News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - overrideMap

Started by kid1293, March 06, 2021, 08:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

taniu

@kid1293  ;D ;D ;DThank you very much . I have a question - is this entire collection playable to the top of the list? or just pick 1 map from this list - which won't disturb other map mods? Second question is it possible - create a map with different landscape elements to give this map a fantastic look, e.g. - add blue ice with KidIceCastleV1.0 mod, red desert - KidRedDesert, KidSwampThingV1.0, or wildlife - forests, amazing mountains etc. :-[ :P - it's just my idea, it's a pity that I can't create such a map myself. :( Regards

kid1293

Terrain and map are two different things @taniu
Maybe I start terrain editing someday.

No. You can not have different map mods loaded at the same time.

JM

Is it possible to create some additional mods that would change only land textures - grass, cliffs, fields, cemeteries, pastures and  orchards?
Something as Voeille's LushAndGreen, which changes only land textures and does not change starting conditions, so can be added above any start mod.

kid1293

Hi.

Yes, it is possible. The main problem is to change all textures. They use the same name on
some terrains. Cemetery, pasture... But making them one by one should be no problem.
I will think about it. I don't promise anything.

taniu

@kid1293 ;DThank you for the quick answer. You have to forgive me, I have ideas, but unfortunately I can't handle the technique of the game or modeling buildings, terrain, etc. I realize now that you can't add various elements from other maps, but the idea @ JM, only a specific change plants, is it possible to improve land tests. If I have your mods with initial conditions, I can only overwrite 1 such mod - yes? And if I apply CC mods - there are also many initial conditions - I tried to apply to Redketchup Editor - if there was an Editor at the beginning, there were all wild animals in the forest - if at the beginning CC - wild animals disappear - I think this is how the game mechanics work? :-\ :)Regards

Gatherer

If I raise the lake floor on these maps what colour will it be? Vanilla brownish or green grass?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

kid1293

It depends on the textures on Rock and Dirt.
My maps use only vanilla, so yeah, dirt...

I will think about terraformers when I make textures.

The game makes it like this.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --- flat land
xxxxx grass xxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yyyyy rock yyyyy  ----the river starts on the slope
zzzzzz dirt zzzzzz  ----the river bottom
zzzzzz dirt zzzzzz  ----the river bottom
yyyyy rock yyyyy  ----the river starts on the slope

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx grass xxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will have to replace both Rock and Dirt with Grass to make the surface even