News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trader frequency

Started by Ogedei, October 14, 2015, 05:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogedei

Are there any particular factors that influence trader visitations? If so, how would one get them to come more frequently?

A Nonny Moose

Multiple TPs get you multiple traders, but I think the cycle is annual.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

irrelevant

It starts out more or less annually as @A Nonny Moose has said, but as your population increases, the merchant boats will come more often. I think this maxxes out around pop 500(?), and the boats will come every 5-7 months or so.

Ogedei

Does the number of people working at the trade post also factor into it?

RedKetchup

no, the number of poeple working at the trading post doesnt influence the merchant frequency.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on October 14, 2015, 05:36:00 AM
It starts out more or less annually as @A Nonny Moose has said, but as your population increases, the merchant boats will come more often. I think this maxxes out around pop 500(?), and the boats will come every 5-7 months or so.

And, as the population increases they bring more stuff and larger amounts of each item.

RedKetchup

Quote from: rkelly17 on October 24, 2015, 11:26:11 AM
And, as the population increases they bring more stuff and larger amounts of each item.

that yes. bigger total population = more frequenly. (thats  in the code)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tomnobles

Being in favor with the Random Gods helps also.  :)

A Nonny Moose

Speaking of random gods, this is an empirical observation but I've been trying some map keys that were of the style "power of 2 + 1" and in some cases have had crashes to the desktop.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

tomnobles

Hope this isn't off topic but, I seem to recall a mod that had traders carrying all goods. Can anyone point me to it?

tomnobles

Thanks, got it, I'll try it later. Playing with a vanilla game right now. Six trading posts plus orchards and I can't keep fruit for taverns. First few times they came, I was thinking of reducing the purchase amount and next I know taverns started popping stop icons. Watched the trading posts for a while and a lot were coming with fruit, almost all of them, but each one now has only one fruit instead of a variety. Everyone I saw for two years was that way.

I don't really want to go through that again, so again, thanks for the link.

irrelevant

The key to ale production is to standardize on a single fruit type, and to place orders with food and general goods merchants for that type of fruit (in addition to anything else you want).

tomnobles

Don't see the fruit type. All it shows is "Fruit". I did think of wiping out all orchards and changing them to one, btu that's too much trouble (39 orchards) .

Nilla

Quote from: tomnobles on October 26, 2015, 08:29:38 PM
Don't see the fruit type. All it shows is "Fruit". I did think of wiping out all orchards and changing them to one, btu that's too much trouble (39 orchards) .
Can't understand that. You say you play vanilla? It seems more like some mod to me. In the vanilla brewery, there's a menu where you chose the fruit to use. As @irrelevant says; the key to a high ale production is to use only one fruit.

You could easily change the kind of fruit in your orchards with a small trick: Change the fruit to the one you want to use (say apples) at all orchards. The old fruit will be harvested as usual, but as soon as a tree dies, it is replaced with apples. It will take some time, but is easy. (unless you use a mod for immortal trees, than it doesn't work that way)