News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES: Vicks #6

Started by brads3, November 13, 2017, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 10

we have a decent start.our population has grown by 18.i did get 1 set of nomads which is less than i would have hoped.we have an assortment of food and are well stocked.we built 10 houses,a clinic,and school.other than more boarding houses,the village has enough to deal with nomads.to support the future city,we are producing fodder and thatch.the hunters are also collecting pelts and furs for better coats.

as females mature to 16 or 17 years of age,we add more housing.we also work to maintain the material pile at 80-90% so we can continue to expand and build smoothly.
     in late spring,12 more nomads arrive.we will need an EB western housefor stable workers.others should work to boost our food as we continue expanding to the east.we add a pumpkin gh and fence a playground by the school.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: inventory
pic 3: EB farmhouse
pic 4: pimpkin gh and school playground

brads3

YEAR 11

we clear a bean field.since we have food and herbs growing in the meadows,we add a herbalist from the pine mod.hopefully he will work to harvest both and maybe some duck eggs as well.most of the nat div plants are growing in the thatchside of the meadow. the fodder is quite thick by now.now that we have new graduates from the school, we add another crop field and barn during the winter.

pic 1: pine herbalist
pic 2: bean field

brads3

YEAR 12

We have 1 female that doesn't want to move.we added several houses yet at 19,she has not moved out.we will build another plymouth house north by the gh's.we have a single male,who came with the nomad groups,and a couple single females between 15-17.when elle finally moved out,i realize she had a 17 yr old sister also living at home.
      we also will expand east and build EB's wharehouse. this will give us space to move goods as we clear farther. it will also help move items later from the production area to the city.we also add a barn to store more fertilizer near the horses.a chesnut orchard is planted to break the meadow from the village.the next graduate was sent to increase the fodder production.

pic 1: elle finally moved
pic 2: EB wharehouse

brads3

YEAR 13

While the bannies continue to clear more land,i will take a minute to point out a couple things.the terraform option is handy at times to clear a hill that is in your way.it has limitations however. i tried to make the ponds as round as i could. i also tried using NECOAR's riffle mod to help along the edge of the horse pasture.i do hope he regroups and returns to us. he brought some nice additions to the game. the riffle mod doesn't dig deep enough to hit the banished water table.there is another terraform mod that will dig down to the water but it still doesn't dig sloping rounded banks.
    i have the decor squares and a road mod to paint the ground with.the decor squares worked in the meadow so the thatch and fodder will grow through them. road spaces would have prevented regrowth of trees and shrubs but also the fodder and thatch.the invisible space mod will prevent growth but not paint the ground. all 3 options have uses.the invisible space od comes with astretchable field option that works good for larger lawn areas or city parks with ghosted trees.the only issue between the 3 is they don't blend together.the texture is different so it is a sudden change at the edges. in some cases you might end up with a line between them as well.even painting the edge with the decor squares will be noticeable.
i will say the decor squares covers with snow very nicely.just information for new players on why we add so many different mods sometimes.
     i didn't use triple-wide roads yet.it will allow regrowth now so i have more logs later.later i can decide which roads i want to use.i also haven't harvested to the west so those materials can be used to build the city later.
     with the greenhouses,the food production is more balanced throughout the year. this is helpful when taking nomads since new houses will deplete the food stocks from the barns.some might call it a cheat but it depends on how you use them.
   storage still has a learning curve. with so many options and 1.06 and 1.07 mods,there are items that only store is some.even with the CC upgraded and the various cellars,some stuff stores awkward.some is controllable with mod order.the compatability mods help but don't fix all issues of the different limit flags.that isn't a complaint,just an observation. there are many 1.06 barn and market mods that i do like to use.each modder has brought us new 1.07 storage options that do help.it is easy though to drop barns and forget what they will or won't store.the bannies do seem to scatter items around more than before.that is both good and bad. they will store textiles all over for tailors but also store fertilizer near food.

while the laborers were busy clearing to the east. the builders built another DS hovel for the meadow. they also started a boardinghouse to the east to help move future nomads toward the production area.the nomad start village is stable and maintains at 1000-1500 firewood,10,000 food with a 4000 bump at fall harvest,tools at 350,and clothing at 250 just leathercoats.we do have furs and pelts in storage.

pic 1: squarish terraform pond
pic 2: edged textures near the orchard
pic 3: 5 yr food graph
pic 4: meadow housing
pic 5: old boardinghouse

brads3

YEAR 14

to keep school graduates busy,we add a field and expand the orchard near the meadow. we add a storage shed for the new bardinghouse and a wildwest market.since the bannies have the time,they will collect bees for an apiary near the apple orchard.by fall our vendor has the new corner market stocked.
     for some reason,the bannies kicked 2 teenagers out and they are now living in the boardinghouse.the pair will need a new house.this is very unusual for them especially since 1 is still attending school.sadly we also have our 1st death. the thatcher died of,get this,hay fever.we almost hung the doctor for not telling him to change careers.

pic 1: chesnut and walnut orchards
pic 2: conerstore
pic 3: kicked out teens
pic 4: 1st death

galensgranny

Quotewe also have our 1st death. the thatcher died of,get this,hay fever.we almost hung the doctor for not telling him to change careers.

