News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

I need ALL THE MODS!

Started by WaKitty, February 25, 2020, 12:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaKitty

Hi!  Spent entirely too many hours in banished already.  Wanted more mods because I mastered colonial charter already.  Might even take up modding myself eventually, it seems fun and would solve several rants where I can't get things exactly where I want them.  (I really really want a wall that goes over a canal - maybe even one a trader could go through.  And maybe some walls you could walk on?  Or some raised roads?  I want to build myself a cute little medieval city.)

Anyway, hi.  Steam says my current playtime of banished is 418 hours.

brads3

be careful. not all mods work together. organizing mod order is an art to itself. takes much practice to figure some glitches and conflicts out. you can not have everything,must pick and choose. even when mods do work together ,you have to decide which way is best for you. we are all different and have our own play styles. mixing and matching can give fun and intesting results. it can also give headaches or nightmares.

for your wall over a canal, check out DS bridges.or with terraform tools, fake it.

galensgranny

I know what you mean about wanting all the mods!   :)    Unfortunately, my computer can't handle all the mods available all at once, but I can use a great many at the same time.

You might like DS Stone Bridge at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=385.  It has wide stone bridges with houses and other buildings made to fit on the bridges.  It seems medieval, in style and with buildings and houses on the bridge itself.  Most of Discrepancy's (DS) buildings match the look.

catty-cb

Quote from: galensgranny on February 25, 2020, 03:44:55 PM
I know what you mean about wanting all the mods!   :)    Unfortunately, my computer can't handle all the mods available all at once.....

I would have loved to have had MegaMod, but experimenting with my steam version of Banished (also have the GoG version as well with its own set of mods) I've got no problem activating MegaMod 1 and 2, but if I try and activate the third file my computer crashes   :(

WaKitty

Oh I'm aware you can't do literally all the mods.  Still, before my last computer died, I had gotten a considerable number.  Just took a couple of hours of fiddling to work out conflicts.  I had to switch back to an older computer though because my nice new one died, so we'll see what this one's capable of.

WaKitty

Wasn't using mod manager.  Probably will now.  It looks pretty useful - I grabbed a bunch of both DS mods and Kid's mods that make small changes to things, plus I already have CC and RK's editor's choice.  I'd hit the point where CC's production chains weren't complicated enough.

It was much easier on my shiny new fast desktop, but there was a slight case of house fire...anyway it's quite thoroughly dead.

catty-cb

Quote from: 1 on February 26, 2020, 07:58:02 AM
@catty-cb have you tried older megamod ? Its not that heavy....

I do have the older megmod, but had really been looking forward to megamod 8 ... and its not that I can't use it as it does work perfectly well with just 1 and 2 activated, but it would have been nice to have had all of it