to do, but I never got around to using it. It is somewhere in my mod kit, but he would be able to give you the correct files and how to use them. If I remember correctly the srsl had to be edited... which is far beyond my capabilities.