Ha ha ha!   ;D   That is so funny!

brads3

kid1293

Don't worry @brads3 - It is like a TV show. We are all in a coma, watching. :)

brads3

YEAR 15

it is a quiet year.the apiary is finished and more land is cleared near it.this will send logs to the main pile for the woodchopper.
    i did notice an odd minor glitch. the pumpkin gh worker shows he needs a tool even though we are well stocked.happens off and on randomly. another farmer goes homeless walks into a barn and then it clears seems to happen when he steps near or through the pumpkin gh.the glitches don't seem to cause problems but are unusual. i have kept checking the boardinghouses and noone else has been kicked out and living there.the world of bannished is legendary at causing the bannies to do strange things.

pic 1:apiary
pic 2: odd glitch

brads3

YEAR 16

we continue clearing to the east.with EB's irrigation mod,my water shows up different. it looks like the small stream way to the east is the main river.as it is,we have cleared to the main river and can start work on production buildings.
       late spring brings 21 nomads.1 will work the apiary,a greenhouse will be added near the horse stable to use the fodder,and a cropfield will be cleared by next spring to supply enough food.this will leave over 10 workers to start producing materials for the city.these nomads broght dysentary with them,so our doctor is busy and is cleared up quickly..
       the bannies fill the wharehouse quickly,a temporary material pile is set up  to help store materials.finally work begins on a bridge over the river and an industrial market.snow comes early and we only have 1 new house built.the foundation is has been layed for the 2nd and the 3rd a light house is planned by the river. to help our firewood,workers clear south along the dividing road to send logs to the chopper during the winter.we did have our 2nd death,a laborer due to old age.since our oldest bannie is only mid 40's,we think it was more heart related combined with the cold.

YEAR 17
      now that the industrial market is complete,we expnd it adding a farmers market for food.we empty the temporary pile now that it is no longer needed.once the bridge allows us to access the other side of the river,we realize we have a mountain for mining materials. a set of 2 story rowhouses will be added near the market square along with an office to help organize the production. a smaller set of rowhouses will be built across the river for the miners.as winter comes early,once again work slows down.the workers continue moving materials to supply construction projects.they also clear a new cropfield to increase our food reserves.

pic 1: main river map note how the far east stream shows up more than the main river
pic 2: fodder greenhouse
pic 3: housing foundation
pic 4: production market square

brads3

year 18
      TO speed things up, i consider adding more builders.that will not work as not all projects are supplied yet.the laborers continue clearing land.we did manage to get a soapairy built. this will help our health and give us a trade item later.we add a farmhouse for the new crop. this set of nomads seem to have disagreements cause they like to move into houses alone.

YEAR 19
     since we need stone,the workers begin clearing land and carrying supplies for a stone-salt mine as well as a claypit.
mini RH's will be used to house workers for the mining.by summer work has sped up now that the workers are living closer.only 1 large family remains in our boardinghouses.
     by fall,the bannies have settled their differences and only 1 remains living alone.checking our housing,i find we have 2 16 year old males still living with parents. i also find our oldest bannie,a hunter,is 64.
     we have 20 laborers but only 2 in the mining area.sine we have extra workers living in the main village,we add a blueberry patch near the meadow and clear land for another veggy crop.our single vendor has kept all markets well stocked. we will add log and stone carts to supply the village blacksmith and chopper.a tiny wood chopper is started near the industrial square to supply the new houses.a small market is planned east of the river to help store items there.to keep more workers busy,a lumber cutter is set beside the soapairy with a small barn and a furriers hut is built to make peltcoats.we will still stockpile our furs.
    through winter,our food stocks actually increaased.the fur hut is being finshed and we need to go dig more of the mine,otherwise the bannies have everything caught up.for some reason 2 pairs of teens moved back into a boardinghouse.our homeless glitch near the pumpkin gh continues but he at least finds his way back to his home.this appears to be 2 separate glitches.of course this happened right when i thought everyone was finally housed.

pic 1: soapairy
pic 2: more food worker housing
pic 3: mining village
pic 4: lumber cutter,office,and 2 story RH's
pic 5: log and stone carts

RedKetchup

the Lighthouse really need to be redone with Transparency Glass Technologyâ„¢

^_^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

brads3

but then we will need a huge bonfire and mirrors in it.