News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Hints for how to get goods to production places?

Started by CathyM, July 03, 2019, 09:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CathyM

Hi, all -
I've been trying a harder (for me) version of the Ed. Choice Lite game, and I am having a hard time figuring out why goods don't make it to the production places. For instance - I have 60 water sitting around, and there are two wells and a water tower, and my greenhouses and stables just WON"T get water?! Like, for a whole year! The water tower is a block away - what am I doing wrong? Does there need to be a nearby barn? (There are storage plots near). And the windmill never gets grain, even though it's for sale two blocks away- what am I doing wrong?? Even when I make the greenhouse a "priority", I can't seem to get someone to go for the water....

Anyone else run into this? Any suggestions welcome.

Nilla

How high is your food supply? Is it the same game you talked about in that other thread where people starve?
In that case, I have an explanation for your problem.

There is simply no time for the people in the production sites to get there raw material, people will grab it immediately and carry it into their houses. As long as you don´t have any food surplus this problem will stay and it will solve itself, as soon as the total amount of food is higher. I would suggest; increase the "simple" food production; such as farming, fishing, hunting, gatherer, beehives. When the stores are bigger I´m sure everything will work again, but of course barns and other storages in close locations are always good.

RedKetchup

it is hard to get a good amount water if your citizens drink it all. need to sustain your citizens with real nutrients :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 04, 2019, 04:03:22 AM
it is hard to get a good amount water if your citizens drink it all. need to sustain your citizens with real nutrients :)
I expect that once they get a certain amount of water in their houses, they won't drink it if they have enough real food (a good amount of each group). Then they'll stop picking it up to take home. You will always have a certain amount of water that you will not be able to use, you just have to allow for that, since there's no way to stop it altogether.

A market will help with your food distribution by keeping all groups available for shoppers.

CathyM

You know, I never thought to look in the houses for the water!!  :-X I see almost 60 water in the storehouses, so it's not all going to homes... it's just not getting to the greenhouses and stables... but yes, the food supply is low... I will watch to see what happens when food is more available. I suppose bannies might be spending more time grabbing food than working...