News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Cedar Creek - Story 20

Started by Abandoned, November 13, 2017, 08:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Intro:

This is the 20th story in the Smallville series.  The Ancestors of the settlers of this town were on this land long before Smallville even existed.  They are the natives of this land put here by the Great Spirit many moons ago, it is now year 40 Smallville Time.  The natives have settled on this land that was their summer hunting grounds.  Their town, built by the west bend of the river, was well established when a group of nomad arrived after being turned away from Smallville.  You, weary traveler, are part of that group, and you are listening to this tale being told to you with great respect for the Native people and their teachings.  The CC Frontier settlement you have arrived at is called Cedar Creek, to the east is the Refugee Camp of story 10, to the west are the Great Plains, and to the north across the river are pine forests, Cedar Creek, and the Cedar Ridge mountain range.

The map is #189060516  Plains, Small, Mild, disasters Off, Medium Start

Mods and Load Order:

Starting and Map Changing Mods:  Banished UI Maps, Compatibility Mod, Labor Window, RK Minimized Status, RK Vanilla TP, CC Light Rain, Plain

Tweak Mods:  Better Fields, Busy Pastures, Hunting & Gathering, Fishing Dock 25%, Hunting Season, Increased CC, 1:1 aging, Rocks Respawn, Simple Tombstone, Tool Value Up, Trader Accepts All

Major or Must Have Mods:  An Empty Square, Nomad Sign Complete, CC Frontier, (Build Monuments - not needed, it is included in CC Frontier), Kid Alotofseed Trader, Mini Buildings, Maritime Storage Collection, & @Necora  Pine Set.

Supporting Mods: Bakery, Birch Bark Canoe, Bison CC Mod, Campfire, Deco Sunflower, Fenceless Pasture, Firewood Storage, Garden Shed, Horses CC Mod, Idle Small Fisherman, Kid Deco Wreaths, Kid Granny Park, Kid Old Fence, Kid Twilight Herbs, Maritime Decorations, Maritime Coverings, Maritime Humble Construction, Storage Crates, Vegan Scarecrow

So, weary traveler, I will be more than happy to tell you about Cedar Creek Settlement, there is much you have to learn, and I will tell you quite simply why you can't stay here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9MvdMqKvpU

brads3

not to cause you headaches but  you should have added the my precious mod to give you the silver ore and silver pfering to use for the workcamp and some other NFT parts. you can  import the building supplies and probably the cannons and muskets.i am not sure how much is added into that modular mod.will your bakery produce hardtack? might be an interesting test run.mod order can be critical as well with some of the mods you listed.

Abandoned

@brads3 My Native Americans are not doing any mining or fort building.  Refugee camp with fort is to the east.  I used My Precious mod up North at the North Mining Town.  My mods are listed in mod order and test map and this map, so far so good.  Pine mod also good so far, no slow down either.  The map is beautiful with those trees.  I wish you luck with your new town.  :)

brads3

so you have the pine mod below CC? it functions and all the items show up?maybe that has changed with the modular CC. there is a mod that would give you the indian burial ground as well. be warned the indians did like to shoot poison arrows at the worker.

brads3

your refugee camp has the training camp fort. the NFT fort is different.lol  are you confused yet?

Abandoned

:) No, I am not confused over the forts, but a fort does not fit into this story.  Oh, I see I missed Build Monument mod on the list, I will have to recheck.  I had been setting up the mods on my separate CC install and had check Necora's info on pine mod placement and was all ready to give it a test when I discovered kralyerg had released the Frontier modular, I may have missed enabling or listing the build monument mod in the process.  Thanks for mentioning it.  :)

brads3

lol,see i wasn't trying to confuse you really.the NFT isn't just indians either. the pine forests work regarless but if the mod order isn't right, the items that spawn freely all over the map might not function fully.the traps,beaver lodges,cranberry,chantelles,etc.some of those spawn at start and some are set to spawn after a few years.ohh and this year,NECORa upgraded it so others can collect items. like a forester or laborers can clear and collect eggs and furs.

