News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA of the Brewery

Started by slink, October 11, 2014, 01:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

then put this mesh in the recycle bin, and start over with a fresh new design :) or draw some box 1m x 1m by 0,1m over it, just let them get out enough they overwrite and see your new textures instead of these horrible colors :)

you are starting to be better, i m starting to push you :)

do you know where i started ?
i was trying to find the pencil of paint.exe in 3ds max and i was raging really blue cause nowhere i could find it and i was insulting with loud voice all the developper of this stupid program made for nerds. and i was telling them all the fleas the earth can hold ^^

it is there i started :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

I really liked the blue.  I didn't think it was that horrible.  It just wasn't appropriate for the time and the place.  :)

slink

The model is perfect now.  The mod isn't.  So far I've been unable to get anyone to bring herbs to the building and leave them there.  At first that was because I had forgotten to let them store herbs there.  I changed that.  Then it was because there was no room with all of the wheat, so I increased the storage.  Now ... it is my bedtime and I have not yet relaxed in a hot bath.  *sigh*  Tomorrow I will pursue the issue.  I know it should be possible to combine two things because the toolmaker does so, but there is no sign in the toolmaker code how it is prevented from using all the storage for one thing and leaving no room for the other.  Perhaps it simply divides by the number of things being used.

irrelevant

The toolmaker doesn't have storage, nor does the tailor. It's different from the tavern that way. I notice that the smith, tailor, and chopper never take in more than 9 of each raw material at one time. The tavern though takes in 100, and also self-stores its output, where the others just put them on the ground outside (the coats get hung on the clothesline). So it's a completely different model.

Pangaea

This appears to be somewhat unique for the tavern - at least I can't find it in the files for the blacksmith, market, hunter or gatherer.

StorageLocationDescription storagelocation
{
    RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Alcohol;
}

Think that the others mentioned only carry 9 because they can't carry more, and at that time they already have e.g. logs, so no need to get more of that until it's empty. If there was more than 1 worker per building, perhaps it could get messed up. With 1000 storage for the toolmaker there is a lot of leeway, though.

RedKetchup

a citizen can carry 50 weight i think. and wheat worth 0,5 so he can carry 100. logs has a different weight.

btw slink, i see you didnt fixed your footprint, you simply changed and took another one innapropriated ^^

photoshop ! or even windows paint.exe if you have nothing !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 12, 2014, 04:00:10 AM
a citizen can carry 50 weight i think. and wheat worth 0,5 so he can carry 100. logs has a different weight.

btw slink, i see you didnt fixed your footprint, you simply changed and took another one innapropriated ^^

I think the footprint looks fine.  It doesn't go all the way to the posts on the edges, but it is close enough and can hardly now be mistaken for a large, artificially square, section of farming land.  I call it appropriate and I call the graphics finished.   ;)

BTW, I use Picture Publisher 8, in a VMWare copy of WinXP, for anything Paint can't handle.  It's a shame that Corel bought out Micrografx and then sank the program.  I guess they wanted to eliminate the competition.

slink

Today's progress so far is that they will stock the brewery with Wheat and Herbs, for making Ale, or with Honey, for making Mead, but not then actually do anything with those resources.  They will happily switch back and forth, but not ever begin brewing.  More examination of code is required.   :)

Aha!  The building's window doesn't have the up-and-down arrows for allocating workers, because the file I copied from only allows for one worker.  There's something I can fix.   :)

Bobbi

@slink, I downloaded the brewery version 2 and I have a question. Why is it listed under food? Does that maybe have something to do with the problems stocking? Not a modder, so don't know what is involved here, but the tavern is not listed under food.

slink

I guess it's because I think of beer as food.  It certainly has calories.   ;D

But no, where it shows up in the menu system doesn't change how it works.

Pangaea

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 12, 2014, 04:00:10 AM

It's 100 weight btw. Logs/stone/iron weigh 11, so they can take 9 of that. Leather is apparently 10, so they could carry 10 I guess (not paid attention to leather going to the tailor), but as a hunter will get max 6 per kill, that is what they'll take most of the time. Vendors have 500, and one can see them carry off 500 apples, or 125 firewood (weight 4).

Oh, there is also a _carryscale set in many files, but I've no idea what that does. Is it just for the model itself, that is maller when people carry it as opposed to when it's stored somewhere? No idea really.

@slink : GIMP is a free program for photoediting, so perhaps that could be a viable alternative. Often use Paint myself, but also have an old version of Photoshop which is good when Paint does not suffice. But think GIMP is good, although not as great as Photoshop for more professional editing tasks. Amusingly, sometimes Paint is better than Photoshop. Does my head in that there isn't an easy way to draw those colour 'frames' in Photoshop, for things you want to highlight in a picture very quickly. The most expensive isn't always the best :)

Bobbi

Beer is good food, grain (carbs) none of that light low calorie beer for me, give me some Sly Fox Dunkel Lager or Phoenix Pale Ale. Of course, wine is even better. Penn's Woods Traminette or Ameritage Reserve, Black Walnut 2010 Merlot, Amethyst or even Apple wine, Galer Estates Alberino or Chardonnay....mmmmm......

slink

Quote from: Pangaea on October 12, 2014, 11:38:59 AM
@slink : GIMP is a free program for photoediting, so perhaps that could be a viable alternative. Often use Paint myself, but also have an old version of Photoshop which is good when Paint does not suffice. But think GIMP is good, although not as great as Photoshop for more professional editing tasks. Amusingly, sometimes Paint is better than Photoshop. Does my head in that there isn't an easy way to draw those colour 'frames' in Photoshop, for things you want to highlight in a picture very quickly. The most expensive isn't always the best :)
Is there something wrong with Picture Publisher 8?

Nilla

Quote from: Bobbi on October 12, 2014, 11:42:29 AM
Beer is good food, grain (carbs) none of that light low calorie beer for me, give me some Sly Fox Dunkel Lager or Phoenix Pale Ale. Of course, wine is even better. Penn's Woods Traminette or Ameritage Reserve, Black Walnut 2010 Merlot, Amethyst or even Apple wine, Galer Estates Alberino or Chardonnay....mmmmm......

Have you ever tried a oak-barreled-stored Tempranillo Reserva from Spain? That is something good!!!!!!!  ;D

Pangaea

Quote from: slink on October 12, 2014, 12:12:20 PM
Quote from: Pangaea on October 12, 2014, 11:38:59 AM
Is there something wrong with Picture Publisher 8?

Probably not, I haven't tried it myself so don't know anything about it, but just offered an alternative that is quite popular if you wanted to check out alternatives. If it works well, no reason to change of course.