News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

How to Decide what The Buildings are Made Out Of (Realistic)

Started by KIM16, December 07, 2018, 03:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: KIM16 on December 07, 2018, 01:43:28 PM
A lot of building in game made from stone need only log to build, that makes no sence.

yup thats something. i personally try to take care when it is time to decide the building materials.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

Arguments for nothing. The production chain only tells the 'recipe' for the building
It is up to modders to supply their different textures.

Say you need 20 bricks. That does not say if they are red or yellow. It is still up
to the modders to decide texture for their buildings.

KIM16

Anyways for plaster the chain can be:

Clay - clay pits, buildings in mods that add clay
Water - water tower, mods that add water 
Sand - shorehouses, beachs, mods that sand
Limestone - colected in stone mine

Clay + water + sand = plaster
Limestone + water + sand = plaster

Its not too comlicatated, water can even be removed if people want. :)

I think thats the only thing missing in all of the mods but so many modded buildings have it.

brads3

didn't DS start on some of this? maybe not called "plaster " but cement and cut stones,etc.

theonlywanderer

The way I see it...   if you want it real easy, you are basically asking to take away the challenge of the game anyway.  So what difference does it make if you have to use Debug instead and just build your town versus everything only requiring 10 logs and 10 stone to build?   From what I see, the majority of people around here are seasoned players and can pretty much accomplish any goal they want, even with vanilla.   So with the mods, it seems only logical to try and bring back some of the challenge and find ways to increase the challenge.   Those who prefer simple and easy, can just use Debug.   

I totally admit to randomly playing a map using Debug, nothing wrong it at all unless your competing in a challenge with others.  I enjoy a break from the game to just throw together things and play around with different ideas that I can use in a legit play through.  It helps to familiarize myself with everything there is.  I still haven't been all the way through MM and it seems like I've used tons of stuff out of it... there is just so much it's incredible.

Bottom line, I just can't see any complaints against more advanced mods since the Debug menu exists.  Debug menu allows anything you want to be built whether you have the items or not.  So install every building set you want and use them wherever you want.   Turn Debug free build on and off as necessary to get what you want.

elemental

I like realism, to a point. But if it gets too complicated many players will lose interest.

Discrepancy, EB, and Red have started adding lumber/timber, glass, brick, tile, and maybe a few other materials. For me that's a good start. I'd like to see furniture used as a building material, especially in hospitals, churches, and the better types of houses.

KIM16

The vannila version is missing the late "end game". But since there is no combat or kingdom to conqure, upgrading the building to most advanced and beautiful is the end game. For last level of house upgrades copper or bronze roofs can be added. Also gold and silver decorations on the noblemans houses and some other buildings like churches.

KIM16

Furniture is not a building material, but it would be nice if candles and furniture can be used by bunnies same as firewood ofc at slower rate, or at leat brought into the homes, but not sure if that is possible

RedKetchup

Quote from: KIM16 on December 07, 2018, 02:24:25 PM
Furniture is not a building material, but it would be nice if candles and furniture can be used by bunnies same as firewood ofc at slower rate, or at leat brought into the homes, but not sure if that is possible

but dont you think it would become too much CC ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

theonlywanderer

Colonial Charter Journey is outstanding and I think it's a good foundation to build on for starting a united modders series.   So many of the mod requests I see around the forums are already in CC, they just aren't separate mods which I guess is why people don't want to use it?   But using that as a base and adding on compatible mods to CC seems very logical and a time saver.

With the MegaMod series, it's already obvious a lot of existing mods blend just fine with CC.

KIM16

Dont know, I am not sure what things are in cc. But I guess furniture can be optional from mod to mod, and I dont think it should be used as building material as that makes no sence. If possible it should be used by people or made for trading. Or I dont know make suggestions :)

KIM16

CC is amazing mod, but they made homewares because they couldnt add more than 3 building materials. But furniture is used by all people the ones that live in shack and in mansions, it would be needed for all types of homes, and that loses purpose

elemental

Quote from: KIM16 on December 07, 2018, 02:46:18 PM
I guess furniture can be optional from mod to mod, and I dont think it should be used as building material as that makes no sence.

How can you build a church without all the pews, or a hospital without all the beds? What's inside the building is just as important as the walls and roof. It would be a bit silly to use furniture if we still only had 3 slots, but we can have up to 6 materials now. It adds that extra level of realism without making things too complicated, at least in my opinion.

Quote from: KIM16 on December 07, 2018, 02:24:25 PM
it would be nice if candles and furniture can be used by bunnies same as firewood ofc at slower rate, or at leat brought into the homes, but not sure if that is possible

Yeah, that would be nice, but unfortunately it isn't possible. Red started making homewares as a type of luxury that gives happiness. I like that idea. The problem is alcohol/luxuries happiness doesn't really have much impact on the game.

elemental

Quote from: KIM16 on December 07, 2018, 02:54:26 PM
But furniture is used by all people the ones that live in shack and in mansions, it would be needed for all types of homes, and that loses purpose

The best compromise would be to use furniture in high quality/advanced homes only. It could still be required for hospitals and churches though, if modders wanted to go in that direction. Red added a furniture maker recently so we'll see what he does with it.  :)

brads3

problem is the game doesn't allow us to use the extra items except for trading. bannies use food ,herbs,tools,clothing,and firewood. the luxury side doesn't function well. bannies are known to drink all the ale super fast.since we don't have a slot to use furniture under or silverware,CC added them as building material.i have tried to come up with a way to implement these extrea items.none make sence or are impracticle.
        there are too many "ifs" to use such items. if we had TOM's happiness code and fine tuned it and if we could crack the luury code to have more control of how much the banies use up,then we could do more of this or that.

someday they will take all these ideas and make a better game.there are some in development stages.when they come out with the improved game,will everyone leave me? :'( i am afraid it will get too quiet here then.the friendship level of this forum would be missed.