Abandoned

@brads3 thanks for noticing missing Build Monuments mod.  No wonder it wasn't on the mod list, I have it in CC separate install and enable but never put it in this install.  I corrected my oversight and edited my intro mod list to include it.

The pine set items seem to be spawning as they should and items are being collected by the gatherers and trapper.  So far all seem to be as they should be.  I was so glad to see the Frontier modular, I only had one CC Journey test map that did not freeze up on me and that was with only a very few mods added.  I was very concerned with the success of a map with pine mod or any others added.  Glad I did not have to find out.  :)

galensgranny

Abandoned

@galensgranny the vegan scarecrow is Red's scarecrow separate from the Decorative Items Pack but the building requirement is a wool coat instead of a hide coat.  The scarecrow looks the same.  It was posted in the General Topic of Hide Items.  Here is link"

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=806.15   Reply #16

galensgranny

Thanks, Abandoned.  That was super nice that Red Ketchup made a vegan scarecrow for those adverse to using leather.

Abandoned

I agree Granny, that was very nice of Red.  :)

Chapter 1

No, weary traveler, you can not stay here.  We know your kind, you do not walk the Good Red Road, you do not live in harmony with Earth Mother and all things of the earth.  You are the destroyers.  My ancestors saw the destruction your people caused cutting all the trees and throwing them in the river, changing their course and destroying all in their path.  And still you did not learn.  You build the iron horse cutting more trees to build tracks and scaring off the wild ponies and killing off the buffalo the Great Spirit had given us.  You cut more trees to build big empty houses taller than the trees, then you have no firewood to keep the houses warm.  You cut more trees.  How can the Standing People watch over you and protect you from the winter winds or summer sun if you cut them down? 

You drink too much fire-water in your towns and taverns, your minds do not work as they should. You kill a wild creature for his coat then shoot arrows into the man wearing the coat thinking him that creature. Do not laugh, it is true, my husband of many moons is one such victim.  Dillam was a wagon vendor at the Refugee Camp, he was shot in the leg with an arrow from the watch tower and became lost in the snow trying to get help.  Our scouts found him and I nursed him back to health with healing herbs from Mother Earth.  I am Adine, of the Lakota tribe of the great Sioux Nation.

This land was the summer hunting grounds of my people.  I was with the hunting party that year when the early snowstorm hit. Had the Great Spirit not sent the herds to us late that year, we would have been gone and we would not have found Dillam.  He would not have survived.  We built a large shed to shelter in and wait till spring.  We took Dillam back to our main camp and the wise elders granted permission for him to stay with us, there was much he could teach us.  We were wed and had a son we named Helmer.  Food was becoming increasingly scarce, a group of us were given permission to return to the summer hunting grounds to settle.  The elders are wise.

We returned to the large shed we had wintered in and set to work building our new settlement.  There were 10 of us with 10 children.  We thanked the Great Spirit for the good weather and large herd of deer he sent us.  Dillam taught us how to build a fishing pier that would greatly increase the amount of fish we would catch.  The fish heads were buried in the corn field to help the corn grow tall and bountiful.  By the month of the Ripe Berries moon, we had our homes built, the doors of the native huts and tents all facing east toward the morning sun.  An outdoor classroom was ready to teach the first 3 students the olds ways of the past, and a town hall was built for the elders of our new settlement to meet and talk of the future.

The month of the Long Snows moon indeed brought the first snow but it did not last long.  We still had time to collect more wild foods and herbs before winter set in to stay.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on November 14, 2017, 10:11:23 AM
Thanks, Abandoned.  That was super nice that Red Ketchup made a vegan scarecrow for those adverse to using leather.

i often have llittle pearls like this.... for those who follow the threads ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

what mod did you get those indian tents and huts with?they look and act completely different than CC's.

Abandoned

@brads3 the native huts and tents were added to the CC Frontier modular.  They only require wood and hides to build.  Very nice addition.