News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

[Beta] Tree Of Life

Started by Darkbibou, March 12, 2015, 01:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkbibou

When we format the OS disk of a computer there is always small things that we don't remember to backup :(

I rarely format my drive though, my machine is pretty rock stable ^^ (and in any case I don't format + reinstall, I override the drive with a full stable image of the entire drive (with acronis true image))

--

The building definitely looks good ingame ! It seems that it's one of the basegame building ! 8) (you didn't change the skins right ?)

Thanks for the answers to my questions !

Where did you put the various use_ and create_ points in the model ?

Can you add a small bench/stool in front of one of the easel please ? (or some other small items to make it more lively)

Thank you very much for all the works ! :D

RedKetchup

Quote from: Darkbibou on March 24, 2015, 01:48:13 AM
The building definitely looks good ingame ! It seems that it's one of the basegame building ! 8) (you didn't change the skins right ?)

nan i didnt yet, i had warcraft raid last night.

and yes i can add a stool, i planned it but i forgot it p ^^
what do you prefer for the ground ? keep it on the ingame grass ? put dirt ground all around ? trying to check for a stone ground skin ?

about the dummies, since i need to add a stool and still have to finish the roof... the dummies were only temp dummies. they are only part of the last final file.

when you do a model , you start to work on a graphic file. you place everything you want and everything are made in seperate piece of box, cones, and tubes.
and then when finish, you export it as an .OBJ file and you reset your 3dsMax.
when reseted, you start a new scene and you go import an .OBJ file and you import it as ' 1 single mesh ' and then everything are tight and linked perfectly together.
then you clone the building 2 times (or more) and place them at different place of your screen and call them 'build01' 'build02' etc. that is the building process % in the game. you go in the build01 model and only leave the foundation (thats 0% with all mats on the footprint) and then you go in build02 and you 'unbuild it' midway for the 50% building process for builders.
there you add the dummys for bluilders, user, creates and smoke. and you export again everything as a .FBX
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Darkbibou

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 24, 2015, 05:05:54 AM
what do you prefer for the ground ? keep it on the ingame grass ? put dirt ground all around ? trying to check for a stone ground skin ?

A stone ground would force me to put a high stone cost to the building and since it's a building you build in the early game I need to keep the costs as low as possible.
A small circle of dirt arround the barrel/tube could be great, or under the drying skins on the right.

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 24, 2015, 05:05:54 AM
about the dummies, since i need to add a stool and still have to finish the roof... the dummies were only temp dummies. they are only part of the last final file.

when you do a model , you start to work on a graphic file. you place everything you want and everything are made in seperate piece of box, cones, and tubes.
and then when finish, you export it as an .OBJ file and you reset your 3dsMax.
when reseted, you start a new scene and you go import an .OBJ file and you import it as ' 1 single mesh ' and then everything are tight and linked perfectly together.
then you clone the building 2 times (or more) and place them at different place of your screen and call them 'build01' 'build02' etc. that is the building process % in the game. you go in the build01 model and only leave the foundation (thats 0% with all mats on the footprint) and then you go in build02 and you 'unbuild it' midway for the 50% building process for builders.
there you add the dummys for bluilders, user, creates and smoke. and you export again everything as a .FBX

Thanks for the explanation, it's very interestig :)

RedKetchup

btw about the skins..... you said you have a 3D skin already made which citizens are carrying on the map the guy made.... can i have the .fbx ? i could maybe use this .fbx and use it in the mesh instead of trying to make a new one with your texture ^^

Darkbibou

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 24, 2015, 05:35:21 AM
btw about the skins..... you said you have a 3D skin already made which citizens are carrying on the map the guy made.... can i have the .fbx ? i could maybe use this .fbx and use it in the mesh instead of trying to make a new one with your texture ^^

@Maal has sent me a first version yesterday but I havn't been able to compile it (it was an ascii fbx, not a binary fbx and it makes my Tools-x64 program crash at compile time)

He send me a new version this morning but I havn't tested it yet (I'm at work).

I'll transfer you the email to allow you to test it by yourself :)

RedKetchup

ok, cause i dont understand, your .PNG and mine .PNG are both transparent in the background (screen1) but once i import them in 3dsMax as material, yours is 'black' and mine is 'white' (screen2).

in 3dsmax in the material editor i cannot see any difference (none of numbers or any checkbox are different). i dunno if i can see a difference in photoshop, but i dunno how to search.

there is nobody in here that can explain me things in 3D, things i dont understand, i am the most avanced 3D expert (for what i am LOL) there was @graphite  at some point but the guy disappeared quickly 6 months ago. (anyways i asked him a couple of question but the guy didnt seems to understand english well, never answered ^^) i ve got to find everything by myself ^^

Darkbibou

I've send you the fbx by email :)

I unfortunatly can't help you about the technical details  :P

RedKetchup

Quote from: Darkbibou on March 24, 2015, 08:14:41 AM
I've send you the fbx by email :)

I unfortunatly can't help you about the technical details  :P

great thx, gonna go check my emails :)

in wait.... is that footprint acceptable ? :)

RedKetchup

got it :) i can use that :)

after couple of adjustments in size..... it will fit good :)

(but i look back to the screenshot taken.... mine still more beautiful but yours (or his) is way simple and 99% less polygone ^^)

RedKetchup

if everything ok gonna export in .OBJ now and re-import as single mesh
snag the roof and do build01 build02 :) and dummies

Darkbibou

I'm ok with the footprint :)

I don't know for the poly count, I just give him a low resolution image of animal skin I had found online ^^

RedKetchup

alright i m back (got do make some errants... and back with 2 delicious piece of..... Brath aehnchen ??? hehe
with french fries and B&B sauce :)

i just snag the roof :) let me know if ok :)
i hate so much to do that lol

Darkbibou

I had to google "Brath aehnchen" but it's look pretty delicious :D

The curved roof make the building looks even better !

I'm back at home and reading for testing :)

RedKetchup

alright it is done :)
unless you arent happy of this screenshot :)

gah :( no screenshot, the board server is broken again :(

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

RedKetchup

mail sent @Darkbibou

yay we can post screenshot now :) everything back