News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nomads and Potential for Disease

Started by MarkAnthony, July 14, 2019, 08:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

Hi.

I finally read every single post in the General Discussion category; lol that took a couple of days without playing to do.  :D    I took screenshots of things I thought worthy of saving for future reference. Anyways...

I have a question regarding Nomads and their potential for bringing disease into your town. It'll sound like a stupid question and it probably is and it may be the reason I never saw it mentioned by anyone else, but I'd still like to know. The question is: How long are Nomads considered Nomads? I mean, how long after accepting them do I need to worry about the risk of disease they bring? For example, will the game always have them flagged internally as Nomads and therefore always likely they'll be the ones starting an epidemic or do they eventually become considered "normal citizens" after a year or two passes with less likelihood of epidemic? I hope you understand what I am trying to ask.

Thanks.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

theonlywanderer

Once you accept nomads, they are no longer nomads and just regular citizens.

When you accept nomads, they will either bring a disease immediately or they simply revert to the same likelihood of any other citizen to get a disease based on standard in game factors.

You can also get diseases from the stuff you trade.

brads3

hmmm good question. from what i have seen usually the diseases seem to occur within a year of acceptiing them,maybe 2. but this may be very mod dependant also. so with a 1:1 age mod combined with some safety mods, how much has it been altered in my games?

the formula for these type things is so buried into the game coding beyond what the modders can see. a slight altering of any variable can have bigger effects than they or we players realize. 

moonbelf

This is an interesting discussion. From what I've seen, I agree with what @brads3 and @theonlywanderer both say. Also interesting is what a big unknown a mod or two can bring to a game sometimes.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: theonlywanderer on July 14, 2019, 08:50:13 PMOnce you accept nomads, they are no longer nomads and just regular citizens.

When you accept nomads, they will either bring a disease immediately or they simply revert to the same likelihood of any other citizen to get a disease based on standard in game factors.
This is what I felt was happening, I just wasn't sure. I will go on believing that this is the way it is.

Thanks for the replies.

brads3

Quote from: moonbelf on July 14, 2019, 09:12:11 PM
This is an interesting discussion. From what I've seen, I agree with what @brads3 and @theonlywanderer both say. Also interesting is what a big unknown a mod or two can bring to a game sometimes.

wait til MARK tries to figure out and understand market vendors. :D

MarkAnthony

Quote from: brads3 on July 15, 2019, 04:38:43 AM
Not sure what you mean by that. I already know they'll travel the world over to get stuff into their market, even so they're pretty dang fast about it! Heck, Vendors are my favorite workers in game!   :D I'd give them and Traders a raise if I could; they earn it!

EDIT: I also know the Vendors don't steal from one another creating an endless loop; and I know the Banis' will favor a market over a storage barn or stockpile if they are within range of the market's circle of influence. I also noticed (and have also read in a few General Discussion posts from long ago) that the markets will gather specific materials for professions within their range like enough leather for one tailor or coal for one blacksmith etc,.

What more is there that I may be forgetting I read/experienced or not know of? :)

theonlywanderer

Wait... you mean somebody understands markets?   That's just myth... nobody understands markets.

brads3

Quote from: theonlywanderer on July 15, 2019, 07:03:47 AM

Wait... you mean somebody understands markets?   That's just myth... nobody understands markets.

hahaha,no i did not say that. all the vendors have different personalities MARK has the basic concepts and understandings down,but the vendors are all different.

some will idle differently than others some will haul goods from the far off pile and others use the closer piles or storage.SLINK's market vendors will help collect items from workers. say you send the workers to clear an area.they will pile it and then the vendor will move them.  that is without me mentioning the SUPER VENDOR.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: brads3 on July 15, 2019, 09:23:07 AM...  that is without me mentioning the SUPER VENDOR.
Yeah, Super Vendor is an urban legend! He/She doesn't really exist!

In this day and age, if it's not on video - it didn't happen!   :P

Then again, with deep-fake videos now a thing, that's not necessarily true anymore either.

So yeah, for me Super Vendor is relegated to urban legends like Nessie (Lochness monster), Bigfoot, Yeti, the Chupacabra, Babba Yagga and so on.

brads3

i have seen him only once. i have tried off and on to find him again. LUKE left us with many mysteries to why or how the bannies act.

moonbelf

Super vendor? What super vendor? Please don't tell me I have to read all the pages of the General Discussion like MARK did ....

MarkAnthony

Quote from: moonbelf on July 15, 2019, 12:17:34 PM
Super vendor? What super vendor? Please don't tell me I have to read all the pages of the General Discussion like MARK did ....
LMAO!   :P

Hey it only took a couple of days, I even squeezed in a few hours of Banished play-time.   ;)   But yeah there were a couple of posts that spoke of that urban legend! There were actually a few threads that had some humorous comments in there. One that comes to mind was from @slink

But you know what, I wonder if there were some posts that were lost or excluded perhaps from a previous version of this forum maybe? Maybe archived somewhere? Because when I got to the very last one, it did not even seem to be the kind of post that would normally be the first post ever of a forum. It seemed like a huge chunk of posts were missing.  /shrug

But it was interesting to see in a timeline-like fashion of when @RedKetchup was a new player and before he even did modding for Banished and then seeing him "Welcome" @irrelevant to World of Banished!  lol --- Even they were Noobs!   :P    I saw proof! Even @Nilla wasn't posting yet back then.

I'll be right back, gonna see if I can find that one funny comment from @slink

EDIT: Okay here it is - the Student parents post. It was almost to the very end actually. I have to admit, school was fun back in the day... erm I mean... homework!

brads3

Quote from: moonbelf on July 15, 2019, 12:17:34 PM

here you go:http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2086.msg42587#msg42587

RedKetchup

i dunno. probably they have sex 101 classes in their school.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .