Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Of cause. Very observant!  ;D

Bracken

Quote from: Bracken on June 27, 2015, 09:20:34 AM

And yes, I will post the town again when the last uneducated dies off.

Finally.
Early Spring 31 - pop 179
100% educated
5 hearts
5 stars

Nilla

So, Carron was the last uneducated? How old was she/he?

Maybe it's better to let them be educated early, after all.

Bracken

irrelevant

Summer 20 - pop 45

Going along well, up until now. Problems brewing though, got two adult females without mates, and of 17 students and children, only seven are males, the eldest of whom is 8. :( >:(

edit: I meant to post this on my blog  :( Oh, well.

irrelevant

Late Summer 28 - pop 100

Didn't think I was going to make it, but there was a pop surge at the end.

I also have 13 graves, but my houses, families, children, and students are different. I know I had a number of graves decay.

My problem for the last 4-5 years, despite my previous post, was not enough females. I built a house each time a new laborer was available, and it would be taken by a 17 y/o male and a 13-14 y/o female. I had to build two new schools, one near the area where the new homes were being built, and another more remote one next to the town hall. Each time a female student moved into a house in the new development, I knew she was attending the school in the old town. So I assigned a teacher to the town hall school, closed the other two schools down, then opened them back up and closed the town hall school. This llittle do-si-do insures that every student is attending the school nearest her home.

I don't think I would really have benefited much by having more uneducated. I was constantly looking at that possibility, but it never seemed to make sense. The thing is, you can't pick and choose who leaves school, either you expel all students, or none. That was what stopped me.

Nilla

Congaratio lations! Again you beat me! Not much, but well done! :) You're the master, at least until @Brugle shows his peace!  ;)

We used a little bit different strategies for the girls at school. I only had one school, but always looked at the homes with children. If there was a girl in a house far away from school, I let them change houses with some older couple or a family with only boys living in the "school area". The same thing at the period as the boys were older than the girls. If such a couple moved into a far away house: "house-swap"!

Brugle

Quote from: Nilla on June 30, 2015, 02:12:21 AM
at least until @Brugle shows his peace!  ;)
Soon after I said I'm in, I found out that a good friend I hadn't seen for over a year would be in town for the weekend.  So I haven't even started.  ::)

kee

Just reached 100 on the Adam & Eve challenge late summer year 30 but there's that pesky half heart that won't get filled so I'm not entering at present. Had everybody educated from the start which proved to make a very slow one, slow start also because there was too many men. The odd death in childbirth took its toll among the femmes. Two tornados showed up as well, each sucking up a lady in her prime; I blame vengeful old gods.
Used redcetchup's medieval and beautifying mods- and there's one thing there who rocks the balance a bit in my favor- the schools can have a house right on top of them and housing generally can be more compacted which leads to shorter commute to school and hence earlier exams and educated laborer status.

The town itself seems to be on the right track for a medieval farming community. I have some ideas on producing a "abbey" complete with brewery, fields, church, refecrorium, dormitorium, the lots. Mixed gender, micromanaging forth all male or all female is well nigh impossible. We'll have to say that this order does not take dictate from the papal clergy.
Kim Erik