News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Ultimate Challenge: 5,000 Citizens

Started by solarscreen, August 13, 2014, 09:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

Quote from: irrelevant on September 22, 2014, 01:24:48 PM
So, my town Sink Mill and I made it to 5000 yesterday. For details, see the blog at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=327.0

Just for the record, I am continuing to work on this town, and will continue to update the blog. I'll also let everyone know when I accept more than 472 nomads and survive  ;)

Congrats!  I'll see if I can get you added to the Champions page for this challenge.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on September 24, 2014, 07:38:47 AM
@RedKetchup Merci mon ami!

I wonder what the record is for the number of deaths due to a disease outbreak? I'm probably in the running for that award as well! ;D

haha if number of death challenge would exists.... i doubt i can beat you on that one ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I could  - not disease but starvation, my record is 1700 and tonight I managed about 1100  :'(

irrelevant

@solarscreen pop 6000; now what? ;) ;D

I know, that wasn't the challenge, j/k  ;)

solarscreen

Quote from: irrelevant on October 08, 2014, 06:58:54 PM

@irrelevant

INCREDIBLE!

I created a new group just for you, Grand Master, now to get it to show up on in your post info block.

I have a Gift Code that contains:
Myst: Masterpiece Edition
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition
Capitalism 2
Sid Meier's Colonization

It's all yours if you want it.

Put up some more screen caps and an overview of your accomplishment on your Blogs board thread.  That's one amazing town!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

RedKetchup

assobanana76

6000 citizens vegans ???
Wow! compliments !!
then it is possible !!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

irrelevant

Quote from: assobanana76 on October 09, 2014, 02:42:39 AM
6000 citizens vegans ???
Wow! compliments !!
then it is possible !!
@assobanana76 No, this town isn't vegan, that was a different challenge. Although now that I have no pastures and no hunters, it is pescetarian. ;)

irrelevant

Quote from: solarscreen on October 08, 2014, 08:58:22 PM
Quote from: irrelevant on October 08, 2014, 06:58:54 PM

@irrelevant

INCREDIBLE!

I created a new group just for you, Grand Master, now to get it to show up on in your post info block.

I have a Gift Code that contains:
Myst: Masterpiece Edition
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition
Capitalism 2
Sid Meier's Colonization

It's all yours if you want it.

Put up some more screen caps and an overview of your accomplishment on your Blogs board thread.  That's one amazing town!
@solarscreen  My goodness, I wasn't trolling for goodies, thanks!  ;D But more games isn't something that my wife would thank you for.  ;) You should save those for the winners of other challenges.

You and @RedKetchup are very kind.

I'll put up some more screenshots this evening.

Nilla

I am back from my holidays in Spain and have looked a bit on this web-side, what has happened in the 10 days I was gone.
Although I am a big fan of RedKethup´s developments, I think; this is the most impressive thing that has happened in my absence! Population 6000! Without any mods! Grand Master; that is the real title for you!

My congratulations! :)

rkelly17

Congratulations @irrelevant! This is a stunning achievement. I can only imagine how long it took for the citizens to get much of anything done at this level.

RedKetchup

he has an angelic patience, and an angelic computer lol. (me after 2200 pop it s 1x all th way, 2x change nothing more than a 1x.

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 09, 2014, 06:52:07 AM
he has an angelic patience, and an angelic computer lol. (me after 2200 pop it s 1x all th way, 2x change nothing more than a 1x.
@RedKetchup I do have an Intel HD 4600 graphics processor, I understand this is a pretty good one.
Quote from: rkelly17 on October 09, 2014, 06:50:21 AM
Congratulations @irrelevant! This is a stunning achievement. I can only imagine how long it took for the citizens to get much of anything done at this level.
@rkelly17 Thanks so much! Yes, it was painful at times. Merchant boats are the worst.
Quote from: Nilla on October 09, 2014, 06:44:40 AM
I am back from my holidays in Spain and have looked a bit on this web-side, what has happened in the 10 days I was gone.
Although I am a big fan of RedKethup´s developments, I think; this is the most impressive thing that has happened in my absence! Population 6000! Without any mods! Grand Master; that is the real title for you!

My congratulations! :)
@Nilla Thank you! That is high praise indeed. Welcome back to Banished, looking forward to more blogging from you.

But I must disagree with you, my pop 6000 was just a stunt; @RedKetchup is making the game better for everyone. He is the true Master!  :D

Pangaea

Quote from: irrelevant on October 09, 2014, 08:11:15 AM
@RedKetchup I do have an Intel HD 4600 graphics processor, I understand this is a pretty good one.

It's probably good as far as internal GPUs go, but doesn't really compare to standalone GPUs. Here is a comparison with some of the common (but very good) cards.
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Intel+HD+4600

I have the 770 for example, which performs a fair bit better -- but of course is quite pricey too. The current town I'm playing has almost 2200 people in it, I'm playing with all settings on max, and it doesn't really lag much at 2x. A little snag here and there, but it's fine to play it. 10x is more troublesome! :D

irrelevant

@Pangaea Did you install the card yourself or did your machine come with it already installed? Any snags/issues? Maybe I should look into an upgrade. I know nothing about hardware.