News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Picks and Shovels? (Limited civil engineering)

Started by A Nonny Moose, August 11, 2014, 10:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Nonny Moose

I have been annoyed a few times when a slight elevation of ground that could be levelled by manual labor (that fine gentleman from Mexico) could have fixed a problem with laying out something or dropping in a building.

Are there any such tools in the game?  I haven't been able to find them.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

salamander

Not that I'm aware.  With the layout of certain things, such as farms, the completion of the farm may cause the surrounding terrain to change in appearance slightly.  This change could affect the placement of roads, etc... that rely on more-or-less level ground for their construction.  But, so far as I know, there's no tool in the game that allows you to change the elevation of ground, even if it's only a slight rise.

I agree that small changes in elevation should be able to be modified by labor.  It drives me crazy that a road can 'almost' be built across a small rise, but the 1 or 2 squares at the peak can't be built on.

RedKetchup

there is none but...

thats the first addon i WANT, so kind of ... Civil Engineering :) good name, i ll remember :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on August 11, 2014, 10:58:28 AMAre there any such tools in the game?

Unfortunately no... still hoping that the mod-kit will give us some simple terraforming options...

Yeah - what Salamander said... you can try that also with a stock pile footprint, once in a while I manage to squeeze in a tile or two...

I find the perspective in Banished a bit confusing once in a while - you can't run a street over a tiny-looking hill, but when you rotate the map a bit you suddenly realize that you are at the edge of a 100-foot cliff  ???
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]